Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 4633 times)

htimreimer

Suggestions
« on: October 09, 2011, 02:02:52 am »
(1)when you are submit a game you can add rating to it how about let us add official nintendo seal of quality  or the sega Seal of Quality
(2)i have a game compilation it has 3 game in it I would like if vgcollect could have way for me add it to my collection
(3)how about chat room for gamers

madmax

Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 06:02:21 pm »
1)When we submit games we do have the option of official release and unofficial release.

2) You can add the complication to the website as a normal game. A little like this:

http://vgcollect.com/item/5239

Yours may already be on the website.

3)A chat room or even a shout out widget would be cool, I agree

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 03:34:45 am »
are they adding the ability to add more than one Developer or Publisher and to clear up  complication pack thing what i mean is maybe if  complication has 3 game in it, it could count as 3 games

madmax

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 05:22:43 am »
@matt is working on getting more Devs and Publishers up I believe.

Personally I think it would take away a little if complications counted as several games. It's so easy to go out an buy a game with 100 games in it nowadays but I don't think it has as much merit as someone who actually has 100 games. It's not up to me though :P

scott

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 10:24:03 am »
The Collection count isn't truly a "game count", it's an item count. So a Compilation pack is still only 1 item, even if it has 3, 25 or 100 games in it. There are no plans to make game compilation packs count as multiple games in a collection, as they are a singular item.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 10:33:15 am »
@htimreimer Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like the other guys answered everything for you. Multiple devs and pubs will be coming soon. Not sure about a chat room but we'll keep that in the suggestion box for now.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 03:40:55 am »
Will you guys add the option to make own lists?

I collect by franchise not consoles hehe

scott

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 07:29:04 am »
Yup its on Matt's to do list. :)

I also have franchise based collections too and its a feature I hope we can knock out soon.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 01:51:25 pm »
Can you add Playstation Network to the PSP section? I wanted to add Fate/Unlimited Codes, which has been brought to the US with translations via PSN and not UMD. Also I realize that I had originally listed Patapon 2 (Download Voucher) in my collection, but technically I do not have the voucher as I just simply bought the game from the PSN network with the use of a $20 PSN card.

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 02:07:10 pm »
Actually, I guess when I ask that question, I realize that Playstation Network would have to be renamed to "Playstation Network (PS3) [NA]" as to allow for "Playstation Network (PSP) [NA]" to avoid confusion.

matt

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 03:58:00 pm »
I sure can but let me get some clarifications since I'm a PSN noob. Are their titles that can be bought and played both on PSP and PSP? Just want to make sure we are listing things properly.

jobocan

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 04:48:28 pm »
Are their titles that can be bought and played both on PSP and PSP? Just want to make sure we are listing things properly.

Minis can be played on both, and PS1 classics. I'm pretty sure that's it.

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 05:12:49 pm »
Are their titles that can be bought and played both on PSP and PSP? Just want to make sure we are listing things properly.

Minis can be played on both, and PS1 classics. I'm pretty sure that's it.

So I forgot about Minis since I don't play them.

PSN, or PSN store to be more precise, allows for the download of both PS3 and PSP games on the PS3 console, but PSP games can only be played on the PSP. Also, the PS3 and the PSP are both able to download the PSP games, but the PSP cannot download the PS3 games. So the only other suggestion I guess I can make is to remove the PlayStation Network out of the PS3 section and make it it's own, although it is technically not a console.

matt

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 05:29:02 pm »
Okay got it. I added:

PlayStation Network (PSP) [NA]
http://vgcollect.com/browse/psnpsp

and updated the old one to:

PlayStation Network (PS3) [NA]
http://vgcollect.com/browse/psn

For now I'll just leave them within the PSP and PS3.

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 05:50:42 pm »
Appreciate that. Hopefully this won't cause problems later on.

Oh, and it probably will be helpful as I forgot to give the example of some games like Super Stardust HD which has both a PSP version and a PS3 version that are not interchangeable like Minis and PS1 Classics, so I guess this would have eventually been discovered as a necessity to fix.