Author Topic: Diablo III  (Read 6301 times)

soera

Diablo III
« on: September 10, 2013, 02:06:09 pm »
Just completed the initial mode on hard difficulty. I really enjoyed the entire playthrough. Im looking forward to going through the other 3 playthrough modes and I went ahead and jacked up my difficulty all the way to Master level V. Hoping it makes the fights tougher! :P

The monk is a fantastic character. Super fast attacks and with the ability to occasionally heal, its a good option. Also I used the templar follower the whole time for his healing assistance. I wasnt too interested in the other two followers (enchanter and thief).

All in all, Im not regretting my purchase at all!

haloofthesun

Re: Diablo III
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 02:52:24 pm »
I got mine yesterday but the fiancee and I have been too sick to be able to sit down and play it yet  :'(

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 03:36:35 pm »
I really enjoy Monk as well, mine is paragon 50 something.  I'm holding out on playing for the item patch, which sounds like it got rolled into the xpac :(

haloofthesun

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 04:14:21 pm »
Played for probably about an hour today. I'm level 4 or maybe 5 and playing as a Demon Hunter, though if I had known he (seemingly) can only use bows, I think I would have gone with the Monk. I also accidentally chose the Easy difficulty instead of Medium, so it's been an absolute breeze so far, but oh well. I don't like that you're just given skills when you level up and preferred being able to choose them like in previous games. Other than those minor complaints (only one I can actually blame on the game lol) I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

soera

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 10:34:49 pm »
You can adjust your difficulty setting at the start of the game. Also if you go into the options, there is one that allows you to pick and choose which attacks you want to use and on what button you want to use them on. I couldnt care less for mantras or whatever so I dont use those at all. Dont remember the name of the option it is but for me, its the first box you can click on and off and I think it begins with E. Word could be Enable.

haloofthesun

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 02:49:09 pm »
I meant having a skill tree that upon leveling up you can choose which skills you want to acquire. But I was unaware of that other feature. Cool!

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 11:28:54 am »
I picked up for the PS3 @ launch, but I haven't had enough time to play it as I would like. I only have a couple of hours in so far, think I am Lv 8. I am digging the Monk though, good attacks and skills so far with the ability to heal oneself.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 11:31:34 am »
Any of you play around with the couch co-op at all yet?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 02:42:22 pm »
I really really want to. My buddy likes hack and slash dungeon crawlers so I want to try it with him.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 04:09:24 pm »
I really really want to. My buddy likes hack and slash dungeon crawlers so I want to try it with him.

Let me know what you think of it, if/when you guys give it a try...a friend of mine was telling me that the co-op was *Really* fun  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tripredacus

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 08:24:54 pm »
I got Diablo III on PC on release day and played it for maybe 3 months. It just didn't have that same feel as Diablo II for me. I'm that guy that played Diablo II for 9 years. I had the same feeling on SC2, it just wasn't the same and besides the story, didn't feel like a true sequel. So much changed, entire classes removed, etc and it wasn't fun anymore. But I know a whole new class of players find it great and that's cool. Hope you have fun with it!

haloofthesun

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 09:20:46 pm »
I think I still prefer Diablo II overall, but there are some aspects of Diablo III that I do like better. They did a lot to streamline things, which is good. Anyway, I just made it to Act II and have played a little bit in it.

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 09:48:11 am »
I bought Diablo III (PS3) totally on a whim. I wasn't really interested in it honestly. I saw screenshots and immediately wrote it off because it wasn't a JRPG. But then I thought, "why not try something new?". So glad I wised up and bought this game!  I've been playing co-op with my 5 year old son (both as wizards). So much fun!!!! I plan to play solo on a harder mode as well; looking forward to that.

soera

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 03:53:31 pm »
Just beat Nightmare mode last night and on Hell mode now. Points to mention - Master level V is BS. Its more like impossible mode. You take 3-4 hits and you are dead. Period. Treasure goblins are a pain in the ass to kill after normal mode. Im still enjoying the game even though Im in my 3rd straight consecutive back to back to back playthrough.

Also have tried the same screen co-op. Its pretty cool. And since it allows up to 4 on the same screen, I cant wait til a few of my friends can come by and we make a run through.

tripredacus

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 04:05:07 pm »
I bought Diablo III (PS3) totally on a whim. I wasn't really interested in it honestly. I saw screenshots and immediately wrote it off because it wasn't a JRPG. But then I thought, "why not try something new?". So glad I wised up and bought this game!  I've been playing co-op with my 5 year old son (both as wizards). So much fun!!!! I plan to play solo on a harder mode as well; looking forward to that.

Makes you wonder how the ESRB stays in business.