Author Topic: Throwing away infected classic consoles  (Read 13303 times)

90snostalga

Re: Throwing away infected classic consoles
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2013, 06:37:55 pm »
[grossed out face]

So glad I live where I do.  The worst we get is ants and a variety of small/medium spiders.  We get wasps, yellow jackets, and bees when it's warm out and grassy.  We have other bugs but we hardly ever see them.  Cockroaches only when it's super super dirty somewhere (like a restaurant), and the library will get a brown cricket (those things are way bigger than I ever think they are) from time to time roaming around inside.

I'm going to LA this winter but I always hate that the cockroaches come out at night and like to hang out on the sidewalks.  They scurry away when you try to walk through them, but it totally freaks me out when all I'm wearing are summer clothes (shorts, tanktop, flipflops).

The freaks come out at night.

desocietas

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2013, 07:25:19 pm »
I'm going to LA this winter but I always hate that the cockroaches come out at night and like to hang out on the sidewalks.  They scurry away when you try to walk through them, but it totally freaks me out when all I'm wearing are summer clothes (shorts, tanktop, flipflops).

Hey, I might look weird in shorts, but I take offense at the word "freak."   :'(

jk ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

90snostalga

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2013, 07:43:29 pm »

Hey, I might look weird in shorts, but I take offense at the word "freak."   :'(

jk ;)

;D ;D lmbo.  I was referring to the roaches as the freaks but hey.  If the shorts and flip flops fit then...

Sent from a basic Motorola flip phone

ffxik

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2013, 06:13:42 am »
Since you asked..  I realize this isn't classic, but I don't have any pictures of the literal mud ridden, insect graveyards I have dealt with. 

I do have pictures of an N64 that is full of dead pill-bugs, roaches, ants, spiders and an acres worth of dirt and grime but I can't remember where they are at the moment.  So the PS3 slim here will have to do.   :-\

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 06:20:24 am by ffxik »

brunauss

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2013, 03:52:25 pm »
Isn't it something what excessive humidity and lots of house pets will do to electronics, if one does not do the necessary maintenance.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

tpugmire

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2013, 05:32:00 pm »
This is why every single used item that comes into my collection gets completely disassembled and cleaned before it gets any use besides a basic test to see if it functions. Luckily, we don't get too many bugs here, mainly small-medium spiders. It's too cold during the winter for most bugs to survive.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2013, 06:12:34 pm »
And people thought I was crazy for never renting cartridge games cause of worries of dirt.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

90snostalga

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2013, 07:46:50 pm »
Since you asked..  I realize this isn't classic, but I don't have any pictures of the literal mud ridden, insect graveyards I have dealt with. 

I do have pictures of an N64 that is full of dead pill-bugs, roaches, ants, spiders and an acres worth of dirt and grime but I can't remember where they are at the moment.  So the PS3 slim here will have to do.   :-\

Wow.  No comment  :-X

ffxik

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2013, 09:36:15 pm »

Wow.  No comment  :-X

If I may I would Like to correct this.  That is not a slim.  I mistakenly called it that in my original post.  That is an original fat model.  I am the owner of this console, now.  What you are seeing is about one year worth of build up at a friend of mines house.  He never cleans and is a heavy smoker.  When I finished wit this console I turned a pair of blue jeans black with all the dirt and tar residue.  It looked good though.

sin2beta

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2013, 11:09:20 pm »
That's crazy! Great work ffxik!
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

htimreimer

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2013, 03:59:35 am »

this is the scary part of video game collecting, what hides underneath the hood

soera

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2013, 09:22:26 am »
That's crazy! Great work ffxik!

x2. No way would I have assumed that was the same system. Wanna come over and clean my systems? :D

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2013, 11:08:17 am »
I'm glad that I live more north, though seeing those bugs in Michigan makes me worry, because that's where I get a lot of my gaming stuff.

tripredacus

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2013, 03:29:59 pm »
I hate june bugs! blech

This is the first I ever heard of june bugs.  Is those beatles?

They are the ones in Scott's photos. I've only seen one at a time, not a ton like that. I think the reason I don't like them is because I first saw one when I was 8... and it was crawling on my foot when I was sleeping. It woke me up and I freaked out lol.

sin2beta

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2013, 11:25:24 pm »
I don't like June bugs because they seem to be the clumsiest bugs. Most bugs try to hide. June bugs just fly and crash into you. That's at least been my experience.

They also leave their molted shells all over the place...
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c