Author Topic: Change descriptions of subforums  (Read 839 times)

desocietas

Change descriptions of subforums
« on: May 16, 2014, 01:05:53 pm »
Oh, just noticed that we should probably change the description field of the Modern Video Games subforum:
Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP and Modern PC gaming. New fangled contraptions and motion gaming... fiddle-sticks!

::)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Change descriptions of subforums
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 01:32:56 pm »
Good point!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 01:37:27 pm »
I suppose it is about time 3DS, XBone, PS4, and WiiU were added....  On a related note, when does one drop last gen from the race?  When gamestop decides to stop carrying them~?  That is about a purest answer that I can think of....

soera

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 01:40:07 pm »
Yeah those need to be added. As far as when gen would change, that would probably be a fitting answer or at least when Wal-Mart/Best buy stop carrying them.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 01:45:10 pm »
Yeah those need to be added. As far as when gen would change, that would probably be a fitting answer or at least when Wal-Mart/Best buy stop carrying them.

The only issue I have with that is they will carry stuff until it sells....  I saw gamecube games at a walmart even this past holiday season near me still....  Granted they were crap....  Gamestop will run there buy 2 get 1, and buy 1 get 1 subsequently then shift all stock to a few specific stores until it is all gone....  So the majority of locations will clear out all of their stuff in the same week....  This makes it easier to judge a specific time when it is "Dead" as a current platform....  Also, right after Gamestop ceases carrying a platform is when, traditionally, the prices for rarer games on said console start to rise....  I remember the holiday season when Gamecube games all basically doubled due to that....

scott

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 01:56:39 pm »
Ya, I need to do that. If I can remember how to get into the back end of the forum. :\
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 02:19:00 pm »
Ya, I need to do that. If I can remember how to get into the back end of the forum. :\

Look me up on Steam and I'll help you.

scott

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 04:43:24 pm »
It'll have to be tomorrow, it's anniversary night tonight so I won't be online.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread