Author Topic: January 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 23631 times)

jcalder8

Re: January 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2014, 10:29:44 am »
I have had a good few days:

The Infinity characters were $20
The 3DS games were $25 each
The 3DS XL was $100 off Kijiji and it used to be brand new :) I think this is a significant improvement over the original 3DS and I have been wanting one since I saw my sister-in-law's

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2014, 11:17:24 am »
@jcolder8

My girlfriend is obsessed with New Leaf right now. She got it for XMAS and has probably put 150+ hours into it since.

crabhammer

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2014, 12:32:04 pm »
I made yet another trip to the local Goodwill and walked out with another Sega MK-2103 power adapter, a complete Sega Menacer light gun, Altered Beast for SMS CIB, Outrun for SMS CIB, 2 Atari/SMS/Genesis controller extensions and a 3-button turbo controller.

EDIT: I forgot about the Game Genie for Genesis.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:36:09 pm by crabhammer »

soera

« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2014, 01:37:57 pm »
Btw, in case you get free, this Saturday is Skylander day at Gamestop. Here are the promotions : First 25 people get a free poster, spend $20 on Swap force stuff and get one of the Giant sidekicks for free, $20 off the starter pack (including the dark one), 50% off swap force accessories.

We actually went this morning. We got the poster (was a pretty generic poster though) and we got 2 of the newest figures (Dune Bug and normal Smolderdash) and got the Eye Small sidekick plus a couple of coloring pages for them. Was definitely more kid friendly than the first Skylander day.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2014, 03:42:09 pm »
I'm out trash digging today. So far all I've found is Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance on GC for $2. 

It's a nice day here. It makes me wish for all the spring cleaning that will happen in a few months. Bring on the yard sales!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 03:50:04 pm by turf »

jcalder8

« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2014, 04:22:54 pm »
It's a nice day here. It makes me wish for all the spring cleaning that will happen in a few months. Bring on the yard sales!
I hope to be able to hit up yard sales at least twice a month this year, I'm looking forward to it!

foxhack

« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2014, 05:51:44 pm »
Well, today was weird.

I went to go pay our property tax today and after that was done, I went to a local mall to go get some groceries (there's a supermarket store there). I dropped by to check out their DVD selection since they sometimes have really cheap movies there. Well, there was a stand with a bunch of random budget CDs in there but it also said "Video interactive"... so I got close and what did I find?

VIDEO GAMES.

Their price was $26 pesos (about $2 USD) but the store also had a 30% off promo on most DVDs. And the discount stacked on top. So I got four budget FPS games, PUBLISHED AND PRINTED IN MEXICO, for $20 pesos each. That's like six bucks and a half! They also had a few different two packs, but they were "casual" (hidden object) games so I left 'em behind since I didn't have that much money on me then. I -might- go back for them, just because of the novelty of them being printed in Mexico! (Come on, you guys know I collect weird stuff like that. Remember my obsession with 10 peso DVDs from last year? I still need to go get the last ones I still don't own... :p)

Edit:
Oh yeah, they also had Transformers DVDs! The older show? They had the same price, but they only had four or five episodes per DVD, and they're dubbed to Spanish so I said nah. Someone's selling a pack with all six volumes over here, so they were sold in a box at one point... somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 05:53:24 pm by foxhack »

« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2014, 04:18:59 pm »
Wow. .  .umm definitely not something I ever thought I'd find in the wild in million years.

This isn't just your normal, run of the mill PS2 console. This is an NTSC-J console, or in other words a Japanese PS2. I have wanted one of these so, so, so badly for such a long time, however these things fetch insane prices online. Not only was this one boxed, but it is actually brand new. I felt a little guilty opening it when I brought it home, but consoles were not meant to be stared at, they are meant to be played. But the best part is I only paid $60 for this thing. I have been scouring the internet for import PS2 games since buying this this morning. As if I needed another group of games to collect for lol. Very excited to have one of these :D!

jcalder8

« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2014, 05:46:02 pm »
Nice pickup bikingjahuty! That's a great price for pretty much any brand new system. Do you have any games in particular that you are going to get?

« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2014, 06:54:46 pm »
Nice pickup bikingjahuty! That's a great price for pretty much any brand new system. Do you have any games in particular that you are going to get?

Lol I have a ton of games in mind, only problem is finding them for a decent price! I have been looking online all day since finding the PS2 for good deals on the games I want, and sadly I haven't found much. I was so close to bidding on a copy of Ibara this afternoon, but it was at $120, a little out of my price range at the moment for a single game. The two games I want the most are Mushihimesama and Sega Ages 2500 Treasure Box. Haven't been able to find then for under $45 so far.

« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2014, 07:17:20 pm »
Picked up Need for Speed: Rivals today for the PS4. Also just bought Code of Princess off the e'shop

« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2014, 10:29:57 pm »
First off, just want to say how badly I miss this community, I used to spend so much time in here on these forums and my last year has gotten continually busier, in a very good way, but it has left my vgcollect time at an all time low. I still use it as my go to collection tracker though. So here's my latest neat addition, hope you all have a great 2014!

http://imgur.com/a/JBiXt
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:31:53 pm by brettybluevein »
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

sin2beta

« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2014, 10:35:56 pm »
First off, just want to say how badly I miss this community, I used to spend so much time in here on these forums and my last year has gotten continually busier, in a very good way, but it has left my vgcollect time at an all time low. I still use it as my go to collection tracker though. So here's my latest neat addition, hope you all have a great 2014!

NICE!!!!

We miss you here too!  :(
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

pacpix

« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2014, 12:10:52 am »

:o Wow that is nice!!  Hope to see you around the forums more soon!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

desocietas

« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2014, 01:15:53 am »

we miss you too!  nice addition!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas