Author Topic: PSP??  (Read 3667 times)

teck

PRO Supporter

Re: PSP??
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2013, 05:27:17 pm »
Speaking of SRPGs, I'm still pissed that Sega didn't release Valkyria Chronicles III here. There's a translation in progress, but as always, it's up in the air whether it'll actually be completed until it's actually completed. Argh, Segaaaaaa!

Shit...I'm still pissed that VC2 didn't get a proper console-release  >:(

I'm just going to go ahead and be pissed about both....  It is such a beautiful series that it deserves home console release, and the fact that Sega is neglecting the west with it also saddens me....  I flipped my shit when I first played it....  My mind was reeling with next gen possibilities when it first came out....  I've become fairly jaded lately but back then I was SO excited for the future of gaming....  /sigh

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 11:00:41 pm »

UGH, tell me about it. I strongly believe that had they kept the whole series on PS3, they'd have not only been more ambitious with VC2, but the series as a whole would've grown its audience rather than shrinking it. The first game was a slow burn, with critics and JRPG/SRPG die-hards picking up on it first, and it took upwards of a year and a few price cuts to really gain any kind of momentum. They had an adoring audience just waiting for it, and they flushed all that potential growth right down the toilet, likely killing the series for good once the third game was confirmed as JP-only.

As far as SRPGs go, Valkyria Chronicles and Front Mission will probably always stick in my mind as some of the most underappreciated.

Meanwhile, the Call of Duty gravy train rolls on... meh.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2013, 10:15:51 am »

UGH, tell me about it. I strongly believe that had they kept the whole series on PS3, they'd have not only been more ambitious with VC2, but the series as a whole would've grown its audience rather than shrinking it. The first game was a slow burn, with critics and JRPG/SRPG die-hards picking up on it first, and it took upwards of a year and a few price cuts to really gain any kind of momentum. They had an adoring audience just waiting for it, and they flushed all that potential growth right down the toilet, likely killing the series for good once the third game was confirmed as JP-only.

As far as SRPGs go, Valkyria Chronicles and Front Mission will probably always stick in my mind as some of the most underappreciated.

Meanwhile, the Call of Duty gravy train rolls on... meh.

Quoted for being well said -and- being so very, very full of truth (and...*Exactly* my own thoughts:)  :'(
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:18:10 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"