Author Topic: October 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 18883 times)

scott

October 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« on: October 01, 2013, 08:12:50 pm »
My copy of Etrian Odyssey Untold came in the mail from Amazon and it is pristine. Seriously, you should stop preording from GameStop. haha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

Re: October 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 08:33:54 pm »
My copy of Etrian Odyssey Untold came in the mail from Amazon and it is pristine. Seriously, you should stop preording from GameStop. haha

Haha, I could hear your voice when I got the game... "I told you, you should have ordered from Amazon..."

I think if other people had preordered they would've given me a better copy.  But since it was just one...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 08:41:01 pm »
Does anyone know anything about "Nosferatu" for the SNES? I picked it up today. It sells in the $40 range, but I've never heard of it.
It's kinda odd that there is a SNES game that I've never even heard of. I'm no expert, but I ain't green neither.
And I grabbed King of Dragons for a Hamilton. I like these 16-bit beat 'em ups.

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 09:07:03 pm »
I split your posts into a new thread since it's technically October already. ;)

Nosferatu is an AWESOME game, it's a weird mixture between the platforming in Prince of Persia and Flashback, and a beat'em up.  It's uncommon, but I played it back in the day and it was awesome as hell.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 09:10:26 pm by foxhack »

scott

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 09:13:20 pm »

Derp

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 09:26:01 pm »

Derp

Ha, indeed.  I forgot, too, until Foxhack fixed it for us.  Thanks, Uncle Foxhack!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

haloofthesun

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 10:27:43 pm »
Does anyone know anything about "Nosferatu" for the SNES? I picked it up today. It sells in the $40 range, but I've never heard of it.
It's kinda odd that there is a SNES game that I've never even heard of. I'm no expert, but I ain't green neither.

From what I know it's like Prince of Persia.

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 10:37:12 pm »
Haha, I could hear your voice when I got the game... "I told you, you should have ordered from Amazon..."

I think if other people had preordered they would've given me a better copy.  But since it was just one...

I love that whenever a game like this comes out, the three of us are like afjaklfjhakljfaj!

But seriously, start pre-ordering from Amazon! :p

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 11:06:05 pm »

I love that whenever a game like this comes out, the three of us are like afjaklfjhakljfaj!

But seriously, start pre-ordering from Amazon! :p

Hahah, yeah, I gotta start doing that more often.  But I love picking stuff up day 1, and I've gotten a lot of perks over time from the manager at the local GS.  Especially when it comes to the preorder items that aren't physically bundled into the game.  I'll have to see if I can get the giant display boxes they had for the game.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 11:15:12 pm »
Ya but most of the Amazon games I've gotten have release day delivery anyway. So you're still getting it day one, even without a Amazon Prime membership... Though I will say I've saved a ton on shipping thanks to Prime too.

scott

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 11:25:10 pm »

In all honesty, they should have given you a good copy to begin with. Since you went through the trouble of going in and giving them money ahead of time. Seriously, if it was me I would be livid to the point of telling them to shove their shitty smashed copy.

desocietas

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 12:05:51 am »

In all honesty, they should have given you a good copy to begin with. Since you went through the trouble of going in and giving them money ahead of time. Seriously, if it was me I would be livid to the point of telling them to shove their shitty smashed copy.

Usually the copies have always been good, occasionally better than what I've gotten through Amazon (separate artbooks like the one for FE:A, for instance, were more dinged up from Amazon); this was the one of the first times I was disappointed in the condition of what they were giving me.  I'm not the sort to make a fuss, though, but I will likely return the game after receiving another copy from Amazon.

The other time I've been disappointed by the condition of something they gave me was the steel case for Ni No Kuni, but apparently *all* of them had minor scratches and dents.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 01:31:14 am »

Nosferatu is a pretty legit find. It's not rare but I've never seen a nice/collectable copy of it out in the wild. I've been on the lookout for a while!

jobocan

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 06:45:18 pm »
Got Wind Waker HD (the physical copy), yay!

I actually never finished the Gamecube version (never had it), so I'm hyped to finally play more than 2 dungeons :D

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 07:18:08 am »
Finally found a Gameboy player for a decent price!!
The cartridge on the left is a pirate version of Choplifter