Author Topic: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 44747 times)

theflea

Re: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2014, 04:14:40 pm »
I'm loving this one thrift store I've been going to more regularly since they are closer.  Don't know why i didn't before lol I got a complete NES, looks like it is in nice condition with all the cords, two controllers, a gray zapper, and an Advantage for about 20 bucks.  Not crazy cheap like at a garage sale, but below that of the higher end store prices.  I take my chances on whether it works or not, but we'll see.

Still better then what I find at thrift stores. There's only one small thrift store I check everytime I pass it, It's the only store I ever find any games at good prices. Every other store ether has nothing or priced at retail.  :-\
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2014, 04:40:52 pm »
Still better then what I find at thrift stores. There's only one small thrift store I check everytime I pass it, It's the only store I ever find any games at good prices. Every other store ether has nothing or priced at retail.  :-\

The Salvation Army's have been rather empty since I got my Dreamcast pile of games a few weeks back, but I seem to find something every other day I go to this place.  Just in the past week I got that GBA with 4 games, those battle chips that turned out to be kinda useless lol, and now a complete NES that I'm hoping works lol It seems like they have good rotation and they are always busy.  What seems best though, is that I don't even have to go early in the morning, I've been just going in the late afternoon and finding stuff lol

Games wise they don't seem to get a ton of great stuff in, I've been keeping an eye out, but mostly just sports titles.  They get a few DS games in every so often, but usually kid stuff so I pass on that. Even stuff that doesn't look great gets sold there eventually as someone bought that Red DS Lite that was there for 20 bucks that had no cords, a broken hinge, and a kinda gunky screen lol

karyann

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2014, 06:47:57 pm »

The Salvation Army's have been rather empty since I got my Dreamcast pile of games a few weeks back, but I seem to find something every other day I go to this place.  Just in the past week I got that GBA with 4 games, those battle chips that turned out to be kinda useless lol, and now a complete NES that I'm hoping works lol It seems like they have good rotation and they are always busy.  What seems best though, is that I don't even have to go early in the morning, I've been just going in the late afternoon and finding stuff lol

Games wise they don't seem to get a ton of great stuff in, I've been keeping an eye out, but mostly just sports titles.  They get a few DS games in every so often, but usually kid stuff so I pass on that. Even stuff that doesn't look great gets sold there eventually as someone bought that Red DS Lite that was there for 20 bucks that had no cords, a broken hinge, and a kinda gunky screen lol

Battle chips, as in Megaman NT Warrior/ Battle Network battle chips ? Why are they kinda useless?

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2014, 07:14:10 pm »

Battle chips, as in Megaman NT Warrior/ Battle Network battle chips ? Why are they kinda useless?

Aren't the battle chips for one of those dinky hand held things that have like a little battle game in them of some sort? Are they used for the proper console games?  I mean, technically they aren't useless, I just don't have much value for them if they aren't used for a proper console system lol

*EDIT*
And of course the NES doesn't seem to work.  I got it to go steady with my copy of Tale Spin that I had cleaned up before, but the connection on this NES is really loose.  The connections do look rather clean though, so I'm thinking I might have enough nice parts right now to make a complete NES perhaps lol
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:24:20 pm by kamikazekeeg »

karyann

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2014, 10:13:26 pm »
Aren't the battle chips for one of those dinky hand held things that have like a little battle game in them of some sort? Are they used for the proper console games?  I mean, technically they aren't useless, I just don't have much value for them if they aren't used for a proper console system lol

Yeah, they're supposed to work with an electronic PET which I never used, but I love the chips anyway. I got 2 chips with figurines, and I'm still hoping to find the PET someday :P  If you ever wanna get rid of the chips, I might be up to buy them, or trade for something else  ;D

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2014, 12:03:55 am »

Yeah, they're supposed to work with an electronic PET which I never used, but I love the chips anyway. I got 2 chips with figurines, and I'm still hoping to find the PET someday :P  If you ever wanna get rid of the chips, I might be up to buy them, or trade for something else  ;D

I kinda tried to find the little PET thing, but they basically sell a lot of their stuff in these sorta grab bags which a bunch of stuff and didn't really see it anywhere in the toys section.  Not sure if it was brought in with the chips or not.  I'd probably rather just get rid of the chips myself.  I got 30 of them in total.  Trade would probably work out best for both of us probably I can get you pictures of them tomorrow if you want to see them.

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2014, 04:43:08 pm »

theflea

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2014, 06:39:50 pm »
Holy Bill Nye the Science Guy covered in Molasses!
Was feeling crappy from being sick and got a late start hitting the streets for garage sales.
Thinking "well, I'm not going to find much." and low and behold after many sales of just average game finds I come across this.
A sale had a box full of games and the lady told me I could have it all for $5. I was like ya sold.
Then when I told her i was happy about finding video games she said "wait here I might have something you want."
So I waited and she brings out a Huggies box, and when I saw what was inside I almost emptied my bowels right there.
When I asked how much? she said $10. I really almost made a mess in my pants.
What is it you ask? he he, I'll let you know later after I hit some sales tomorrow. but here's a pic of the boxes.  :P

How do you keep Vgcollect in suspense? I'll tell ya tomorrow...  ::)

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 06:41:36 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

argyle

« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2014, 07:51:40 pm »
Question for anyone who owns Final Fantasy III for the DS:  Is the spine of the case perfectly white, or is it slightly...I guess brown-ish towards the bottom?  Picked up a used copy in really good shape today at GS, but I'm not sure if the case is supposed to be this way or not.  If it's not, it's going back.  ;) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2014, 08:04:08 pm »
Was feeling crappy from being sick and got a late start hitting the streets for garage sales.
Thinking "well, I'm not going to find much." and low and behold after many sales of just average game finds I come across this.
A sale had a box full of games and the lady told me I could have it all for $5. I was like ya sold.
Then when I told her i was happy about finding video games she said "wait here I might have something you want."
So I waited and she brings out a Huggies box, and when I saw what was inside I almost emptied my bowels right there.
What is it you ask? he he, I'll let you know later after I hit some sales tomorrow. but here's a pic of the boxes.  :P

Honestly, I'd be impressed even if they were all common NES games for 15 bucks with how big those boxes are XD

soera

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2014, 08:56:36 pm »

Can I ban him til tomorrow?! How evil. :P

« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2014, 09:07:44 pm »

This is SO not cool.
Come back here and open those boxes! :P

karyann

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2014, 10:02:10 pm »

I love that Substitute plush!  :D

And theFlea, you naughty boy!  :P

Warmsignal

« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2014, 10:19:39 pm »
Question for anyone who owns Final Fantasy III for the DS:  Is the spine of the case perfectly white, or is it slightly...I guess brown-ish towards the bottom?  Picked up a used copy in really good shape today at GS, but I'm not sure if the case is supposed to be this way or not.  If it's not, it's going back.  ;)

I think it's supposed to be white. But I sold a replacement case a while back online that had a brownish stain near the bottom, I thought it was a defect? Maybe the person I sold it to, traded their game in?  ???

Warmsignal

« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2014, 10:23:36 pm »

My guess is a whole bunch of boxed NES games. Last year, I stumbled across a box full myself and felt nearly the same.