Author Topic: CACHED: SKYRIM!  (Read 3551 times)

scott

CACHED: SKYRIM!
« on: October 25, 2011, 01:59:43 pm »
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim releases in about 2 weeks. I just placed my pre-order on Amazon, can't wait. In preparation, I'll be working to 100% the rest of the Oblivion achievements before then.

I was going to spring for the collector's edition, just because, but decided against it. I'd rather drop $150 on that red 3DS instead. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

Re: CACHED: SKYRIM!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 02:08:28 pm »
Ha, this reminds me that I was obsessed with getting a hold of Oblivion, but by the time I got it, I just didn't have the energy to play it.  It's still sitting on my shelf  :\    Might be time to pick it up finally.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 02:32:14 pm »
It's a great game, the scenery is still impressive, but the townsfolk look quite dated. The biggest thing is the ability to get sidetracked easily, and forgetting to play the main quest entirely. I've not played more than the first couple required quests in the main story and have spent the entire time I've played working through the guild quests and sidequests, like the Knights of the Nine storyline.

I've heard the main quest is kind of forgettable, and not nearly the best part of the game. But the guild quests are fun, especially the Thieves' Guild quest line.

darko

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 03:23:33 pm »
I have it preordered as well. It's about the only thing out there that I can think of that will pull me away from Dark Souls. I also passed on the CE. Honestly, I think it's kind of BS. I usually pick up CEs but $150 for a plastic statue? Really?

I do have the CE guide coming though.

scott

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 03:28:53 pm »
Is it plastic? I heard it was made of resin, if that the case then I am surely glad I passed on it. If it is made of resin though, that's usually some quality stuff.

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 03:32:14 pm »
Is it plastic? I heard it was made of resin, if that the case then I am surely glad I passed on it. If it is made of resin though, that's usually some quality stuff.

From Gamestop:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector's Edition

Alduin Statue. Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector's only statue stands 12" tall and is made of high quality PVC. Modeled from actual in-game 3D digital files, it showcases Alduin, the World Eater. He stands perched atop one the game's many dragon walls that teach the player the lethal language of dragons.
    'The Art of Skyrim' Official Art Book. Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8" x 12 1/8" coffee table book showcases the characters, creatures, environments, and weaponry of Skyrim. With a foreword by game director Todd Howard and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists, readers will be guided through the game's iconic visual style.
    The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim' DVD. This documentary DVD contains exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage, including interviews with the Bethesda Game Studios team as they take you from concept to creation and provide insights into the story, gameplay, setting, legacy of the Elder Scrolls franchise, and much more.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 03:33:48 pm »
@desocietas boo and yay. Boo, be cause it's PVC, yay because you saved me $70. ha

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 10:39:33 pm »
I have pre ordered this game as well.  I'm going to get in trouble at work for watching youtube vids

scott

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 10:59:20 pm »
Yeah, I want to get my hands on that map, possibly frame and hang it.

darko

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 05:23:11 pm »
If you reorder the regular edition game you should get a free cloth map. I'll be framing mine for sure.

scott

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 05:36:51 pm »
Oh yeah, I have it preordered. It'll have the cloth map for sure. I'm pretty sure they are shipping all launch copies with the cloth map packed right in with it.

madmax

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 03:12:56 pm »
Skyrkm has been halting my productivity almost completely.  I need to work on getting better one handed swords. mine is kind of pitiful compared to what I've seen :/

scott

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 04:49:20 pm »
Did I mention I was arrested for shield bashing a chicken?

desocietas

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 05:06:39 pm »
Did I mention I was arrested for shield bashing a chicken?

Yes!  You didn't copy over the rest of the cached post :)

EDIT: Oh, the cache didn't include the stuff about the chicken... Or about someone saying they got arrested or killed for yelling at a cow...?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 05:09:45 pm »
The cache I got was taken on Nov 18... does the link I sent you show the same?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas