Author Topic: CACHED: Adding Steam Games  (Read 4103 times)

matt

CACHED: Adding Steam Games
« on: November 21, 2011, 11:47:47 am »
@kirbysuperstar 3:57AM
So, I've got (at last count) 30 games that aren't listed under Steam and want to add them. How do I go about getting the nice big banner images similar to the currently used ones?

foxhack

Re: CACHED: Adding Steam Games
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 02:22:15 pm »
As I said before... please post a list of the games you want me to add and I'll work on them. I'll get to work on resubmitting everything missing from my own collection and the games I still have artwork for. However, there are some situations that need to be cleared up before I go any further.

1: Games that are no longer sold via Steam but are still playable by people who purchased them.
-- I plan on adding these, but also intend to add something like "This game is no longer available for sale on Steam." to their description. There are games like Stubbs the Zombie which was removed sometime after the summer sale because the game refused to work on most systems. Others were removed for "unspecified" reasons (Dragon Age II, Crysis 2, etc.) and others were removed due to licenses expiring (The Godfather pts. 1 and 2.)

2: Games that are only available as part of a bundle.
-- There are several games that can only be added to your account if you buy certain packages. Grand Theft Auto 1 and 2 (only available via the GTA packs), Wild Metal Country (used to be available, but has been removed, was included with the Rockstar packs in the past) Serious Sam First and Second Encounter (only added if you bought Serious Sam Gold), Counter-Strike Condition Zero Deleted Scenes (part of CS Anthology), Arma Gold, Master Levels for Doom II (this used to be sold with Doom II, but you can only get it with the full Doom package), and so on. The question is, should these games get their own listing? Many have their own product listing on the Steam store -and- the user's Steam profile. But a few don't, like Time Gentlemen Please / Ben There, Dan That Double Pack and Cthulhu Saves The World / Breath of Death VII. The previous two would get one listing per pack.

2a: Bundle packs
-- There are some limited time-only packs that include a bundle of games. Those will not be added. However, bundles that include games not available any other way... well, it kinda messes with point 2. This needs further discussion.

3: DLC
-- DLC expansion packs like the Borderlands stuff is okay to add, I presume. Stuff that only adds armor or weapons shouldn't really be listed, in my opinion. Thoughts?

4: What about Scoregasm?
-- The full game will be available for sale to the general public next year, but those of us who bought The Difficult 2nd Bundle from Indie Royale got a full, prerelease version on Steam. The game has no product page, no artwork, and no other information at the moment. Should I add it?

I'll ask more questions as they pop up. In the meantime, post the games you want me to add, or send them via PM.

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 02:48:55 pm »
1: Games that are no longer sold via Steam but are still playable by people who purchased them.
-- I plan on adding these, but also intend to add something like "This game is no longer available for sale on Steam." to their description. There are games like Stubbs the Zombie which was removed sometime after the summer sale because the game refused to work on most systems. Others were removed for "unspecified" reasons (Dragon Age II, Crysis 2, etc.) and others were removed due to licenses expiring (The Godfather pts. 1 and 2.)

This sounds good to me.  Is there a similar case for XBLA and PSN download-only titles?
http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=922684
Should we also be marking those as they change?  If anything, I guess having a note like "no longer available for sale/download" might cause some records to eventually need updating as time goes on...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 03:04:21 pm »
Yeah, I remember reading about some driving game that isn't available anymore. The Doom games are also gone from XBLA.

Edit: Holy hell, THEY PULLED X-MEN FROM XBOX LIVE?! WHAT THE HELL, MAN

scott

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 03:06:47 pm »
@desocietas I know I have some games in my XLBA library that are no longer available. Like TMNT 1989 Arcade, Turtles in Time: ReShelled and Double Dragon, Dash of Destruction and Yaris. I just put "No longer available" in the description of them.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 03:28:10 pm »
@desocietas I know I have some games in my XLBA library that are no longer available. Like TMNT 1989 Arcade, Turtles in Time: ReShelled and Double Dragon, Dash of Destruction and Yaris. I just put "No longer available" in the description of them.

Sounds good to me!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 03:28:17 am »
Outrun Online Arcade got yanked from PSN and XBLA, too, didn't it? Though I think it was only on the EU PSN in the first place, on the PS3 side of things.

Here's that list again, @foxhack:

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
Darkstar One
Dungeons of Dreadmor
eversion
Flatout
Flatout 2
Flatout Ultimate Carnage
Grotesque Tactics
Master Levels for Doom II
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
STALKER Call of Priypat
Saints Row 2
Civilization 3 Complete
Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization
Sid Meier's Civilization IV Warlords
Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword
Sid Meier's Civilization IV
Sim City 4 Deluxe
Star Wars Republic Commando
Starscape
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Splinter Cell Conviction
Worms Reloaded
X2 The Threat
X3 Reunion
Zen Bound 2
Fate of the World
Scoregasm
NightSky

scott

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 09:26:14 am »
@kirbysuperstar Supposedly OutRun Online Arcade is going to be pulled from XBLA in Dec '11 due to licensing. http://www.trueachievements.com/n2002/outrun-to-retire-from-xbla.htm

It's still up as of right now, I just went back to Xbox.com and snagged the info on it again last night. But once it's down I'll update the listing.

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 02:51:44 pm »
@kirbysuperstar Okay. I'm down to 36 missing Steam entries, but out of your list, Fate of the World and NightSky are already in the site. Someone on Facebook mentioned some more games, but I haven't received any messages about that.

I have work to do today but I should be done by tonight, barring any problems.

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 03:09:46 pm »
@foxhack, that was me on FB... been too lazy/busy to give you my list :P Maybe this weekend!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 03:25:55 pm »
Ah the joys of Facebook and not being able to associate people w/ their usernames. ha

foxhack

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 03:37:18 pm »
@foxhack, that was me on FB... been too lazy/busy to give you my list :P Maybe this weekend!
You could just link me to your SteamCommunity page, I can see your games there unless you've set it to private.

Edit: Never mind, I found you by Googling your VGCollect username.

desocietas

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 03:50:18 pm »
You could just link me to your SteamCommunity page, I can see your games there unless you've set it to private.

Edit: Never mind, I found you by Googling your VGCollect username.

*laughs* Yeah, it's helpful that I'm also lazy about coming up with usernames.  Thanks!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 03:56:41 pm »
Ah the joys of Facebook and not being able to associate people w/ their usernames. ha

Right?  Considering that it's still a newish site, I should've probably made my username here just @Nancy or something easy like that.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 04:01:54 pm »
@desocietas that would have been a lot easier to spell. But then again, we go back to the previous point about username laziness. :P