Author Topic: Let's talk about...  (Read 2568 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Let's talk about...
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 01:54:59 pm »
Brutal Legend has the best soundtrack ever. And that is a scientific fact!

QFT

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 02:28:48 pm »
So...if you had to pick one game's OST as your favorite one of all time - it would be ______?

and

if you had to pick only one TRACK/SONG as your favorite one of all time - it would be ______?

My favorite soundtrack hands down would have to be Kingdom Hearts II

Favorite track= Darkness of the Unknown (From KHII) In all the games I've played, no other boss battle has come close to the final showdown with Xemnas.

The other soundtrack that I simply adore is Cave Story's. The original soundtrack was truly amazing! Both it and the remix soundtrack project that was released online has been a mainstay on my iPod for a while now. The theme from when you have to run through hell is the definition of awesome for me!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 01:03:10 am by Limeface »

argyle

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 04:16:00 pm »
The FF XIII-2 CE came with the complete soundtrack.  Tales of Symphonia HD came w/ the complete ToS soundtrack as well I believe (not 100%, haven't listened to it yet  :-[ ) and FFX-X2 CE came with the complete FFX remastered soundtrack, of course.  Off the top of my head I'm not sure if any other games have come with complete soundtracks or not, tho some have certainly come with lengthy ones - The King of Fighters XIII came with a 4-disk 101 track soundtrack that covered the series from '94 through XIII.   :o

My all-time favorite track?  Man.  I'll stick with the 2 JSR soundtracks as being my all-around favorites, but as for a single track I'm gonna go with Aerith's Theme - specifically the version from the piano soundtrack:

But here are just a few of my other favorites :D

Elemental Gearbolt - Forest
*love* that flute at 2:30 that precedes the tempo change - a lightgun game having a soundtrack this gorgeous is just nuts. 

Final Fantasy Tactics - Bland Logo - Title Black
I used to let the intro movie just sit & loop so I could hear this song

Bioshock Infinite - Will The Circle Be Unbroken
A beautiful moment in this fantastic game, and a great example of how music can be used to elevate a game to another level.

Billy Hatcher & The Giant Egg - G.I.A.N.T. E.G.G.
Go out on an upbeat one here.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 05:10:04 pm »
This (short) song from the PS1 RPG Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure about Marjoly (a very frequently  recurring cameo/secret/super character in many Disgaea & other N1 games) is pretty damned funny (even moreso if you've played Rhapsody & know her story/back-story)

("Marjoly's Song")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qli27uQ1cT4

AND

another one from the same game (on a more serious note) with, IMO, some surprisingly decent music & vocals):

("Thank You")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EerJ5B1IQmQ

And...one last/3rd song from the same game =

("Let's Go On")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhftm5hQcUQ&list=RDjhftm5hQcUQ#t=14

What I really liked (yes - in a "kiddy", "girly", and "musical" RPG) was that...I (surprisingly & begrudgingly:) found myself enjoying it more & giving it more credit than I expected to going into & playing the game (in my early 30's)   ::)

*EDIT/ADDITION*

The other thing that I meant to say that distinguishes these songs (and the whole game itself) is that they all have accompanying lyrics & vocals.

ALSO:

Since this thread's going in the direction that it is ==> I don't have any problems w/ making this our "officiallly" (unofficial) Video Game Music/OST Tracks & Songs Recommendation(s) (preferably w/ links) List...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 05:21:20 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 05:15:07 pm »
Rhapsody was a great game.  There was one other "beginner" RPG on the PSOne that I felt topped it tho - Guardian's Crusade.  I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed that game.

They're both really good tho.  :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 05:23:00 pm »
Rhapsody was a great game.  There was one other "beginner" RPG on the PSOne that I felt topped it tho - Guardian's Crusade.  I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed that game.

They're both really good tho.  :)

Never heard of that one - is it also a turn-based, musical RPG?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 06:00:30 pm »
Not musical, but it is a turn-based RPG and absolutely loaded with charm.  You're a knight who finds a baby monster that you're protecting & trying to figure out where he came from.  You find "toys" along the way that serve as your other party members.  A ton of fun, and super cute - definitely worth tracking down. 

soera

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 07:46:45 pm »
Its pretty inexpensive game wise but its not a common game to find on a shelf.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 07:58:54 pm »
If you like guitar-driven rock, you will love this track from Lords of Thunder, no vocals of course, just a fantastic instrumental where the guy is shredding:

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:01:11 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2014, 04:19:54 am »
Although Im not a big NIN fan Trent Reznor did an amazing job on the Quake soundtrack.
I also love King of Fighters XIII soundtrack, very nice jazzy/prog rock sound, good stuff

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2014, 07:30:26 pm »
You've got to appreciate the water-level music on Donkey Kong Country (SNES version). It's amazing that the SNES can produce something so impressive and atmospheric without the aid of CD or DVD-ROM.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 10:31:34 am by burningdoom »

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2014, 12:43:17 am »
Favorite OST: Wild Arms
Favorite OST Song: Alone In The World

Please check out the games I have for sale.