Author Topic: December 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 20424 times)

bobster

Re: December 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2013, 04:24:06 pm »
Having never played either game, and knowing there was a difference, I turned to wikipedia lol. Dark souls came out on the PC while Demon's Souls did not.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

desocietas

« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2013, 04:28:47 pm »
Yeah, I was gonna say, I think Demon's Souls was a PS3 exclusive.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2013, 05:04:06 pm »
I didn't know that. I just assumed they were all released at the same time, like most releases.

Apparently the PS1 version was released two months after the PC version. I always thought that they were released a year apart.

Oh and my bad regarding Dark / Demon Souls. I thought they were the same game...

spac316

« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2013, 08:02:11 pm »
Today I bought, Mega Man 4 & 6 for NES, Tatsunoku vs. Capcom and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for PS1.

EDIT: Downloaded Shining Force: Sword of Hajya for 3DS VC.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 10:45:33 pm by spac316 »

karyann

« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2013, 09:12:28 pm »
I'm kinda' known as the "Go to" guy in my area (as in...most people know to "go to" me B4 going to GS because: (1) I do buy sealed games as new (I've seen GS tell someone who wanted to trade-in a sealed game for store credit that he'd "need to bring it back (*un-sealed*) to trade-in as USED"...even though it was obviously a brand new game, and (2) because I can *Easily* offer a better price than GS -and- still make a nice profit off of my re-sales  ;D

Hah, lucky guy  ;) GS is not really difficult to beat, but where I live, nobody seems to know better. I moved quite a few times in the past years, and everywhere it's either full of collectors/resellers, or full of people who don't think anyone wants their games besides GS  :o Which sadly, makes it hard to get games sometimes!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2013, 10:07:16 am »
I'm kinda' known as the "Go to" guy in my area (as in...most people know to "go to" me B4 going to GS because: (1) I do buy sealed games as new (I've seen GS tell someone who wanted to trade-in a sealed game for store credit that he'd "need to bring it back (*un-sealed*) to trade-in as USED"...even though it was obviously a brand new game, and (2) because I can *Easily* offer a better price than GS -and- still make a nice profit off of my re-sales  ;D

Hah, lucky guy  ;) GS is not really difficult to beat, but where I live, nobody seems to know better. I moved quite a few times in the past years, and everywhere it's either full of collectors/resellers, or full of people who don't think anyone wants their games besides GS  :o Which sadly, makes it hard to get games sometimes!

Heh, yeah  ;D

I was pretty lucky, in that, for years a good friend of mine worked at my closest GS -and- he would actually give me a call and/or direct people to me rather than ripping them off  ;)

He's no longer working there (can't really say that I'm surprised, either)  :o  but, I already have a pretty large and solid 'base' thanks, in great part, to him.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2013, 06:00:44 pm »
Just bought Tomb Raider 1+2+3 from GoG. Couldn't pass up such a good deal :) Looking forward to playing them as I never had them on the Playstation

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2013, 07:27:39 pm »
Just bought Tomb Raider 1+2+3 from GoG. Couldn't pass up such a good deal :) Looking forward to playing them as I never had them on the Playstation

I hope it's controller compatible. Because I couldn't imagine playing a Tomb Raider game with a keyboard and mouse.

foxhack

« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2013, 09:07:14 pm »
Recent purchases:

From Amazon Warehouse Deals:
AC/DC Fan Pack (PS2 version) - includes the AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack game for PS2, a concert DVD, and a shirt;
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe (PC) - I thought I'd be getting a USA version... but nope, I got an European one. And it had no manual. I'm not sure if the game even included one... it doesn't need a key to install so who knows.
$10 shipped for both. I took a gamble and got something okayish. :)

From the flea market:
Aero Fighters Assault, Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64 carts - $5 each.
Punch-Out (no Mike Tyson) - $4
These were bought for trading purposes. Hint hint. :P

From Steam:
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger ($4.50 at Ubisoft's store)

jcalder8

« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2013, 12:21:24 am »
I got 4 new games today! EB Games had a deal on where you trade in one game worth $15 or more and you got one of a select group of 3DS games so I was able to pick up:
Pokemon X
Pokemon Y
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Mario & Luigi..... whatever the newest one is called. I had wanted to get Luigi's Manson but they were all sold out :(
Still I was able to trade in 4 extra copies of games that I had gotten for next to free so it was a great day :D

Also I bought the Christmas Skylander Jolly Bumble Blast for $10

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2013, 06:56:29 pm »
Curiosity got me. I downloaded NES Remix today. I can say I have spent $15 on far worse. It's fun little challenges. We've all but mastered these games. I like it when they shake things up. Try the first level of Donkey Kong without jumping. That's tough.

« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2013, 08:38:42 pm »
doom 3 bfg edition (ps3)

final fantasy fables - chocobos dungeon (wii)

the guy at the store forgot to put the discs in the box so going back tomorrow to get them (dumbass)

dk jungle climber (ds cart only)

mario & luigi bowsers inside story (ds cart only)

all for $25.

foxhack

« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2013, 08:42:39 pm »
The big winter sales have begun...

My only purchase as of now is Condemned: Criminal Origins (Steam) for $3. I'm waiting for some DLC packs to go on deep discount...

« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2013, 09:04:55 pm »
doom 3 bfg edition (ps3)

the guy at the store forgot to put the discs in the box so going back tomorrow to get them (dumbass)

all for $25.

That happened to me before too! Luckily I checked before we started driving home, so we were right there.

« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2013, 07:17:50 am »
doom 3 bfg edition (ps3)

all for $25.

That happened to me before too! Luckily I checked before we started driving home, so we were right there.

its on the way to the gym so i pass it every day anyway.