Author Topic: 3DS Recommendations, Please  (Read 2556 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

3DS Recommendations, Please
« on: January 05, 2014, 04:57:34 am »
As most of you know, I recently got a Nintendo 3DS. So far, I've been loving it. But I need some suggestions on what to get for it.

I'm into action-RPGs, action-adventure games, 2D platformers/action-platformers, shoot-em ups, and beat-em ups.

You can leave out normal DS games, as I've had one of those for a while and have a healthy wishlist for it already.

What I already have:
-The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds
-New Super Mario Bros. 2
-Scribblenauts Unlimited
-Resident Evil: Revelations
-Super Mario 3D Land

What I already have on my wishlist:
-Batman: Arkham Origins: Blackgate
-Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Sonic Generations
-StarFox 64
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 03:06:43 pm by burningdoom »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: 3DS Recommendations, Please
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 09:35:42 am »
I'm more into & knowledgeable about turn-based RPG's than action ones...but...I'd say it's hard to go wrong with Virtue's Last Reward!

Unless, of course, you have it/played it on the Vita (which I hear is the better version).
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 09:43:37 am »
Tales of abyss (remake of the ps2 version), Kingdom Hearts (action rpg), Pokemon Y or X (of course you know how is this game xD ) Fire Emblem (tactics rpg), Kid Ikarus (for me is a shoot'em up, the only thing I dont like the game is the controls is really uncomfortable)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 09:47:53 am »
Kid Ikarus (for me is a shoot'em up, the only thing I dont like the game is the controls is really uncomfortable)

Is that the game you needed to buy a circle pad pro for in order for the controls to be tight?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 10:35:33 am »
I'd strongly suggest Shin Megami Tensei IV, if you aren't scared of dying. I save really often so I'm usually alright with the dying part, but some others find it really hard because of this.

If you like pokémon and beat'em ups, you might like Pokémon Rumble Blast. For me, it was easy and mindless in the beginning, but soon enough I had to be careful not to just button-mash or I'd get knocked out easily. It's still not a hard game, but I love running around and smashing everything  ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 12:05:55 pm »
Dang, it was late last night when I posted this. I thought I put it in the Modern section.

Thanks guys, BTW.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 12:39:41 pm »
Kid Ikarus (for me is a shoot'em up, the only thing I dont like the game is the controls is really uncomfortable)

Is that the game you needed to buy a circle pad pro for in order for the controls to be tight?
Actually you need the Circle pad pro if you want to play lefty

Other than What has Been Suggested so far I would recommend getting the games Code of Princess it's sort of a 2D Hack N Slash RPG, and The legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

darko

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 12:59:26 pm »
Two upcoming games that I'm going to pick up are Bravely Default (RPG) and Yoshi's New Island.

Bravely Default:

Yoshi's New Island:

I would also suggest checking out Shinobi, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, SMT IV, and SMT Soul Hackers.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:06:11 pm by darko »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 02:32:24 pm »

Actually you need the Circle pad pro if you want to play lefty

Other than What has Been Suggested so far I would recommend getting the games Code of Princess it's sort of a 2D Hack N Slash RPG, and The legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

Oh yeah, I have Link Between Worlds, too. It was late last night, like I said, sorry. Which I'm in love with so far.

pacpix

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 04:24:46 pm »
Make sure you buy/play Ocarina of Time soon if you have never played it!  I just got a 3DS recently also, and the only game I have played that you don't have is Luigis Mansion 2 which is a lot of fun.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 06:22:50 pm »

No, you will need the stand in order to play much better but that means that you need to find a table and then play it there. The circle pad was made specially for shooter games like resident evil revelations

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 01:12:58 am »
I've always been partial to the Mario & Luigi series.  The one for 3DS is called Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.  Only played a store demo and it was still as awesome as the previous games of the series.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

darko

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 11:48:11 am »
You inspired me!

karyann

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 06:33:47 pm »
You inspired me!

I hope I don't sound creepy, but I like your voice, haha.

You made me add a few games to my wishlist, thanks! Nano assault seems really fun. I'm not one to usually like shooters all that much, so I had overlooked it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:36:51 pm by karyann »

darko

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 10:21:10 pm »
I hope I don't sound creepy, but I like your voice, haha.

You made me add a few games to my wishlist, thanks! Nano assault seems really fun. I'm not one to usually like shooters all that much, so I had overlooked it.

Ha, not tooooo creepy :) I'm glad it was helpful!