Author Topic: Save your change, folks v4.0  (Read 5274 times)

Re: Save your change, folks v4.0
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 11:31:46 pm »
Unfortunately, I think I'll have to pass on this as I never pay cash, so I'm not getting any change other than the nickels I find on the ground haha.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 05:21:47 pm »
Money saved on April 2014 for October 20 event: +$22.40

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 08:55:54 pm »
Reporting in, I just cleaned up my savings jar and got rid of all the pennies, hyped to find out what the end result will be since I always use cash! :D

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2014, 10:17:42 am »
I think I do that and try to aim at one of two games I been wanting to pick up for long time.

Legend of Megaman 2 or  One Piece Ultimate Adventure on Wii
The Mind is The Slayer of Reality. --- LoS

soera

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 11:05:24 am »
I have to say this time around is going to be shocking for me. Ive been cheating obviously and turning some of my nightly tips into change. Its a bit over a month since this started and Im already over $160. I already moved out of my first container I saved my change in the previous 3 times into a container probably 5 times the size and its almost full. :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 01:31:16 pm »
I have to say this time around is going to be shocking for me. Ive been cheating obviously and turning some of my nightly tips into change. Its a bit over a month since this started and Im already over $160. I already moved out of my first container I saved my change in the previous 3 times into a container probably 5 times the size and its almost full. :)

Panzer Dragoon Saga?  Little Samson?  Flintstones 2?

soera

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 02:27:46 pm »
Saga maybe ... Im not sure I can see myself paying market value for any of the NES games Im still missing.

I really need to save up to buy a vehicle for myself. Ive been delivering in the wife's car and I feel bad.

bobster

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 02:46:18 pm »
Saga maybe ... Im not sure I can see myself paying market value for any of the NES games Im still missing.

I really need to save up to buy a vehicle for myself. Ive been delivering in the wife's car and I feel bad.
That sounds like a very adult thing to do, which is to say, not at all exciting :(
Currently Playing: The Witcher

soera

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 02:56:59 pm »
Oh I will probably still use the change on a game. Just will feel bad longer for using her car.  ;D

90snostalga

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2014, 03:29:43 pm »
Oh I will probably still use the change on a game. Just will feel bad longer for using her car.  ;D

How much do you get tips?  I did not even know tips were given on pizza.  The few times I ordered a pizza, I never gave a tip and the driver never asked.  Now with my order total I would pay an extra dollar for delivery.  Is that basically the tip?

scott

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 04:02:22 pm »
I usually give the pizza guy a couple bucks. If it was soera I'd give him nothing though for being a dirty change cheater! Haha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

90snostalga

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 04:15:24 pm »
Yea I'd probably give Soera  a Pokemon card or something.   And then I'd go and throw one of the pizzas on his wind shield lol

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2014, 09:55:27 pm »
well somehow I'm already past $70

soera

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 11:05:41 pm »

How much do you get tips?  I did not even know tips were given on pizza.  The few times I ordered a pizza, I never gave a tip and the driver never asked.  Now with my order total I would pay an extra dollar for delivery.  Is that basically the tip?

We, as drivers, are never allowed to ask for tips. But picture the 2 scenarios. One a waiter, two a delivery driver. A waiter may walk a few feet to your table, bring your food and maybe refill your glass. A driver uses their car and their gas to bring you your food straight to your house. Everyone tips waiters yet not everyone tips drivers. Its mind boggling.

Delivery charge is bullshit. That goes to the restaurant, not the driver. :( I get asked that a few times a week.

90snostalga

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 11:39:38 pm »

We, as drivers, are never allowed to ask for tips. But picture the 2 scenarios. One a waiter, two a delivery driver. A waiter may walk a few feet to your table, bring your food and maybe refill your glass. A driver uses their car and their gas to bring you your food straight to your house. Everyone tips waiters yet not everyone tips drivers. Its mind boggling.

Delivery charge is bullshit. That goes to the restaurant, not the driver. :( I get asked that a few times a week.

Yea I get what your saying.  The way I look at it as a consumer, the few times I will get some nice pizza for delivery, granted the pizza is very very good, its still costly.  My 22 dollars sub total, along with 10 percent sales tax where I live, and then still have to pay an extra delivery fee.  It's hard to shell out something else for a tip.  Maybe if they did not charge a delivery fee it would be different but delivery fee is always 1.00-3 bucks so its hard to tip on that  unfortunately. 

Do they pay your gas tho?  I know my local Dominos and Pizza Hut seem to always be hiring drivers and they claim they pay the gas mileage along with the hourly rate.  The thing is too Soera, almost 90 percent of the time when I order pizza delivery or pick up, the order is wrong.  One rule I have if I eat at a restaurant, I will not tip if I have any problems what so ever.  I would apply the same for pizza.  My local Pizza Hut is so horrible I havent used them at all in an entire year and I sent feedback by email to the district manager and the local store manager and I was blown off by both so I no longer use them. 

Anyways, this is the first that I have ever given it some thought based on what you said.  I just cant understand the delivery charge.