Author Topic: Turf's Zero Edits Productions  (Read 24527 times)

90snostalga

Re: Turf's Zero Edits Productions
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2014, 02:03:18 pm »
Turf, I swear you must have a secret camera in my house or something.  Me and my wife I promise just did this exact same thing yesterday!  We filmed ourselves going out and about thrift shopping and actual found a Centipede arcade for 175 at a Salvation Army; however, I do not have a truck or any way to haul it.  Her phone ran out of memory or something and cut us off so we eventually stopped filming but very similar.  Where did you hide that camera?

Oh and speaking of arcade, what is the best way to carry it?  Do they bring it out on a dolly to your truck for you?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2014, 03:24:19 pm »
Where did you hide that camera?

Oh and speaking of arcade, what is the best way to carry it?  Do they bring it out on a dolly to your truck for you?

I don't hide the camera. I've never taken it into a store. I'm probably not going to unless I get a wild hair and want to talk to someone in there on camera.

I loaded it upright in the back if a pickup. Then I laid a blanket across the front and ran a ratchet strap across the control panel to the hooks in the bed of the truck.

As for loading it, I bought this off of craigslist. The dude I got it from helped me get it up in the back of the truck. A lot of them have wheels on the back. So, you just tilt it back and roll it. A dolly works great too.

90snostalga

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2014, 04:54:17 pm »

I don't hide the camera. I've never taken it into a store. I'm probably not going to unless I get a wild hair and want to talk to someone in there on camera.

Yea I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you are talking about here...

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2014, 04:59:17 pm »

My bad. I misunderstood. I'm not telling where that one is.

90snostalga

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2014, 10:32:02 pm »

My bad. I misunderstood. I'm not telling where that one is.

Lol.  Let us know if the Popeye arcade works when you get to try it out  :)

Also, if I may ask, I only played a few arcades as a kid so Im not too intuned with them.  Do they all come with a back?  The one I seen locally Centipede did not have a back panel or anything.  You could literally see the wires and the back of the monitor when viewing it from the back.  I was not sure about it but it was only 150 or 175.  And it looks so heavy to me and I feel I would break it in the course of transportation.   

Can you give me any pointers on how to spot a good quality machine?  And what are those motherboards for them I see on Ebay?  To me, an arcade is just a big arcade machine you put in quarters and play.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2014, 11:00:50 am »
Also, if I may ask, I only played a few arcades as a kid so Im not too intuned with them.  Do they all come with a back?  The one I seen locally Centipede did not have a back panel or anything.  You could literally see the wires and the back of the monitor when viewing it from the back.  I was not sure about it but it was only 150 or 175.  And it looks so heavy to me and I feel I would break it in the course of transportation.   

Can you give me any pointers on how to spot a good quality machine?  And what are those motherboards for them I see on Ebay?  To me, an arcade is just a big arcade machine you put in quarters and play.

I'd say that they all have back panels.  There is some pretty high voltage stuff back there.  If you didn't cover it up, some jackhole would fry themselves.

They are pretty heavy.  That much wood and those heavy monitors add up to a couple hundred lbs.  If you move it, stand it up in the back of a truck or on a trailer, strap that dude down, and take it easy in the corners. 

As far as pointers, I don't have a whole lot.  If it powers on, looks good, the monitor looks good, and the controls work; I'd buy it.  $150 for a working Centipede is a steal.  I'd still try to make an offer on it though. 

Those boards on ebay are replacements out of cabinets that were trashed.  Things wear out and have to be replaced.  If you have a JAMMA cabinet (an effort to make arcade cabinets standard), you can swap out JAMMA boards to play different games pretty easy.  I need one of those.

90snostalga

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 09:11:11 am »

I'd say that they all have back panels.  There is some pretty high voltage stuff back there.  If you didn't cover it up, some jackhole would fry themselves.

They are pretty heavy.  That much wood and those heavy monitors add up to a couple hundred lbs.  If you move it, stand it up in the back of a truck or on a trailer, strap that dude down, and take it easy in the corners. 

As far as pointers, I don't have a whole lot.  If it powers on, looks good, the monitor looks good, and the controls work; I'd buy it.  $150 for a working Centipede is a steal.  I'd still try to make an offer on it though. 

Those boards on ebay are replacements out of cabinets that were trashed.  Things wear out and have to be replaced.  If you have a JAMMA cabinet (an effort to make arcade cabinets standard), you can swap out JAMMA boards to play different games pretty easy.  I need one of those.

I went back yesterday and looked at it.  It has the back to it.  They had some other arcade machine for 375 but I cannot remember what it was.  Some game I never heard of it.  Can I borrow your truck and your huge muscle to come pick it up and haul it for me?  lol.  I tried to tilt it a little and I'm so weak that it would not even tilt for me.  Not everyone is as big and strong as you.  You must of ate some spinach before picking up the Popeye machine.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2014, 01:33:55 pm »
My wife decided she needed my laptop for work, so I have no computer now.  When she brings that silly little thing back, I have a new episode or two or 12 for you guys.  Maybe some of you silly fools will watch it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2014, 12:42:06 am »
And We're Back!!!
The long awaited return of Turf's Zero Edits Productions!  This is a look at my first impressions of Felix the Cat on the NES.  Join with me for the next installment in the long running series, First Run. 

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 07:26:08 am by turf »

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2014, 01:27:37 am »
Thanks for showing your video review of Felix The Cat, turf.

Adding this to my list of games that I would never buy.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2014, 10:55:14 am »

You can probably skip Part 2, but be sure to check out Part 3 before you strike it off the list.  The more I played it, the better it got.  I actually really enjoyed playing it.

90snostalga

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2014, 12:14:10 am »
I did another video to tag in with Turf's Zero Edit Productions!  It's my recent picks ups video, and a few items available for trade.  Please let me know if you guys like it 8)   Especially you Turf, let me know your opinion as well please

90snostalga

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2014, 12:14:49 am »

Ha!  That's pretty funny  ;D  Thanks for helping out Turf!

90snostalga

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2014, 05:37:10 am »
Please give me feedback on my video you guys.  How can I make it better?  What's wrong with it? etc.

bobster

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2014, 08:36:01 am »
How IS Soera pronounced? Turf is asking the hard hitting questions!

I always just assumed Sora like Kingdom Hearts, but that's probably wrong.

Thanks for the Felix the Cat videos Turf. I picked this up last summer, but haven't had a chance to play it. The later levels look fun! Did you ever beat it?
Currently Playing: The Witcher