Author Topic: Who here is getting a PlayStation 4 / XBox One?  (Read 19842 times)

brunauss

Re: Who here is getting a PlayStation 4 / XBox One?
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2013, 01:29:53 pm »
PS4 eventually when there's games I want to play on it. So quite possibly next year late 2014 maybe.

Otherwise Xbone doesn't interest me much at the moment. Maybe if they release an exclusive that entices I might be inclined to pick one up.

Then just for kicks I'll throw my two cents in about Wii U. Once Bayonetta 2 is released, that's when I'll get myself a Wii U.

Think I will do the same.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

haloofthesun

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2013, 11:53:17 pm »
The only exclusive on XB1 that even remotely interests me right now is Dead Rising 3, and if history tells us anything, it's that 3rd party games on Sony and Microsoft consoles do not generally stay exclusive for very long, especially not ones with previous installments on other consoles. It could stay exclusive, but it doesn't seem very likely, and if it does, oh well, I won't miss it that much.

A new Alan Wake game is about the only that will make me consider getting the XB1.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2013, 08:43:08 am »
The only exclusive on XB1 that even remotely interests me right now is Dead Rising 3, and if history tells us anything, it's that 3rd party games on Sony and Microsoft consoles do not generally stay exclusive for very long, especially not ones with previous installments on other consoles. It could stay exclusive, but it doesn't seem very likely, and if it does, oh well, I won't miss it that much.

Totally agree!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

insektmute

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2013, 02:51:41 pm »
I'd put money on everything Capcom does on Xbox One being a timed release.

The only thing that tempts me to the dark side is Crimson Dragon because Panzer Dragoon fucking rules, but I'm sticking to my guns until I see how this "we've decided to not be complete douchebags!" thing plays out. Something stinks about it.

sin2beta

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2013, 06:50:24 pm »

The only thing that tempts me to the dark side is Crimson Dragon because Panzer Dragoon fucking rules, but I'm sticking to my guns until I see how this "we've decided to not be complete douchebags!" thing plays out. Something stinks about it.

I hear that. I am tempted by Crimson Dragon, Forza, and Killer Instinct. Those would be my launch games. I'm not going to say I won't break down and pick one up. But I also look at that costing $600-$650 and I think about how many XBox 360 games that would buy. Now is the time where the getting starts to get good and that could buy me 60-65 great Xbox 360 games. As a collector, it's hard to justify 3 games over 60 games... Especially when I'm still missing so many great games for the 360.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2013, 10:03:40 am »

I hear that. I am tempted by Crimson Dragon, Forza, and Killer Instinct. Those would be my launch games. I'm not going to say I won't break down and pick one up. But I also look at that costing $600-$650 and I think about how many XBox 360 games that would buy. Now is the time where the getting starts to get good and that could buy me 60-65 great Xbox 360 games. As a collector, it's hard to justify 3 games over 60 games... Especially when I'm still missing so many great games for the 360.

Sound logic  ;D

soera

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2013, 10:26:59 pm »
Your logic is exactly the reason Im putting off my PS4 for now. There isnt anything coming out on launch that is system exclusive that I must have and Id rather snag up a lot of good PS3 titles I havent found yet.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2013, 01:04:16 am »
I find it odd that everyone is talking about Dead Rising 3 and a few about Crimson Dragon, but there seems to be no hype for D4 at all....  Its kind of sad....

insektmute

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2013, 04:30:27 pm »
Anyone else thinking of not getting any games right away? I've got Killzone: Shadow Fall on pre-order w/ my PS4, but I've never been enough of a KZ fan to justify shelling out full price, and I've already got Ys: Memories of Celceta coming in around the same time, so I'm tempted to just get the system and check out some of the demos before snagging any games.

scott

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2013, 05:30:33 pm »
I have Watch Dogs on preorder with my PS4 and I also have Second Son too. But I'm sure those will be my only PS4 games for awhile.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2013, 09:56:10 am »
Anyone else thinking of not getting any games right away?

Yep.

I'm thinking the exact same thing.

I don't have any games pre-ordered -and- to be honest...I probably won't even be opening/setting it up right away, either (at least until some decent RPG's come out for it).

Really just pre-ordered mine to:

A).  Show Sony a little love,

B).  Avoid problems finding one if there's (the usual) supply & demand problems, and

C).  Wtf?  If they're selling for double-triple what I paid for mine...you're damned right I'll sell that little bitch & just get another one later  ;)

sin2beta

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2013, 01:13:02 pm »
I find it odd that everyone is talking about Dead Rising 3 and a few about Crimson Dragon, but there seems to be no hype for D4 at all....  Its kind of sad....

I think for me I was tempted, confused, and then shrugged it off. This was my thought process:

"D4?! They're making a sequel to D, Enemy Zero, and D2! That's pretty cool"
"But Wait, didn't Kenji Eno die? A sequel seems kind of wrong. Was it in the works?"
"Oh, it has nothing to do with the previous D games... It is not connected to the D series and just shares a similar name and a insanely misleading number."
"It uses kinect control"
"Forza looks nice"

It's sad. But I was super pumped for about 5 minutes. Then it did not meet my immediate expectations and then stopped looking at it.

Does the game look cool? I may have to look at it more.

insektmute

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2013, 02:07:34 pm »
I'll echo sin2beta on D4. Part of me is like, "Oh, awesome!" but it's hard to get excited when Kenji Eno's gone and you've got all the Microsoft stuff packed on around it. A lot of their strategy also seems like an attempt to tape into the market of Sega fans who hate Sony, trying to reel them in with echoes of the past. Part of me loves the idea of seeing series like D and Panzer Dragon make a return, even just in spirit, but I loathe that these games are being used as a marketing tactic rather than being given their fair due for once.

sin2beta

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2013, 03:00:13 pm »
I'll echo sin2beta on D4. Part of me is like, "Oh, awesome!" but it's hard to get excited when Kenji Eno's gone and you've got all the Microsoft stuff packed on around it. A lot of their strategy also seems like an attempt to tape into the market of Sega fans who hate Sony, trying to reel them in with echoes of the past. Part of me loves the idea of seeing series like D and Panzer Dragon make a return, even just in spirit, but I loathe that these games are being used as a marketing tactic rather than being given their fair due for once.

From what I understand D4 isn't even a spiritual successor. It just is a random game that has a misleading title. The title just seems coincidental. It'd be like a company creating a game about a trio of immortal gladiators from Rome and "randomly and independently" naming it Eternal Champions 3. It has nothing to do with Eternal Champions but damn if the name is not misleading.

I could be mistaken, because a title named D4 not referencing the Kenji Eno games seems TOO coincidental.

insektmute

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2013, 03:57:58 pm »
From what I understand D4 isn't even a spiritual successor. It just is a random game that has a misleading title. The title just seems coincidental. It'd be like a company creating a game about a trio of immortal gladiators from Rome and "randomly and independently" naming it Eternal Champions 3. It has nothing to do with Eternal Champions but damn if the name is not misleading.

I could be mistaken, because a title named D4 not referencing the Kenji Eno games seems TOO coincidental.

Nope, you're right. Checking Wikipedia anyway, the game has absolutely no relationship whatsoever. Given the title, I have no doubt the people behind the game know damn well that it's going to confuse people, too.