Author Topic: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 44781 times)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

Re: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2014, 08:07:07 pm »
Got Child Of Light digitally for the PS4.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

blipcs76

« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2014, 12:25:16 pm »
Mostly duds this weekend.  The only notable item is a CIB Wipeout64 that I found at a garage sale.  Seems like most of the garage sales I go to recently are nothing but Wii/DS games, PS2/Xbox/360 Sports games and Wii accessories.  The last two years bore a lot of fruit -- this year has started off pretty slim :(

htimreimer

« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2014, 05:26:43 pm »
i got got these for $3.50 at my salvation army store

arcade hall of games 4-pack (95% complete, missing the manual )
nba jam extreme (CIB and its still sealed the original shrink rap)
diablo best seller series edition (never been opened )

« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2014, 05:28:20 pm »
I've decided that racing games (mainly the more realistic-ish ones, not so much the made up stuff) would be my thing as my other passion is cars/racing etc. Went and found some of the cheapest racing games I could find that seemed interesting for various reasons or just random. Not looking to get everything but just stuff to fill gaps in the collection and stuff I think is interesting. Or like Polyphony Digital eventually making maybe the biggest (best selling?) racing game of all time, but finding the other weird stuff they did before that became the only thing they do.

Grand Tour Racing '98 - Because I used to own this I think and didn't really like it. But I regret everything I've ever traded in so I'd like to get some of those back. Also interesting that its got Car & Driver magazine in the title, similar to the original Road & Track presents Need For Speed (still need a copy)

Jet Moto - Never owned any of the Jet Moto series but I know it's a staple of the PS1 library.

Rally Masters - I remember playing a PC demo for a rally game forever ago that felt like it had amazing physics for the time. From vague memories I think it was called Rally Masters. Turns out they also made it for PS1, which I'm sure is no where near as good, but eh wth.

Micro Machines V3 - Rented the hell out of this as a kid but never owned it. Was interesting figuring out exactly which Micro Machines game it was. Looking forward to this nostalgia trip.

Need For Speed: V-Rally - NFS attempt at a rally game? Think I remember it not being very good but interesting none the less. Bonus points for having the famous GC8 chassis #555 Subaru Impreza on the cover. The 555 was altered on games because it was a cigarette company or something. 555 in hexidecimal is 22B which is the much sought after, low-production homologation special Subaru Impreza 22B. One of the drivers for this car was the famous Colin McRae (RIP). And I used to own a '98 Impreza 2.5RS (subaru's signature blue w/ gold wheels)

Racing - Umm.. because Racing? What racing collection is complete without the definitive, one-and-only, genre creating game. Joking aside, this looks as budget as you can get but the title is hilarious. Bonus points for having a Mitsubishi Evo 5 or 6 on the cover art.

Rush Hour - Never heard of it. Produced by the lovely Psygnosis I guess.

SuperCross 2000 - Don't have any dirt bike games for PS1. Cheap so whatev. Curious to try.

F1 2000 - Don't have any F1 games in my collection in general. This should be funny.

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
- Not a racing game but everyone says this game was amazing for its time? Curious.

Went through and updated the database with any missing artwork and descriptions for these games.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:57:46 pm by Seikenfreak »

Warmsignal

« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2014, 05:36:57 pm »
I just found Conker: Live and Reloaded for $5! Someone traded in a pristine Xbox collection, and one of good taste I must add, into a local pawn.

htimreimer

« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2014, 05:42:30 pm »
Racing - Umm.. because Racing? What racing collection is complete without the definitive, one-and-only, genre creating game. Joking aside, this looks as budget as you can get but the title is hilarious. Bonus points for having a Mitsubishi Evo 5 or 6 on the cover art.
the name sounds as hilarious as the the two games that i have called create city and  snowmobile racing

« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2014, 06:05:47 pm »
I just found Conker: Live and Reloaded for $5! Someone traded in a pristine Xbox collection, and one of good taste I must add, into a local pawn.

Lucky! Been really wanting that since the N64 conker is so much more expensive to get.

« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2014, 06:07:08 pm »
the name sounds as hilarious as the the two games that i have called create city and  snowmobile racing

The company who did Racing also produced such classics as Billiards, Bowling, Snowboarding, Tennis, Boxing and Shooter Space Shot. If you're a fan of any of these particular sports, your collection would not be complete without them.

Warmsignal

« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2014, 06:42:22 pm »

Lucky! Been really wanting that since the N64 conker is so much more expensive to get.

I didn't realize the 64 one was now the most expensive N64 game. The was excited to find the Xbox version because this one is going up in price too.

« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2014, 07:45:26 pm »

I didn't realize the 64 one was now the most expensive N64 game. The was excited to find the Xbox version because this one is going up in price too.

It's not the most expensive one, I think a couple others beat that out like Clayfighters 631/2 Sculptors Edition, but it's a pricey game for sure averaging like 75 to 100 I believe for a CIB version.

And today, I managed to get back a copy of Splatterhouse on Xbox 360.  I do really like this game, a shame it did poorly, it really needed a sequel to clean up the game. 

blipcs76

« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2014, 10:47:09 am »

It's not the most expensive one, I think a couple others beat that out like Clayfighters 631/2 Sculptors Edition, but it's a pricey game for sure averaging like 75 to 100 I believe for a CIB version.

And today, I managed to get back a copy of Splatterhouse on Xbox 360.  I do really like this game, a shame it did poorly, it really needed a sequel to clean up the game.

I often see Conker go for about $70 loose.  Glad I got my copy a few years ago before it spiked.  I don't know if I"ll ever get at Sculptor's Cut.  They don't auction on eBay very often and when they do they're in the $150 range.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2014, 12:52:05 pm »
Thinking about doing something different for showing this weeks pickups. So I have it up soon

theflea

« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2014, 01:32:02 pm »

The company who did Racing also produced such classics as Billiards, Bowling, Snowboarding, Tennis, Boxing and Shooter Space Shot. If you're a fan of any of these particular sports, your collection would not be complete without them.

A1 games made a lot of shareware crap, but they did have a couple hidden gems.

Battle Hunter (an RPG board game where you can play against up to 4 players)
Billiards
Board Game: Top Shop (Monopoly style game, fun multiplayer)
Bowling
Boxing
Card Games
Crossroad Crisis (Puzzle game)
Extreme Go-Kart Racing
Kickboxing
Mobile Armor
Phix: The Adventure
Putter Golf
Puzzle Star Sweep (generic puzzle game)
Racing
Rageball
RC Helicopter
Shooter: Space Shot
Shooter: Starfighter Sanvein (this one is playable arena Shump)
Snowboarding
Street Racquetball
Tall Infinity
Tennis
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 02:37:02 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

foxhack

« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2014, 01:50:20 pm »
AI games made a lot of shareware crap, but they did have a couple hidden gems.

A1 Games. Not AI games. They were a division of Agetec.

It's worth noting that most of these titles were originally released as part of the Simple 1500 Series in Japan. These were low priced games developed by various companies.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2014, 01:52:54 pm »
AI games made a lot of shareware crap, but they did have a couple hidden gems.

A1 Games. Not AI games. They were a division of Agetec.

It's worth noting that most of these titles were originally released as part of the Simple 1500 Series in Japan. These were low priced games developed by various companies.

The same people that made the superb King's Field and Armored Core games? Wow.