Author Topic: January 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 24389 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: January 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2014, 10:02:42 pm »
The Boy's good fortune strikes again.  I took him to GameStop since I thought the Stink Bomb Skylander was coming out. He was going in there to get a new Skylander. He was pumped. Well, no new skylanders at our GameStop. He was noticeably bummed. He sucked it up long enough to ask the lady if she had any of the little Skylanders Sidekicks. She says, "Come back I'm a couple of days. My manager will be back. I think he had some left from the Skylander Day Saturday."  The other girl in there says, "I know where that box is!" She ran to the back and came back with a box of promo stuff.
I asked how much they were. The girl replies, "We were giving these away. You can have one."  My son starts digging and finds the 3 he didn't have. I'm telling him to pick one. Then the girl asks "Do yo have this one?  What about this one?"  We came home with 3 new sidekicks. Now, I can never bitch about The Evil Empire again.

TL;DR The nice ladies at my GameStop gave my son 3 Sidekicks and a poster. He was pumped. 

soera

« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2014, 10:20:15 pm »
Ha! Thats awesome. So you got all the Giant sidekicks now?

« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2014, 11:06:20 pm »
The Boy's good fortune strikes again.  I took him to GameStop since I thought the Stink Bomb Skylander was coming out. He was going in there to get a new Skylander. He was pumped. Well, no new skylanders at our GameStop. He was noticeably bummed. He sucked it up long enough to ask the lady if she had any of the little Skylanders Sidekicks. She says, "Come back I'm a couple of days. My manager will be back. I think he had some left from the Skylander Day Saturday."  The other girl in there says, "I know where that box is!" She ran to the back and came back with a box of promo stuff.
I asked how much they were. The girl replies, "We were giving these away. You can have one."  My son starts digging and finds the 3 he didn't have. I'm telling him to pick one. Then the girl asks "Do yo have this one?  What about this one?"  We came home with 3 new sidekicks. Now, I can never bitch about The Evil Empire again.

TL;DR The nice ladies at my GameStop gave my son 3 Sidekicks and a poster. He was pumped.

Made me smile :). I'm happy for your son, glad he left with what he wanted!

90% of my problem with Gamestop is the company itself, not the employees really. I have met some intolerable Gamestop employees, but also have had friends that have worked there that are super cool. Glad someone nice was working and hooked your son up :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2014, 11:13:31 pm »
Ha! Thats awesome. So you got all the Giant sidekicks now?

We have the 4 giants sidekicks. His momma let it slip that there was a Trigger Happy sidekick, so now he wants that. I don't know how I'll come across the original 4.

« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2014, 07:07:03 am »
My last findings:

Got all of these for 25$ ;)

bobster

« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2014, 09:10:09 am »

This is an awesome story. Thanks for sharing it :D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2014, 11:24:25 am »
Picked up Pool Paradise for the Gamecube for $5 while I was in a local gamestore today having the power switch on my new 512k Tandy Coco 3 repaired. Nice to have a local place run by a great young couple that I can go to for repairs on these older computers and consoles. That's worth its weight in retro gold :D

« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2014, 06:27:42 pm »
OK the game for my birthday arrived. ITS THE ZELDA WII U CONSOLE.

Cant describe how happy i am by this. Was expecting a $30 game.
My wife is the best.

bobster

« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2014, 08:13:11 pm »

My wife is the best.
That's awesome! I've been eyeing up one of those, but the price is a little higher than I'm comfortable with lol.

Congrats on your Bday present :D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2014, 08:47:09 pm »

My wife is the best.
That's awesome! I've been eyeing up one of those, but the price is a little higher than I'm comfortable with lol.

Congrats on your Bday present :D
thanks. she got it from amazon warehouse. (tiny amount of damage on the box, but that's going in the garage anyway.)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2014, 09:15:26 pm »

My wife is the best.

Heh, my wife did the same for me with the Original Wii a few years  back. I unexpectedly got the slick black Wii bundle with Wii Motion Plus and Wii Sports & Sports Resort. Our wives are awesome!

Very cool. I've been wanting an Wii U. But I really need to see a new original Zelda or original Metroid before I bite the bullet. I've gotten enough new Mario with my 3DS, for now.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:24:13 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2014, 09:23:35 pm »
This very comfortable looking controller for the N64 that I'm hoping will help me overcome the barrier that is the N64 controller for me:

Just wanted to say that it already showed up today, a couple days later. And it immediately just felt right in my hands. I'm VERY happy with this purchase. The N64 controller has always felt very awkward and clumsy feeling to me, and I've REALLY tried to get used to it, too. So this should make things much more enjoyable for me.

And luckily the thumbstick was undamaged (that's always a concern for me when buying any N64 controllers).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:12:07 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2014, 01:24:11 am »
Saved this from the dumpster at a local second hand media shop. Got it for free. Can't believe people still throw these out :(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2014, 01:41:43 am »
Saved this from the dumpster at a local second hand media shop. Got it for free. Can't believe people still throw these out :(

Was it just the box? (That's cool enough on it's own as long as there isn't cat poop or ketchup on it from being in a dumpster). Or is there an actual N64 in there?

« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2014, 10:06:26 am »
@Burningdoom

I actually got it before it was thrown away. I saw the box sitting in a tub with several other random items towards the front of the store and so I immediately asked an employee how much it was. The employee told me it wasn't for sale because it was returned as defective. After telling me they were planning on throwing it away (box and all) and tried really hard to convince him, and later his manager to let me have it. At at one point I even offered $10 for it. However because it was their store policy they refused to sell me it. Because the system inside it, and not the box itself (obviously) was defective, I was able to convince them to give me the box and inserts, while they kept the N64 to dispose of. Walked out of there with it for free and was super happy :)

So the short answer is that it wasn't in the dumpster, but on its way there. And no system, but I have two N64 consoles, my Pikachu one and my original grey one, so I'm putting the grey one in it and putting it on display in my game room.