Author Topic: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 36452 times)

90snostalga

Re: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #270 on: March 22, 2014, 03:46:58 am »
Not a bad haul today.  Particularly happy for the Mega Man X collection, Twisted Metal, Red Faction, and Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier. Probably gonna use Panzer General and GTA3 for some trade in at a retro game store opening tomorrow.

I love that Twisted Metal large box case.  I had no idea they made a big box for that one.  I've got to get it

Nice finds :)

« Reply #271 on: March 22, 2014, 10:31:10 am »
I love that Twisted Metal large box case.  I had no idea they made a big box for that one.  I've got to get it

Nice finds :)

Twisted Metal 2 is actually my favorite, I already have that, but I was really stoked to find this long box of Twisted Metal cause it's just one of those game boxes that really stands out.  I think they match with the Saturn and Sega CD boxes which I really like.

Today I went to a retro game store opening and had a great time with a little trading and more importantly, I got a CIB of Legend of Zelda on the NES. Pricey for sure, but it's one of those games I've been needing and wanting for a long time, it's the jewel of my Zelda collection, I'm so happy to finally have it along with the gold version of Zelda 2.  I also got Wind Waker HD for a nice price (I still have the digital edition from my Wii U, but can't sell it lol), the Twilight Princess strategy guide for the Wii which is an enormous strategy guide, Pac Man 2, Ikari Warriors 2, Magmax, and GH: Aerosmith cause I'm collecting the Guitar Hero games on PS2 for the heck of it and it's stupid cheap lol

Mostly got Ikari Warriors 2, cause I was wanting the first game, one of those childhood memory ones, but they didn't have it and never played the sequel and Magmax I swear is another childhood memory game that I didn't remember till just now, so I grabbed that.  Don't even know if that one was good or not.

Geez, looking at a review of Mag Max, I totally remember this game now lol Much like Ikari Warriors, you look back on it with nostalgia goggles, but it probably isn't so great lol I still wanted it though, it's just kinda cool to have those games...except for Bible Adventures.  Cause screw that game lol
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:36:21 am by kamikazekeeg »

argyle

« Reply #272 on: March 22, 2014, 11:00:21 am »
Yeah I had Mag Max as a kid and liked it - wasn't my favorite, but I remember enjoying it a good bit.  But I saw a review of it not too long ago and it actually looks horrible.  :P 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #273 on: March 22, 2014, 11:14:25 am »
Yeah I had Mag Max as a kid and liked it - wasn't my favorite, but I remember enjoying it a good bit.  But I saw a review of it not too long ago and it actually looks horrible.  :P

Yeah looking at the review, it's like a really slow space shooter with really bad music, but it's one of those games where I go "Oh, I had that as a kid!", knowing it isn't good, but I still want it lol

Funny enough Ikari Warriors is very similar.  Slow moving shooter with bad music and questionable gameplay.  I apparently didn't have the best of taste as a kid or at least my nostalgia goggles are working overtime into making me think I liked them lol

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #274 on: March 22, 2014, 12:16:08 pm »
Item #777 is my First PS4 Addition and also... JACKPOT

inFAMOUS Second Son Collectors Edition

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #275 on: March 22, 2014, 12:21:37 pm »
Item #777 is my First PS4 Addition and also... JACKPOT

inFAMOUS Second Son Collectors Edition

Nicely done!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #276 on: March 22, 2014, 01:28:54 pm »
Mostly got Ikari Warriors 2, cause I was wanting the first game, one of those childhood memory ones, but they didn't have it and never played the sequel (...)

Yeah...

You're gonna learn what true horror is once you pop that game into the console.

« Reply #277 on: March 22, 2014, 04:10:45 pm »
Mostly got Ikari Warriors 2, cause I was wanting the first game, one of those childhood memory ones, but they didn't have it and never played the sequel (...)

Yeah...

You're gonna learn what true horror is once you pop that game into the console.

Awww, did they not improve over the first one? DID THEY NOT LEARN?! lol

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #278 on: March 22, 2014, 05:26:07 pm »
So... Yeah.... Something happened today.... Yeah... This deserves a video.

argyle

« Reply #279 on: March 22, 2014, 10:56:36 pm »
Got a pretty good haul from a friend.  He was selling his psp & games for $90.  Another friend of ours wanted just the psp, so my friend said he would sell him the system/case/accessories for $50 & that he'd sell me the games for $30.  The games I got were:

Complete:
Dungeon Maker
D&D Tactics
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
LocoRoco
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
FF Tactics (GH - but I already have the non-GH of this one anyway)

UMD Only:
Phantasy Star Portable
Patapon
Daxter (but again, already have this one complete)

Hopefully I can find a case/manual for PSP & Patapon.  :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 01:27:44 am by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #280 on: March 23, 2014, 12:49:51 am »
Recent Pickups

soera

« Reply #281 on: March 23, 2014, 01:03:36 am »
What a tease at the end! I was expecting something good. Then you go and show that silly game that you are going to give me soon.  :o

pacpix

« Reply #282 on: March 23, 2014, 01:20:36 am »
I agree with Soera, after seeing your previous post I figured you found something awesome.  Instead you showed us a game as common as Super Mario/Duck Hunt.  I'll do a trade with you if you are interested; Championship Bowling, Top Gun, and Deadly Towers for that one worthless game.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #283 on: March 23, 2014, 01:53:09 am »
Jeez, I never thought you dorks would be so happy about a stupid hockey game.

90snostalga

« Reply #284 on: March 23, 2014, 02:48:54 am »
Jeez, I never thought you dorks would be so happy about a stupid hockey game.

Gretzky was the greatest pro athlete other than Jordan in the 90s  ;) ;D