Author Topic: February 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 27780 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: February 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #300 on: February 28, 2014, 10:05:10 am »
Awesome, congrats!   ;D

I snagged a cart-only Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (DS) tonight at GS for $5.  :)

Very good game, IMO  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #301 on: February 28, 2014, 05:45:46 pm »
Finally got my copy of DQX in from Japan. I cant play it so Ive been casually looking for a cheap used copy. Cant complain about $10 shipped.

anruiukimi

« Reply #302 on: February 28, 2014, 06:08:25 pm »
Finally got my copy of DQX in from Japan. I cant play it so Ive been casually looking for a cheap used copy. Cant complain about $10 shipped.

Not bad! Don't want to get a IP changer to try it out? (Admittedly, don't know if that would work.)

soera

« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2014, 06:27:57 pm »
I would need a JP Wii just to try to play. Then maybe that IP changer. Then I would have to figure out how to talk. :) Too much work for my lazy ass!

argyle

« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2014, 08:53:52 pm »
I hit up Big Lots tonight to see if they had anything left with their 75% off video game clearance.  Came away with these:

James Noire's Hollywood Crimes (for my wife) - DS - $2.50
Midnight Club LA Complete - PS3 - $4.75
Aragorn's Quest - PS3 - $2.50
Lucha Libre Heroes Del Ring - $2.50
Wappy Dog - DS - $0.62 :P

Wappy Dog has been a running joke between my wife and I ever since we watched part of Giant Bomb's quicklook of it.  She told me if we ever found it cheap we'd have to get it.  It was marked $15, so I figured assuming it was 75% off that would come to $3.75 and that would be good enough.  When she said .62 I laughed, and just said "well yeah, won't get much cheaper than that!"

EDIT:  How is it possible that no one had added Wappy Dog to the database already?!?!  Madness!!  :P
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 10:31:12 pm by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #305 on: February 28, 2014, 11:16:28 pm »
I hit up Big Lots tonight to see if they had anything left with their 75% off video game clearance.  Came away with these:

James Noire's Hollywood Crimes (for my wife) - DS - $2.50
Midnight Club LA Complete - PS3 - $4.75
Aragorn's Quest - PS3 - $2.50
Lucha Libre Heroes Del Ring - $2.50
Wappy Dog - DS - $0.62 :P

Wappy Dog has been a running joke between my wife and I ever since we watched part of Giant Bomb's quicklook of it.  She told me if we ever found it cheap we'd have to get it.  It was marked $15, so I figured assuming it was 75% off that would come to $3.75 and that would be good enough.  When she said .62 I laughed, and just said "well yeah, won't get much cheaper than that!"

EDIT:  How is it possible that no one had added Wappy Dog to the database already?!?!  Madness!!  :P

Awesome prices! I've been wanting Wappy Dog ever since I saw Craig from TVandLust talk about it, but I've yet to see it for less than $25. Maybe eventually :P Great find!

foxhack

« Reply #306 on: February 28, 2014, 11:17:30 pm »
... What in the hell is Wappy Dog?

sin2beta

« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2014, 11:20:14 pm »
Hopefully nothing similar to a fappy dog...  :-[
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

karyann

« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2014, 11:21:03 pm »
It's a Nintendo DS game that comes with a robot dog, and the game interacts with the robot. It has flashing LEDs and I think it can talk and move too. But it's also known to be a terrible game :P 

argyle

« Reply #309 on: March 01, 2014, 12:11:44 am »
It's official: my dog HATES Wappy Dog.  Thing freaked her out, she hid the whole time my wife was playing with it.   :D  Already got my .62 worth out of it.  ;)  BTW they had a huge stack of the things, so if you have any interest in it & have a Big Lots nearby you might want to check them out (they also had some good games so, y'know, there's that too ;) ). 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis