Author Topic: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 44008 times)

theflea

Re: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2014, 04:07:22 pm »
I can comment on some of the skylanders. First I see Gill runt which is one of the sidekicks. They definitely have value. Second is Scarlet Ninjini which was (I think) the last variant of the Giants released. Wham shell which is the last released Spyro released and still one of the more expensive characters.

Good to know, I honestly know nothing about rare/valuable Skylander figures. Only thing I was always told is watch out for solid color figures. I only bought these because at a $1 a figure you can't complain. and if I ever play skylanders at least I have some figures to use. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:08:56 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #211 on: May 24, 2014, 04:40:25 pm »
Didn't expect to get much today being that I decided to sleep in today, didn't want to run around on 2 hours of sleep lol I did get a couple games from the Salvation Army, a copy of the standard Halo 2 on Xbox as I needed it for my collection as I have the limited edition.  Then I got a copy of SOCOM 2 just because and then I grabbed something called Mechassault for the Xbox.  I really don't remember this game, though seems like something I would've liked as I loved Chromehounds that came out in the early days of the 360.

Also to note, if you haven't gone to Target lately, they are doing a big clearance sale.  They had a table full of new games all at about 70% off, some of which are good titles, so you could be getting a 60 dollar game for as low as around 20 bucks.  I would've gotten more, but I stuck to the really cheap ones.  I got Dead or Alive: Jiggle Simulator 5 on the 360 for only 4 bucks, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge on the Wii U for about 8 bucks (I'm so backed up on my Wii U games now lol), and Twisted Metal on PS3 for about 6 bucks.  Brand new games, should totally get there if you can.  I saw stuff like Little Big Planet karting, the original Rocksmith, and other stuff like Black Ops 2 on Wii U all on sale among others.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #212 on: May 24, 2014, 06:07:01 pm »
Found this beauty yesterday for $13 at a thrift store.

That thing is amazing and must way an ass load.  :o

True story. 186 lbs!

argyle

« Reply #213 on: May 24, 2014, 07:11:57 pm »
Figured I'd come here & get my weekly does of The Flea jealousy - mission accomplished!   :P

I got sleep today.  A lot of it, too.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #214 on: May 24, 2014, 07:17:08 pm »
Figured I'd come here & get my weekly does of The Flea jealousy - mission accomplished!   :P

I got sleep today.  A lot of it, too.  ;)

Tell me about it. :-) I try to think of it more as admiration.

Had planned to do some yard sale-ing today. But the boy had a birthday party and now we are in tae kwon do practice.

Managed to stop at a good will I didn't know about today but it was a bust.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #215 on: May 25, 2014, 12:13:45 am »
I had a little luck this weekend.  Hit up a Craigslist find, a couple of thrift stores, and a Game XChange.

I'll start with Craigslist.  I wasn't into it, but my wife really wanted to add another box of useless shit.  I dropped $30 on:
Sears Video Arcade II with both controllers, paddle controllers, an extra 3rd party controller, and 16 games most had manuals.  This is the cleanest looking Atari set I've ever seen.  I guess I'll take it.

The first thrift shop had a stack of loose Genesis games.  I asked if he had any other old video games.  He handed me a Mario/Duck Hunt at no charge.  10 bones wasn't bad
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Sonic 3
Sonic 3D Blast
Arcade Classics
WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game

Next Thrift Shop had a stack of Dreamcast Games for $1.25 each.  Nothing special, but it did had 2 Not for Resale 2K sports games.  I think they came with the black Sports Edition Dreamcast
NBA 2K (Not for Resale)
NFL 2K (Not for Resale)
NFL 2K
MTV Skateboarding

I ended the day in a Game XChange.  It was something around $20 for some NES games I didn't have and Samba De Amigo for Wii (it was a buck!)
Othello
Fisher Price: Perfect Fit
Shooting Range
RoadBlasters

Not a bad day.  It's always a good feeling to find a few NES games I don't have.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #216 on: May 25, 2014, 03:26:32 am »
Got these recently from folks here on vgcollect!

Area 51 arrived today!

This was one of my favorites in the arcades.

Looks and plays great on the CRT I picked up yesterday!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:23:14 pm by dashv »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #217 on: May 25, 2014, 07:34:47 am »
The Boy and I played through Kingdom Hearts together. That was a pretty good time. I was a Sony hater until recently, so I missed Kingdom Hearts until the remix came out. Such a good game.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #218 on: May 25, 2014, 12:22:42 pm »
The Boy and I played through Kingdom Hearts together. That was a pretty good time. I was a Sony hater until recently, so I missed Kingdom Hearts until the remix came out. Such a good game.

I remember when it first came out. I got my wife a PS2 with Kingdom Hearts for Christmas.

She got me a Gamecube with Resident Evil Zero.

Talk about true love. :)

« Reply #219 on: May 25, 2014, 07:51:39 pm »
flea.

my daughter would lose her shit if i found that many skylanders. lol
i cant go in target without her testing everyone

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #220 on: May 25, 2014, 08:02:05 pm »

I remember when it first came out. I got my wife a PS2 with Kingdom Hearts for Christmas.

She got me a Gamecube with Resident Evil Zero.

Talk about true love. :)

Indeed.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2014, 08:13:38 pm »
I just had a first. I found 2 Skylanders at Goodwill. I wondered how long it would take.

They are Chill and Zook. Zook's not just real easy to find.

They were in one of those $3 bags of McDonalds toys.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 08:15:21 pm by turf »

90snostalga

« Reply #222 on: May 26, 2014, 04:29:32 pm »
So my wife is at the pool with the kids and im at home on the computer.  She calls me and wants me to go to the gas station down the street to buy some drinks.  I did not really feel like going, and after arguing, at the end of the day, I ended up doing what she said.  But, I went to the good will before the gas station and found this bad boy for 2.50 fully complete and in great condition 8.5/10!!!!   :D :D :D :D  Thanks wife for making me go get some drinks at the gas station!!

Also, I got Legend of the River King for Game Boy cartridge only at a yard sale for free.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 04:38:26 pm by 90snostalga »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #223 on: May 26, 2014, 04:33:43 pm »

Now the only Tony Hawk game I need is Tony Hawk's Underground 2.

90snostalga

« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2014, 04:37:52 pm »

Now the only Tony Hawk game I need is Tony Hawk's Underground 2.

I've never played 3 but the second in my opinion is the greatest one on the Dreamcast!  I used to have hours of game play of Tony Hawk 2.  The sound track was awesome as well