Author Topic: April 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 32316 times)

argyle

Re: April 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2014, 10:45:22 pm »
I had ordered both of the Fallout GOTY editions for PS3 for $10/each the other day and they arrived today.  I've played through New Vegas (mostly on the 360, but then converted my save to PC & finished it there) and started F3 several times but never got more than probably 10-12 hours in for whatever reason.  I got them mainly for my RPG collection, but I'll probably at least fire up F3 again at some point. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

htimreimer

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2014, 11:55:43 pm »
i got traitors gate for $2

theflea

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2014, 03:54:32 am »
had some cool pick ups this week.

PS3
- Tales of Symphonia

3DS

- Etrian Odyssey Untold: the Millennium Girl - Launch bundle
(found this on Clearance)

GC

- Universal Studios

PS1
- Pepsi Man (JP)
(Another one of my weird games I had to have) lol

T16CD
- Exile II: Wicked Phenomenon
- Ys III: Wanderers from Ys
(I finally found a worthy trade for my extra copy of Earthbound)

Next week I hope to have a ton of goodies, I'll be at the Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee. Hope to see some of you guys there.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:56:17 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2014, 04:45:55 am »
I had ordered both of the Fallout GOTY editions for PS3 for $10/each the other day and they arrived today.  I've played through New Vegas (mostly on the 360, but then converted my save to PC & finished it there) and started F3 several times but never got more than probably 10-12 hours in for whatever reason.  I got them mainly for my RPG collection, but I'll probably at least fire up F3 again at some point. 
Fallout 3 is amazing, both story-wise and gameplay-wise.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

thecrypticodor

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2014, 02:36:33 pm »

I think I officially lost my mind because this now makes the fourth Intellivision that I now own. I really wanted a model II and it was up for a decent price so I said screw it. Also picked up some ColecoVision games the best among them being Frenzy the sequel to Berzerk.

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2014, 02:42:25 pm »
Not a good day for finds for me, Flea Market had very little other than a couple common NES games I didn't want to buy for 5 bucks a piece, and some modern games, though I did grab Devil May Cry HD Collection on 360 and Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers on Wii for 5 bucks each.

I made my run to the retro store today and decided to finally buy the Super Famicom Legend of Zelda which has the box and game, no manual sadly, but it's cool to have with the box.  I don't really need it for my Zelda collection, but it's one of those cool bonus items to add in when I can.

Also decided to grab a Paper Mario on 64 for the heck of it.  I never really played it back when it was out, so figured I'd pop in sometime.

And finally just grabbed Brutal Legend on 360 for 4 bucks, because I could, even if I have it on PS3 and had it on 360 originally before a trade in awhile back.  I just love that game lol  Oh and I forgot I bought it on Steam.  Just a big supporter of that game.

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2014, 03:25:57 pm »
I haven't bought GBA and DS games since they were new but I'm thinking about picking some up again. With all this talk of bootlegged GBA and DS games is there a good link someone can point me to on identifying a fake?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2014, 03:28:54 pm »

I think I officially lost my mind because this now makes the fourth Intellivision that I now own. I really wanted a model II and it was up for a decent price so I said screw it. Also picked up some ColecoVision games the best among them being Frenzy the sequel to Berzerk.

Very cool. I've been eyeing one of those models myself at a local used video game shop. She wants $50 for it. The problem I'm having is that I'm not sure it's worth $50 for me, since I'm not that big on the classic arcade-style of gaming. There are other games I want on it, though, like the Masters of the Universe, D&D games, that surgery game, and the pre-Civilization sim game (can't remember the name of it right now).

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2014, 03:35:45 pm »
I haven't bought GBA and DS games since they were new but I'm thinking about picking some up again. With all this talk of bootlegged GBA and DS games is there a good link someone can point me to on identifying a fake?

Buy the European versions. Here its usually the US versions that are fake.

thecrypticodor

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2014, 04:11:44 pm »

Very cool. I've been eyeing one of those models myself at a local used video game shop. She wants $50 for it. The problem I'm having is that I'm not sure it's worth $50 for me, since I'm not that big on the classic arcade-style of gaming. There are other games I want on it, though, like the Masters of the Universe, D&D games, that surgery game, and the pre-Civilization sim game (can't remember the name of it right now).
$50 isn't a bad price assuming it has both controllers and the power supply. Although I'd recommend the first model over the model II as the controllers are better especially the keypad. Also the model II won't play Donkey Kong, Carnival and Venture.
Arcade style games are what the vast majority of it's library is comprised off. So if you don't enjoy those kind of games it'd be tough for me to recommend it. Although Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (the first one) and the Intellivision version of Burgertime are worth owning the system for right there.

argyle

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2014, 05:14:41 pm »
I went yard sale-ing this morning which was a complete bust.  Keep in mind I'm far from what you would even sorta call an urban area, plus people aren't in full swing with yard sales yet, so I probably hit < 20 sales.  And I'd say at least 3/4 of those were mainly baby clothes.  Seriously, who is buying all these freaking baby clothes?   :o  Just piles & piles of them.  If they have anything else, it's usually a pile of books that no one on the planet has ever wanted to read, ever.  I should have stayed in bed.

Part of me would love to make a major move far away from this place.  But I still have family here that I feel obligated to stay for. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

karyann

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2014, 06:19:32 pm »
I went yard sale-ing this morning which was a complete bust.  Keep in mind I'm far from what you would even sorta call an urban area, plus people aren't in full swing with yard sales yet, so I probably hit < 20 sales.  And I'd say at least 3/4 of those were mainly baby clothes.  Seriously, who is buying all these freaking baby clothes?   :o  Just piles & piles of them.  If they have anything else, it's usually a pile of books that no one on the planet has ever wanted to read, ever.  I should have stayed in bed.

Part of me would love to make a major move far away from this place.  But I still have family here that I feel obligated to stay for.

I feel you there. 90% of garage sales are clothes and books, all the time  :-\ It's incredible. Clothes sell pretty well in lot on kijiji/craigslist, and for the price they usually ask for books, they could just give them away to charities. Such a waste of space!

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2014, 08:17:54 pm »
Here's that Japanese A Link to the Past I got today.

pacpix

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2014, 11:28:47 pm »
That looks awesome Kamikazekeeg!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

argyle

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2014, 11:32:49 pm »
Very nice, I've always dug that Japanese LttP artwork.  :)