Author Topic: Hyrule Warriors Announced for Wii U  (Read 2324 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Hyrule Warriors Announced for Wii U
« on: December 18, 2013, 07:20:06 pm »

Man, Nintendo is killing it! I SO have to get a Wii U.

scott

Re: Hyrule Warriors Announced for Wii U
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 07:46:28 pm »
Ya that is awesome! Definitely going to be on my Wii U wishlist.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 07:52:59 pm »
You know, Im not really excited for this at all... Will I buy it? Of Course, anything with Zelda slapped on it I have to have, but Im not sure about this one. Maybe it's just because I don't like Dynasty Warriors at all, or maybe it's me. I would be interested to see some more stuff on it though

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 08:24:13 pm »
I'm not huge on Dynasty Warriors. I played it way back on the Xbox, and it was fun enough. I just didn't keep up with it. Now, this game looks awesome. A Zelda game that is 100% action?  Who do I give my money to?

htimreimer

Re: Hyrule Warriors Announced for Wii U gameplay style
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 09:19:32 pm »
i'm taking this trailer with a grain of salt, this is vary much a announcement trailer and is probably in its alpha or beta stage which means the graphics,sound,level design,enemy types, weapons and every other thing that makes a game, can be and probably will be change in the final product, the only thing this trailer confirms is the style of game it is

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 02:37:36 pm »
Wow...  If I have to picture Link in a spin-off, I would much prefer Super Smash Bros. or SoulCalibur than this.  I guess I was just too spoiled by the epics Wind Waker and Twilight Princess where he had a master to teach him or sought out scrolls to learn from masters of the craft respectively.  From what I saw, his Spin Attack is his best sword maneuver.  Granted he is a weapons expert since he was also using the Fire Rod and possibly other weapons, only saw Master Sword and Fire Rod then Bombs as secondary, but gameplay is still off-putting as it is a Dynasty Warriors game in The Legend Of Zelda universe.  As good as it looks, I'll pass on this.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

sin2beta

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 10:52:51 am »
I actually thought it looked pretty good. It almost seemed like a score-attack style of gameplay to me. Like a Zelda skinned Lollipop Chanisaw. I'm sure it's not, but I still liked it.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 11:11:57 am »
a completely copy of dynasty warriors.... I dont think this game will be same like those games because I dont see too often from Nintendo make a copy of other games for they first party games. So, maybe them change the tittle, the style and everything in order to fell more for a zelda game. If not, like I said, is a total copy of it.

insektmute

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 12:12:01 pm »
I'll probably grab it at some point out of morbid curiousity, but I don't think excited is quite what I'm feeling...

soera

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 09:41:25 pm »
Im actually interested in this. It looks so much better than what Im used to seeing lately for Zelda titles.

darko

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 12:41:03 pm »
You know what? I'm pretty sure that Nintendo had a game that they were working on for the GameCube that had similar footage with different characters and, obviously, different graphics. They abandoned development to work on another game if I remember correctly. If I can find the footage I'll post it.

Personally, I'm not excited about anything Nintendo is doing with the WiiU. I think this is a glaring example of their inability to create new and exciting content. I don't own Skyward Sword for the same reason (and I love the LoZ franchise). All of their efforts are going into the 3DS, which has a pretty amazing library. We'll know more after the holiday sales figures are published, but I think Nintendo is going to need to rethink the WiiU if they even care about it anymore.

The only games I would purchase alongside a WiiU this point are both remakes - Windwaker and Monster Hunter - which is why I have no need to make a purchase. The same could probably be said about the PS4 at this point, but at LEAST I can trust Sony to pump out a few games that I might actually want to play in the next year or two.

EDIT: Here you go. It was called Raven Blade.

So they're looking back through abandoned projects, applying the Zelda theme instead of just putting out a new franchise, and expecting everyone to be super excited? That's just lazy....at least that's my opinion of what's going on.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 12:55:33 pm by darko »