Author Topic: UPDATE  (Read 6039 times)

matt

UPDATE
« on: December 19, 2011, 09:59:49 pm »
Hey all,

I just pushed out a very minor update to the app that fixes a few listing issues. Nothing major with the update but it does mean that my head is back into Android development. You can expect a much larger update soon. I'll post more details when I have them.

Thanks!

scott

Re: UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 05:22:20 am »
Yay!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

atariboy

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 12:22:58 pm »
woo-hoo!!
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

madmax

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 11:51:02 pm »
I managed to steal some wifi to update my phone (I dont have 3g here)
Looking forward to the big update :D

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 01:23:15 am »
I just went into Search settings for the first time in.. uh.. ever.. since getting my SGS2 and noticed that VGCollect has a search provider. Was that always there, or is it a recent addition?

matt

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 07:13:54 am »
ha that's been there for some time now. Probably about 4 versions back or so. It's pretty cool because you can use voice search and all. The only problem there is that if you haven't logged into the app it'll crash out on you eventually. I'll be fixing this up soon.

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 04:02:56 pm »
Yeah, that is pretty nifty. Not enough people make use of search like that, so my hat's off to you.

matt

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 08:34:02 am »
Yeah but almost no end users even know it exists either and they are the one that have to enable it. I don't think an app can automatically turn it on. In a future update I'm going to add some info in the About section that'll walk a user through the features. Well..once we actually have enough features ha.

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 06:00:25 pm »
I'm sure it's probably been suggested but when or if at all is a barcode scanner coming? Other than that I love this app so far. Have game collection app already would be cool if you can import a .csv file to this one. Save me 900+ scans  :D

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 04:26:52 pm »
Nice!  Knowing this I might cook up a list of some things to recommend for the app then....  I actually use it quite a bit....

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 11:14:19 am »
I use this app a ton myself.  I've been hoping it's not dead.  I really hope you get some progress to finding someone to continue it.  The features in the app that aren't enabled yet will be sweet when they work.  If I could help, I'd do so!

Jeff

matt

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 12:51:53 pm »
I use this app a ton myself.  I've been hoping it's not dead.  I really hope you get some progress to finding someone to continue it.  The features in the app that aren't enabled yet will be sweet when they work.  If I could help, I'd do so!

Jeff

It's not dead but it is definitely on life support. Right now the main focus is on the site update but once that is complete we'll be able to refocus on the app. In the meantime you may find the mobile site a bit easier to use. http://mobile.vgcollect.com

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 08:52:33 am »
Samsung Galaxy Proclaim, Gingerbread. I downloaded the Android app, love it, but if rotate my phone then it freezes for a second and then forces close.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 09:23:06 am »
Would love to see the wish list and browse implemented!

matt

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 09:53:47 am »
Would love to see the wish list and browse implemented!

I know it's not the same but try using the mobile site: http://mobile.vgcollect.com

It has full wish list and sell list features.