Author Topic: October 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 18846 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: October 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 11:34:21 am »
My copy of Etrian Odyssey Untold came in the mail from Amazon and it is pristine.

Couple of days late to the party on this one.  Not like it *really* matters much  :o  (since I know it will be A LONG time before I actually get around to playing it).

(Also got mine from Amazon...in pristine condition:)  ;)

I'm just in the post-game content of Rainbow Moon...on "cruise-control"...and will be for the next few days until...

...DISGAEA D-2: A Brighter Darkness

gets here  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm a little disappointed w/ N1 this time, though because:

A).  First.. I got e-mail(s) from them saying that the pre-ordered copies (of the games, CE's, and LE's) will be shipping/arriving later than anticipated -*then*- more e-mail(s) informing me that since I pre-ordered so early (the day the LE's went up for pre-order) that this message would not apply to me, so I should disregard the previous messages...Okay...

then

B).  This morning's e-mail said that the hardcover strategy guides (that come w/ the versions that I pre-ordered)...won't be getting to their warehouse and/or shipped-out until ~3 days after the game.

So, I figure that I won't be getting the guide until ~ a week after I get the game  >:(

For 99% of the games that I get & play...I wouldn't even care -but- if ever there were games that you almost *need* a guide (because there's such a steep learning-curve + so many hidden secrets, deep -n- complex mechanics, gameplay, and customization/optimisation)...it's the *DISGAEA* games  :'(

/RANT

FWIW; TL,DR =

I still can't fucking wait for it to get here -and- will be opening it, throwing the disc into one of my PS3's, and playing it within minutes of its arrival  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 02:04:11 pm »
If it makes you feel any better, the first reviews are already claiming it one of the best SRPGs yet!  Excited that you get to play it - it'll be a while before I get to play my copy...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 02:21:22 pm »
Got Wind Waker HD (the physical copy), yay!

I actually never finished the Gamecube version (never had it), so I'm hyped to finally play more than 2 dungeons :D

I've never finished Wind Waker, but it's not because I didn't own it - it's because I was trying to complete the pictures sidequest, where you have to photograph every monster and character in the game :D I can't wait to see how the HD one looks and what they added. The "self pictures" thing that you can post to Miiverse seems really fun too.

I see in your signature that you've recently gotten the Wonderful 101 too, did you play it yet? Is it good? I think I should try the demo.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2013, 03:47:23 pm »
If it makes you feel any better, the first reviews are already claiming it one of the best SRPGs yet!  Excited that you get to play it - it'll be a while before I get to play my copy...

Yeah - all of the reviews I've been reading for it have been even higher-scoring & better received than usual  ;D

blipcs76

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2013, 03:54:34 pm »
Pretty good weekend so far:

Picked up at a retro game store yesterday:

NES:
Excitebike (box only) - now my copy is CIB :)
Conflict - CIB
Palamedes

Gamecube
Luigi's Mansion - gave up finding it in the wild, so picked it up.

Today I hit some garage sales and found:

Sega Dreamcast console - missing controllers, but was only $5.
N64 lot - System with 2 controllers, cart storage drawer and games: Mario Kart 64, Wave Race 64, Mission Impossible, Goldeneye, Star Wars Episode 1 Racer.  Good haul for $20.
Loose discs for Wii Sports Resort and Splinter Cell (XB), and Test Drive Off Road (PS1). $0.25 each.

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2013, 04:46:01 pm »
Nice finds guys! I just moved about two hours away where I used to live and have only really had time to check out a few thrift stores, I got some genesis games, nothing too special, but today I actually found an Import Ridge Racer type-4 with the Jogcon all in box and Secret of Mana as well. My dad also gave me his nice 40 inch LED Tv, so I picked up some HDMI cables for the ps3 and 360, awesome stuff

jobocan

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2013, 05:54:14 pm »
Got Wind Waker HD (the physical copy), yay!

I actually never finished the Gamecube version (never had it), so I'm hyped to finally play more than 2 dungeons :D

I've never finished Wind Waker, but it's not because I didn't own it - it's because I was trying to complete the pictures sidequest, where you have to photograph every monster and character in the game :D I can't wait to see how the HD one looks and what they added. The "self pictures" thing that you can post to Miiverse seems really fun too.

I see in your signature that you've recently gotten the Wonderful 101 too, did you play it yet? Is it good? I think I should try the demo.

I'm not a completionist at all, so I won't bother with the picture quest. I will say the game looks great, and the faster sailing is nice.

As for W101, it's awesome. It's a very hard game and it has a really large learning curve (which is why a lot of reviews aren't positive, most reviewers aren't willing to take their time to learn how a game is played and they fault the game for their own mistakes). It doesn't hold your hand at all, so you have to figure out how to play it on your own (even with the hint text there). The gameplay is really fun and rewarding.
(note: use the right analog stick to draw shapes, it works a lot better than the touch screen)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 08:31:43 pm »
Got my copy Of wind Waker HD with the Gannon statue. the Base is a bitch to get on but looks great
(decided to throw in my Gatcha figures just cause)

Also Gaming related Shirts

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:01:23 pm by redblaze57 »

desocietas

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2013, 10:10:49 pm »
Also Gaming related Shirts

haha that ratatat shirt is so good!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 12:37:34 pm »
I found 7 Sins (PC, European version) today at the flea market. I didn't expect to see a copy of this anywhere around here. ???

It cost me $2.

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 09:36:21 pm »
I picked up my Wind Waker LE yesterday, first thing when Gamestop opened. Didn't want to risk them selling my copy. They only got 4 total copies of the game in, 3 LE and 1 regular. I also picked up the CE guide with the cloth sea chart and the regular guide, as I wanted the poster.

Then today I went back to Gamestop first thing to pick up my Disney Infinity Jack Skellington preorder. They had a promotion for the first 50 customers get an exclusive poster with any Disney Infinity purchase, and I am a sucker for posters. Of course, no one was there for Jack but me, and apparently I was one of 2 whole people that even preordered him, ha.

I honestly say that now I am officially done with Gamestop.

EDIT: I forgot to add, last week, (maybe the week before so might have been in September), I finally found the 4 disc Final Fantasy VIII Music Collection at a used book store for about 12 bucks. I couldn't freaking believe it, I have wanted this soundtrack for a long, LONG time, and I finally found it. Final Fantasy VIII is my favorite FF, in case anyone wondered.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 10:02:14 pm by denniedarko »

brunauss

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2013, 04:11:00 am »
Came back from Flee Market with these in perfect shape:

[ BradyGames Guides ]

Official ] Dark Sector $2
Official ] The Darkness $2
Official ] Folklore $2
Signature Series ] Grand Theft Auto IV $2
Official ] Viking: Battle for Asgard $2

Then found this buried on a booth shelf:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Sunday Driver $1.66

Viking: Battle For Asgard is such an underrated game. It doesn't do anything new really, but what it does, it does well. I had a lot of fun playing through it. Don't know why it's such a "bargain" game.

Agreed. Still love it to bloody pieces. Oh... got these today, thanx to Big Lots hosting a 20% Off Everything Weekend Sale:

Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Yakuza Dead Souls

$8 each.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2013, 02:47:23 pm »
I had a 20% off of any used game coupon for GS that I've been meaning to use -and- I was picking up a $50 PSN card as a gift for a friend...SO...(in spite of already owning both of their 'vanilla' versions) - I picked up (both CiB):

Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition (which, in addition to supposedly having bugs fixed/upgrading done from the original release) also includes the Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, Gun Runner's Arsenal, & Courier's Stash DLC's) -and-

The Fallout 3: GotY Edition (which comes with the Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout, & Mothership Zeta DLC's).

Since I'm already SOoooo very far behind the curve on getting around to playing these 2 games (which...*MANY* friends have been telling me how good they are + how much they think that I'd like them)...I guess that when I do *finally* get around to playing them - these will be the most 'convenient' versions of them to play  8)

Anybody here played 'em/have any thoughts (good and/or bad) about the games?

foxhack

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2013, 02:55:19 pm »
... guys you know you're replying to a MAY finds thread, right? :P