Author Topic: Unreal Tournament and Quake Series  (Read 3192 times)

scott

Re: Unreal Tournament and Quake Series
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 08:18:16 am »
I think cause it got off topic about phones. haha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

90snostalga

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 01:03:11 pm »
I think cause it got off topic about phones. haha

I'm not even sure what Ouya and Onlive means lol.  I'm under a rock when it comes to most technology

brunauss

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 12:01:53 am »
Done gaming on everything but Ouya and Onlive.

Ok, but why announce this on the Unreal and Quake thread?  ???

Oops, that was meant to be an actual reply. But it is getting off topic. Just send me a PM 90snostalgia if want to chat some more about Ouya and Onlive.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2022, 08:34:12 pm »
I got a quake collection off steam for PC As well as "Unreal Tournament" for PS2 and "Unreal Tournament 2" and "Unreal Championship" for OG Xbox I love the Unreal series it's fantastic!! even though I got nobody to play with it's still fantastic in my opinion the Unreal Championchip game is a game I would recommend for any OG Xbox collector that can still obtain a copy of it :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tripredacus

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2022, 12:13:33 pm »
Here is my history for each that I can remember.

Quake was the reason I had to upgrade PCs twice. The first game which I played with the KQP (which seems difficult to find) which was originally downloaded from some BBS in the 90s. I played GL Quake using a Voodoo Rush 6 MB card. I did not play any of the expansions yet.

Quake II I first played at college but just multiplayer including the co-op. GL Quake II at home when I bought it, but did not play MP at home. Did not play the expansions yet.

Quake II on N64 I had tried but it was not a good experience because of the controller.

Quake III on PC was something I played in many places. Sometimes at work, or at LAN parties. I even had played it on a projector. Single player I finished the 4th difficulty on all maps and the 5th diff on all but 5 or 6. I had run my own dedicated server on a Win98 PC, then later had run one on someone else's host (also had Red Faction server running as well). Used to run a full uncompressed version at one point and modded the game as well as tried to make my own maps. After my clan fell apart I ended up playing on instagib servers and was asked to join the Morbid Angel clan but didn't end up doing it. Played Superheroes for a time, then Urban Terror, and then ended up on Vogon speed servers. Played there for some years, was an Admin for awhile. Finished 2nd place in a tournament. Still check in on things once or twice a year.

Quake III Team Arena was something that was checked out but didn't have much staying power.

Quake Live: played the original version that ran in Internet Explorer browser. Was too slow. Did not play the non-IE version.

Quake Champions: I had gotten access during beta but the servers were bad or no players. Once the game launched, I had some glitch where I couldn't leave the tutorial area, so I never got a good chance to play it.

Unreal Tournament: I had only played this version that I am aware of and it was during the time of Q3 on LAN parties. I liked the pistol the most. I remember when I worked at Iomega I beat the first level on a Windows 2000 PC, 16 MB RAM, no video card, idk CPU (it was below requirements) which ran at 10 FPS.

I did not play Enemy Territory for Quake but did for Wolfenstein.