Author Topic: Psp umd videos  (Read 5842 times)

Psp umd videos
« on: February 13, 2014, 09:39:29 pm »
I know there not really games but some of the umds are listed some are not. When adding them into the database what should I put it under psp but not selection for umd movies. thanks.

foxhack

Re: Psp umd videos
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 09:50:27 pm »
We have a category: UMD Video [NA].

http://vgcollect.com/browse/umdvideo

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 01:47:02 pm »
We have a category: UMD Video [NA].

http://vgcollect.com/browse/umdvideo

Again only [NA], we also need [EU], [JP] and every other, or we should loose the [NA]

scott

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 01:50:11 pm »
Usually on things like this they get added as people suggest them. That's how UMD [NA] got added originally. There was no call for the other regions in the Missing Consoles thread, so I never added them. I'll added EU and JP right now.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 03:28:39 pm »
thx, i will add some tommorow with the [EU].

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 04:06:39 pm »
Why do we list non-gaming-related movies here?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tpugmire

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 04:35:00 pm »
Because they are software for a gaming console. As far as I know, these UMD's, CDi videos, and a few GBA videos are all that we are going to list.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 04:39:08 pm »
Because they are software for a gaming console. As far as I know, these UMD's, CDi videos, and a few GBA videos are all that we are going to list.

Yup, we had a discussion about it in 2012 and it was decided that we should have a separate listing for UMD movies to keep them out of the PSP games list.

Speaking of CDi videos and the GBA videos, should we split those off too? I'm all about keeping the game lists clean, while still keeping all releases for a certain console as accurate as possible.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

tpugmire

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 04:50:43 pm »
I thought they already were for some reason. It's probably a good idea for the CDi videos to have their own category. How many GBA videos are there?  I was under the impression that there weren't very many. Might be a waste of time for them if there's only a few.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

Veilor

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 06:24:42 pm »
I thought they already were for some reason. It's probably a good idea for the CDi videos to have their own category. How many GBA videos are there?  I was under the impression that there weren't very many. Might be a waste of time for them if there's only a few.

Maybe should be created, http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Boy_Advance_Video. I also believe there's several different of them for each series. I know Pokémon have 4 or 5.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 06:03:37 am »
The (Nikko) Digiblast has also some movies. I only have 2 so no need to add them yet.

foxhack

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 10:40:15 pm »

We also have some non-gaming stuff for consoles!

We have King James Bible For Use On Game Boy, several instances of Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia, and so on. Of course we won't list this sort of stuff for PCs. But it's okay for consoles since they're part of their library.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 06:53:40 am »

We have King James Bible For Use On Game Boy, several instances of Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia, and so on. Of course we won't list this sort of stuff for PCs. But it's okay for consoles since they're part of their library.

Yeah.

Seems like if we're listing & tracking the UMD movies ("because they're the same type of format as games are for the PSP")...then...wouldn't we have to allow all DVD'S, CD'S, Blu ray's, etc - ("since they're all on the same format as games are on the PS1, PS2, PS3, etc, etc)?  :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 03:41:08 pm »
Yeah.

Seems like if we're listing & tracking the UMD movies ("because they're the same type of format as games are for the PSP")...then...wouldn't we have to allow all DVD'S, CD'S, Blu ray's, etc - ("since they're all on the same format as games are on the PS1, PS2, PS3, etc, etc)?  :P

If the CDs, DVDs and Blurays have console - or PC - gaming specific features, then they're allowed. Like for example, I own a couple of DVDs that also contain demos for the Xbox - on the same disc as the movie. (They already go in the database since they're movies based on games.) And then there's Ed Hunter - an Iron Maiden album that came with a full-fledged video game for Windows. (An on-rails shooter, but still, a game!) I'm aware there's enhanced CD albums that contain stuff like slideshows and maybe some web browser games... I don't feel those belong here.

And apparently some Bluray movies also contain PS3 demos. Or at least they did back in 2009.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 04:08:49 pm »

Yeah.

I would think that since UMD movies could only be played on a PSP, that would be the deciding factor.