Author Topic: Obscure, good Wii games  (Read 30203 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: Obscure, good Wii games
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2014, 03:21:46 am »
LIT was a great survival horror type wii ware game. Not sure if it's possible to get it now since it was only available on the shopping channel.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2014, 10:55:04 am »
LIT was a great survival horror type wii ware game. Not sure if it's possible to get it now since it was only available on the shopping channel.

Oh, I am all over that. Thanks for the rec!
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2014, 11:18:48 am »

Oh, I am all over that. Thanks for the rec!

No prob. It also had the best use of the crappy speaker built into the controller ever.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2014, 11:26:06 am »
another code r. True hidden gem. That company was doomed to failure from the start fighting the uphill battle. They went defunct, and not many have heard of them, but they still made a great unique game. Check out there only wii game.

I wasn't aware they made a sequel to Trace Memory. I'll be checking this out!

S'up Doc?

I'm glad that you said something...I had no clue that it was 'related' to Trace Memory.

5/20's sure taking it's sweet time getting here; huh  :'(

Ever play/finish Koudelka!?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2014, 02:42:26 pm »
5/20's sure taking it's sweet time getting here; huh  :'(

Tell me about it.  Once that boxed set arrives on my doorstep, I'm disappearing for a week. I don't even care if I get fired. Paychecks are for the weak. 8)

Still haven't made much progress in Koudelka, I'm afraid. I think my jerry-rigged PS2 is finally dying, not just the laser, like last time. I've been trying to get it to run on my PS3 with no luck. I really need to replace my systems soon. If my PS3 dies on me in the middle of Drakengard 3, I'm rioting.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

argyle

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2014, 05:25:39 pm »
another code r. True hidden gem. That company was doomed to failure from the start fighting the uphill battle. They went defunct, and not many have heard of them, but they still made a great unique game. Check out there only wii game.

So this game never released in the US, correct?  From looking into it I see that it & Trace Memory are both set in the same universe as Hotel Dusk and supposedly have similar gameplay as it.  My wife *loved* hotel dusk - I bought Trace Memory for her recently not knowing a lot about it except that it seemed like her type of game, but she hasn't played it yet.  I'm sure once I tell her about its Hotel Dusk connection, she will.  But she'll also want to play this one at some point, I'm sure - so if it's UK only, gonna have to find a way to import.  :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2014, 05:29:19 pm »
I looked at that Calling game ... its still a bit costly but Im going to try to find a copy to go with Ju-on.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2014, 05:34:11 pm »

So this game never released in the US, correct?  From looking into it I see that it & Trace Memory are both set in the same universe as Hotel Dusk and supposedly have similar gameplay as it.  My wife *loved* hotel dusk - I bought Trace Memory for her recently not knowing a lot about it except that it seemed like her type of game, but she hasn't played it yet.  I'm sure once I tell her about its Hotel Dusk connection, she will.  But she'll also want to play this one at some point, I'm sure - so if it's UK only, gonna have to find a way to import.  :-\

Maybe she'd like Trauma Center - do you guys have it and/or ever played it?

argyle

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2014, 05:36:19 pm »

Nope, what's it play like?  For some reason I always assumed it was more-or-less the board game Operation w/ a Wiimote.  :P
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2014, 05:51:06 pm »

Nope, what's it play like?  For some reason I always assumed it was more-or-less the board game Operation w/ a Wiimote.  :P

It's been so long since I played it, but, now that I think about it - I played it on the DS NOT the Wii...

argyle

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2014, 05:54:09 pm »

It's been so long since I played it, but, now that I think about it - I played it on the DS NOT the Wii...

Well what's THAT one play like then?  :P

dreama1

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2014, 09:21:19 pm »

Well what's THAT one play like then?  :P
Really really love the visual novel hybrid games like that. Fantastic they need more instead of this call of duty crap. Yeah it's only europe but you should be happy it's in english, that's already a god blessing. Playing langrisser 3 reading the script online was a real pain in the balls.

dreama1

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2014, 09:29:34 pm »

So she's into the visual novel games huh? DS is the place to be then has she played 999, or zero escape?

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2014, 11:35:55 pm »

I have the first 2 trauma center games. My wife and I enjoy them. The second is more fun to us because we can play 2 player simultaneous co-op.

Trauma Team is in my wishlist.

The story is also entertaining in an Anime B-Movie sort of way.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2014, 11:38:34 pm »

It starts out that way but quickly diverges into something much more. Both games are actually sci-fi action/puzzle games.