Author Topic: Where Are You At?  (Read 4429 times)

Re: Where Are You At?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2013, 09:27:41 pm »
How many Canadians are on these forums?

Too many!  ;)

Admit it, you could never get enough of us  ;D

Yeah, without us VGCollect wouldn't be the same.

jobocan

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2013, 09:42:25 pm »

Too many!  ;)

It would be a lot less insanely sexy, that's for sure.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2013, 09:46:26 pm »

Too many!  ;)

You people (yeah, I said "you people") can't be trusted. You're too close, too quiet, and too friendly. At least Mexico causes a ruckus every now and then. I think Canada is up to something.   ;)

desocietas

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2013, 01:02:33 am »
I'm in sunny, sunny California - born and raised.  It is currently 39 degrees F  :(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2013, 01:06:10 am »
I'm in sunny, sunny California - born and raised.  It is currently 39 degrees F  :(

Where at in California?

It's damn cold here in Redding, too. They're saying it might actually snow down to the valley floor, on Friday.

htimreimer

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2013, 01:24:01 am »

its about -30 celsius here or -22 degree fahrenheit

desocietas

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2013, 01:27:24 am »

Where at in California?

It's damn cold here in Redding, too. They're saying it might actually snow down to the valley floor, on Friday.

Over near San Francisco, so it could be a lot worse.  A city or two inland drops down into the 20s.

ts about -30 celsius here or -22 degree fahrenheit

Ha, yeah; I know I still have it good.  Itching to get out of California to try something new for a bit, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for a "real* winter.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

htimreimer

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2013, 01:33:57 am »

Ha, yeah; I know I still have it good.  Itching to get out of California to try something new for a bit, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for a "real* winter.
that's not the worst, the worst is 6 months of -40 degree fahrenheit

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2013, 02:22:33 am »

that's not the worst, the worst is 6 months of -40 degree fahrenheit

No way I could live in a place like that. I freaking hate the cold. It's a very rare occurrence that it snows where I live unless you go to the mountains.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2013, 09:38:20 am »

Too many!  ;)

Ya know...Fwiw...that could be taken in both a good & not so good way  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

blipcs76

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2013, 09:59:35 am »
I live in Lincoln, Nebraska.  I love this city -- big enough to have the benefits of a larger city but still maintains the feeling of a smaller town, and Omaha is just a 45 minutes away.  It's ranked highly on many 'quality of life' lists; low crime rate, low unemployment rate (currently 3.2%), good schools, lots of parks and bike paths, short commutes, etc.  I've lived here for 12 years now; moved after graduating college.

I grew up on a family farm in southeast Nebraska, about 100 miles from Lincoln.  My dad and brother continue to run the farm, where they primarily grow corn and soybeans.

foxhack

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2013, 11:16:33 am »
You people (yeah, I said "you people") can't be trusted. You're too close, too quiet, and too friendly. At least Mexico causes a ruckus every now and then. I think Canada is up to something.   ;)

*Shoos away the mariachi band*

Ugh, yeah. It gets really cold down here too. It was 45 F at 7 AM. My hometown is weird. We go from 110 F in the summer to 30 F in the winter (at night)...

desocietas

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2013, 11:26:00 am »

Ugh, yeah. It gets really cold down here too. It was 45 F at 7 AM. My hometown is weird. We go from 110 F in the summer to 30 F in the winter (at night)...
[/quote]

We just set a record low (for the day of the year) of 34 last night but it might dip down to 30 at this rate.  I'm pretty sure it was this cold when I was young, but I didn't have to bike to work at 7:30a back then!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2013, 12:32:12 pm »

We just set a record low (for the day of the year) of 34 last night but it might dip down to 30 at this rate.  I'm pretty sure it was this cold when I was young, but I didn't have to bike to work at 7:30a back then!
[/quote]

Indiana goes from about 100  to -15 in about 2 months

desocietas

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2013, 12:35:56 pm »
Indiana goes from about 100  to -15 in about 2 months

Blurgh, how do your houses and cars not fall apart?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas