Author Topic: Skylanders... or what the hell have I gotten myself into.  (Read 3828 times)

soera

Re: Skylanders... or what the hell have I gotten myself into.
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 11:07:58 pm »
Here's another question about skylanders. Whats the deal with all the legionaries and other variants. Do they effect gameplay, or is it just a cosmetic thing?

Legendaries are Toys R Us only exclusives and they are absolutely different characters. Most variants are not different on game. Im going to post up a list following this thread.

soera

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 11:23:12 pm »
Skylander Spyro's adventure - Variants that plays different are Dark Spyro and the 4 legendaries : Bash, Chop chop, Spyro, and Trigger happy.

Skylander Giants - Variants that play different are Punch pop fizz, Jade flashwing, Molten hot dog, Polar whirlwind, Royal double trouble, Granite crusher, Gnarly tree rex, and Scarlet Ninjini as well as the 6 legendaries : Chill, Ignitor, Jet vac, Slam bam, Stealth elf, and Bouncer. Also any of the series 2 characters look the same on game but have an additional optional move.

Skylander Swap Force - Variants that play different are Nitro magna charge, Nitro freeze blade, Enchanted hoot loop, Enchanted star strike, Dark ninja stealth elf, Dark blast zone, Dark slobber tooth, Dark ram Spyro, Dark wash buckler, Volcanic eruptor, Jolly bumble blast, Springtime trigger happy, Kickoff countdown, Jade fire kraken, Quickdraw Rattle shake and the legendaries : Free ranger, Grim creeper, Night shift and Zoo lou.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 09:23:09 am »
Now, do you see what you've gotten yourself into?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 04:56:41 pm »
Dammit, Dammit, Dammit.  I've let myself get caught up in the mania of Skylanders.  Swap Force is actually a pretty fun game.  It's harder than the other two, but it's more fun.  I think I'm enjoying it more than my son.  I'm looking for new characters and calling GameStop seeing what's in stock.  How did I let this happen?

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 07:15:05 pm »
Dammit, Dammit, Dammit.  I've let myself get caught up in the mania of Skylanders.  Swap Force is actually a pretty fun game.  It's harder than the other two, but it's more fun.  I think I'm enjoying it more than my son.  I'm looking for new characters and calling GameStop seeing what's in stock.  How did I let this happen?

Lol, I still haven't bought any new figures. Actually I haven't even opened the starter packs yet. I think I'll wait till the fad has passed and everyone is trying to unload them before I buy any.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 08:25:04 pm »
Hey Soera, does the Jolly Bumbleblast show up different in the game?

soera

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 10:21:47 pm »
Yeah he is a totally different character in game unlike the Halloween Eyebrawl.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 11:19:35 pm »
Yeah he is a totally different character in game unlike the Halloween Eyebrawl.

Yeah, we got bit by the Pumpkin Eyebrawl. What a disappointment.
I like the World Cup looking Countdown. He's a bomb colored like a soccer ball. That's kind of awesome.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:05:59 pm by turf »

soera

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 09:01:41 am »
My guess is that character isnt going to be a stateside character but more of a EU option so if you have friends on that side of the world, you may have to hit them up.

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 01:15:53 pm »
I've been told by a few people, the most recent being a game shop owner this morning, that Skylanders is VERY addictive and that people that are getting hooked on these toys/games are spending a ton of money trying to buy all these things.

jcalder8

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 11:13:06 pm »
I've been told by a few people, the most recent being a game shop owner this morning, that Skylanders is VERY addictive and that people that are getting hooked on these toys/games are spending a ton of money trying to buy all these things.
It sounds like the owner is about 2 years behind. When the first Skylanders game came out it was almost impossible to find figures for months and they never went on sale. Last year with Giants they were fairly easy to find and there were a few sales. This year Swapforce was on sale about a month after release and the figures are regularly going on sale and you can find pretty much whatever you want with very little trouble.

I have just recently picked up Swapforce and I have yet to open it. I did enjoy the first two games but I am going to wait to open it until I pick up more figures for the magical $5 price point :D

karyann

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2014, 09:12:35 am »
I've been wondering whether I'm setting the bar too high when buying the figurines. I really want the damn card and sticker that they come with, but I've never seen any used one that had them, so I always buy them brand new. And here in Quebec, the best deal I've seen is $8 for normal skylanders, or $12 for a giant, so it's not cheap to collect them in here  :-\ At least not when buying them new. I've seen a few used for $5, but like I said, they don't have the card and sticker and I want them.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2014, 10:08:09 am »
It's really not that hard to end up with all the skylanders.  It's not too expensive if you do it a little at a time.  If you just buy one every other week, you always have a new character and you don't really notice you have $500 tied up in a kids game.

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2014, 03:10:17 pm »
I'm just going by what I've been told, since he sells them I happened to ask. I have absolutely no interest in them. It does remind me of the whole pokemon "gotta get them all" thing

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 09:23:42 pm »
I'm going to dig up this old thread because I want to talk about Skylanders. I know it's a kids game, but I'll be damned if I didn't get into it. I haven't bought any for me yet, but it's not hard for the boy to talk me into a new one.

Which one is your favorite? 

Right now my favorite is either Stink Bomb or Night Shift.