Author Topic: April 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 32486 times)

dstone

PRO Supporter

Re: April 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #285 on: April 29, 2014, 11:18:02 pm »
Had another box come in.  :)

Picked up AnimAction, Melody Master and Polar Rescue (with overlay and manual) along with an overlay and manual for Hyper Chase and a manual for Scramble. Now I lack overlays for Fortress of Narzod, Pole Position and Scramble.

I also picked up Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (DS), America's Test Kitchen Let's Get Cooking (DS) and Chaotic Shadow Warriors (PS3) for a buck a piece at Wally World.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:20:29 pm by dstone »

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #286 on: April 29, 2014, 11:52:03 pm »
Bought this game from Steam since it was on sale for 50% off...  Don't Starve and Reign Of Giants DLC.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #287 on: April 30, 2014, 01:16:46 am »
Finally found a cheap copy of Final Fight 2. Caught a local game store slipping and bought it for $10 (cart only). Very happy to have this game and the third on the SNES now :)

blipcs76

« Reply #288 on: April 30, 2014, 10:38:53 am »
Finally found a cheap copy of Final Fight 2. Caught a local game store slipping and bought it for $10 (cart only). Very happy to have this game and the third on the SNES now :)

Congrats!  Nice find :)

karyann

« Reply #289 on: April 30, 2014, 10:53:40 am »
I didn't say vocaloid was awful, I said THAT SONG was awful. :P

I hope so, because there are a lot of great songs  :P But since anyone can make them, well, not everything is bound to be good in the end.

Im glad I didnt hear about that Miku thing til it was too late. It looks like a horrible game to play. I cant stand the guitar hero game play. Although the controller you linked looks pretty interesting.

It's actually really fun, but if you don't like rhythm games, you're pretty much bound not to like it  :P

argyle

« Reply #290 on: April 30, 2014, 07:18:43 pm »
Just got this in the mail, absolute perfect condition - another big one for the collection!  :D

IMG_2803 by ArgyleMonkey, on Flickr
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #291 on: April 30, 2014, 07:41:35 pm »
Just got this in the mail, absolute perfect condition - another big one for the collection!  :D

IMG_2803 by ArgyleMonkey, on Flickr

Impressive. They look practically new!
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

atariboy

« Reply #292 on: April 30, 2014, 07:42:43 pm »
Congrats on scoring a nice copy!
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

anruiukimi

« Reply #293 on: May 01, 2014, 12:22:58 am »
I suppose I'll post what is pretty much all month's additions. :)

(Not shown: Liberty or Death (cart only) and Mechwarrior 3050 (replacing lost cart))

SNES CIB:
The box on RotK IV was in a bit worse shape than I expected, but that's what I get for experimenting with a ebay auction with a stock photo. The contents were in great shape, so I'll live. Sim City and Liberty or Death were both pretty much mint, and both came in their protective boxes (or, how to tell you are buying from another collector...) I actually bought two in-box Daffy Ducks to part together a decent CIB, which means I'm up to three copies of the game right now. xD; I'm giving the extra box and game set to a friend, and I've thrown #3 under my bed with the other extras.

NES CIB: Due to argued ownership of DW II-IV (my mom and I are hopeless, long story :P,) I'm trying to get another set of CIBs of them all. DWII is missing the mailaway map, but DOES have that mailaway guide book, which was pretty rare. I'll get the map later.
DWIV is missing the weapons "map," and the label of the game is a bit sunworn on the spine, but ditto on the map getting later. For some reason, the guy included the original instructions to DWI, which I think he thought was part of the set.

3DS: Picked Zelda: LBW up complete, and in great shape from a Gamefly sale from earlier in the month. $25? Not too bad.

DS: The Kingdom Hearts one looked cute, so I picked it up while in a shopping mood a few days ago. It's still sealed. 5th Grader was a $1.25 addon ebay purchase to another item I was buying for a friend. Not too bad. :)
As for the other two? So, there's this nice fellow on NA who sells these random boxes of stuff, and I bought one from him. I ended up with a bunch of little bits I didn't need, two NES accessories I still haven't tested, 3 DS games, two of which I kept, 3 SNES games, two of which I'm keeping, a pile of XBox games, all of which were given away at work, a CDROM game too damaged to use, a few PS2 games I gave away, random 80s systems paper which I need to give away to someone, and these two CD-I games I need to sell for a few bucks or something. They appear to be in pretty great shape. :)

Wii: Cooking Mama was bought at a garage sale for $1. Disk is a bit scratched, but I think it'll work fine. The other 3 games were purchased at GS with a coupon. :)

PS2: Ring of Red is a replacement, because I like the game and I have no idea where my original disappeared to. RotK VIII is part of my goal to have all of the games in the series. :P

PS3: Jeopardy was bought the same time as Kingdom Hearts. LEGO Hobbit is actually round two, which I really should open. I returned my original after I noticed the case had a big crack, and the game was very jerky in the FMV sequences. Hopefully that was just a bad disk? :/

NES/SNES: The NES games were bought for $10 together at a garage sale. Yes, I know I overpaid, I was feeling too lazy to haggle. The SNES games were part of the random box.

Repros: This is probably it, barring me buying a Mother 3 somewhere or DQ: Caravan Heart suddenly being offered :3 All appear to work great, which is what I wanted. Kinda wish he would clean the cases before recycling them, but that's an easy fix. xD;

And, with this, I'm going on video game shutdown. I've bought far too much stuff in the last few months, and I need to curb it. I've got Hakuoki on order, but besides that, I'm keeping my play budget very low for the next few months to pay down my credit card...

PS: Don't leave all this stuff out when you have a cat. I turned around to find her walking across $100s of dollars in video games... ^^;
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 12:24:37 am by anruiukimi »

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2014, 01:03:35 am »
Aw yuss. Guess what I just won on eBay.

;D ;D ;D
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #295 on: May 01, 2014, 10:00:08 pm »
50 Cent Blood on the Sand (360) and Bulletproof (PS2)
Killer Instinct (SNES)

to close out my April