Author Topic: Secret Santa VGCollect 2013 (sign ups closed)  (Read 31252 times)

soera

Re: Secret Santa VGCollect 2013 (sign ups closed)
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2013, 11:14:15 am »
Update! Still waiting on one person to send me their info. If I dont have it by this time tomorrow, I will move on to someone else. Hate to do it but this has been open for 10 days now. Dont want someone to end up on the downside by getting something for someone and getting nothing in return.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2013, 02:18:15 am »
Got my Secret Santa box all packaged up.  ;D

I tried to cram as many extra little goodies as I could into a Medium Priority Box.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2013, 10:04:06 am »
GIFT(s?) sent ==>
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2013, 07:38:22 pm »
so one of the items I was going to give came in today, the description said it was complete When I opened it Disk, Case... NO MANUAL..........this is going to be fun

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2013, 06:40:08 pm »
so one of the items I was going to give came in today, the description said it was complete When I opened it Disk, Case... NO MANUAL..........this is going to be fun

No big deal, I'd think. A few of us have already voiced that pristine condition is not something we expect out of this.

scott

« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2013, 06:54:20 pm »
I can't do any of my ordering until Friday. :(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2013, 07:14:31 pm »

No big deal, I'd think. A few of us have already voiced that pristine condition is not something we expect out of this.
Yes, but he didn't get what he asked for, so I think he's entitled to demand a refund.

Or leave a neg. :)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2013, 07:26:58 pm »

Yes, but he didn't get what he asked for, so I think he's entitled to demand a refund.

Or leave a neg. :)

not to mention If it's not in a way I would want it why would I give it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2013, 07:48:07 pm »
I have mine ready to go. Now I just have to get to the post office. I hope my person likes it.

desocietas

« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2013, 08:35:17 pm »

ugh, that sucks!

i'm pretty picky about things being CIB, too, so I feel ya.  That's happened to me a few times through eBay (not as described), and the sellers I dealt with were apologetic and gave a partial refund if anything.  But if I saw it in the store and the manual was missing, I wouldn't have made the purchase at all.  so lame, and a waste of a lot of folks' time.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2013, 08:53:36 pm »
But if I saw it in the store and the manual was missing, I wouldn't have made the purchase at all.  so lame, and a waste of a lot of folks' time.

I've went to GameStop and specifically picked a copy with the manual in it, only to have the bastards switch it out with another copy that didn't have the manual. I've said something everytime too. Pisses me off.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2013, 09:16:34 pm »

That is frustrating. You can always check http://bresoftware.com/ ... they sell tons of manuals. Maybe contact the seller and have them refund the difference if you find one.

desocietas

« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2013, 11:39:19 am »
But if I saw it in the store and the manual was missing, I wouldn't have made the purchase at all.  so lame, and a waste of a lot of folks' time.

I've went to GameStop and specifically picked a copy with the manual in it, only to have the bastards switch it out with another copy that didn't have the manual. I've said something everytime too. Pisses me off.

Ha!  That's never happened to me.  Whatever I pick up on the floor, they give me that version.  The only times I've had issues is when I try to ask for stuff that's kept behind the desk.  So lame - they shouldn't be toying with you like that.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2013, 12:25:29 pm »
I've went to GameStop and specifically picked a copy with the manual in it, only to have the bastards *TRY TO* switch it out with another copy that didn't have the manual.

Yeah  >:(

I've had certain employees at certain stores *attempt* to do the same thing with me.

I can be pretty verbally scathing, sarcastic, acerbic, condescending, angered, insulting, demeaning, loud, nasty, and just plain old mean (yes, all at the same time:) + I'm over 6 feet, decently-built, and (I've been told that I) come across as looking/coming-of as being pretty intimidating/menacing several times...

...TL;DR = I've yet to have any one employee ever try this on me more than once  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2013, 01:00:41 pm »
I'm having a hard time locating a gift for my giftee person. Don't get me wrong, he didn't ask for much, I've just had really bad luck finding stuff he'd be interested in.

The hunt continues.