Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 236032 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #1020 on: May 05, 2016, 12:35:06 pm »
October's my birthday month

SO,

there probably won't be anything coming out

But

October does seem to be the month for the most homicides and massacres...

...Go figure
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #1021 on: May 05, 2016, 03:08:27 pm »
So how're folks feeling about that new Persona 5 trailer? Eh? No Western release date yet, but they did confirm that P5 will be at E3 *excite*

If anything, I'm happy that it most likely won't be coming out 2 weeks before FFXV here.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #1022 on: May 06, 2016, 10:32:53 am »
So how're folks feeling about that new Persona 5 trailer? Eh? No Western release date yet, but they did confirm that P5 will be at E3 *excite*

If anything, I'm happy that it most likely won't be coming out 2 weeks before FFXV here.

I'm both excited and a bit disappointed since we're most likely not getting it before 2017. But it's great to know that it's due to be complete soon-ish!  :)

argyle

« Reply #1023 on: May 06, 2016, 11:39:02 am »

I'm not watching any more trailers for it, not like I need to be sold on it anyway. :P And I would be so sure about the release date - didn't they say at one point that they were looking at a simultaneous worldwide release? It's possible at any rate that they're doing that and just waiting to announce for the US until next month.

I think it's a bad idea on their part to release that close to FFXV anywhere, but then I don't work for Atlus.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

argyle

« Reply #1024 on: May 06, 2016, 08:44:45 pm »
Anyone here deal with AmiAmi, especially in regards to figures? If so shoot me a PM - I have a few questions. :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

kashell

« Reply #1025 on: May 09, 2016, 01:53:34 pm »
MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death is headed to North America and Europe this fall. I just got an email announcement from Iffy's Newsletter.

It'll be on the Vita; physical and digital options. It sounds like another dungeon crawler, but the all-female cast has me slightly curious.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 11:45:08 am by kashell »

argyle

« Reply #1026 on: May 10, 2016, 11:28:11 am »
Small update this week - the calm before the storm.

BTW, if anyone here is interested in Grand Kingdom but on the fence, I put some time into the beta this past weekend and I *love* it. Gorgeous game & very fun combat system. I can't wait for the full game! :)

desocietas

« Reply #1027 on: May 10, 2016, 01:46:11 pm »
Small update this week - the calm before the storm.

BTW, if anyone here is interested in Grand Kingdom but on the fence, I put some time into the beta this past weekend and I *love* it. Gorgeous game & very fun combat system. I can't wait for the full game! :)

Yup, it's available until this afternoon, I think. A lot of fun! I got the Grand Edition but was curious if I'd like it. After playing the beta, I was surprised that I was really digging it and am considering maybe getting it for the Vita *also,* because it seems like a great game to have on a portable system.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #1028 on: May 16, 2016, 10:14:38 am »
Yo-Kai Watch 2 (3DS) is releasing in North America on September 30th. The two versions will be known as Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls. No word on a European release yet.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #1029 on: May 16, 2016, 11:54:56 am »
Yo-Kai Watch 2 (3DS) is releasing in North America on September 30th. The two versions will be known as Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls. No word on a European release yet.

Nice! Of course, as excited as I was about the first one at one point I still haven't picked it up, and....wait.  Did you say Sept. 30th?  :o

Oh man, I needed that. :P

In other news - this is for the Japanese fighting game fans among us. Any thoughts on the upcoming One Piece: Burning Blood? That CE is calling my name, especially since Bamco dropped their ridiculous shipping fee on it & instead gave it free overnight shipping. But is the game itself gonna be worth it?

desocietas

« Reply #1030 on: May 16, 2016, 01:42:31 pm »

Nice! Of course, as excited as I was about the first one at one point I still haven't picked it up, and....wait.  Did you say Sept. 30th?  :o

Oh man, I needed that. :P

I know, right? I'm surprised that any other company is risking releasing something on that date.  Maybe they figure the kiddie crowd won't have anything to play...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #1031 on: May 16, 2016, 02:06:10 pm »
I know, right? I'm surprised that any other company is risking releasing something on that date.  Maybe they figure the kiddie crowd won't have anything to play...

Yeah, I guess. It's just weird. I mean, I know it's a different platform and a younger target audience, but at the same time as we've already established here JRPGs in the West are a niche anyway. Why release directly up against the biggest release this year in the genre?  ??? :P

argyle

« Reply #1032 on: May 17, 2016, 06:20:05 pm »
Updated!

A few new additions this week along with some previously missing box art.

kashell

« Reply #1033 on: May 20, 2016, 04:13:45 pm »
I buckled. I decided to go with the limited edition of Star Ocean 5. I'm glad that Star Ocean finally got a limited edition and hopefully this little extra bit of support will help them create a Star Ocean 6.

desocietas

« Reply #1034 on: May 20, 2016, 08:25:14 pm »
I buckled. I decided to go with the limited edition of Star Ocean 5. I'm glad that Star Ocean finally got a limited edition and hopefully this little extra bit of support will help them create a Star Ocean 6.

I'm there with you. Throwing  my money at it and hoping that it sticks for the franchise.

If only Capcom would let me throw money at a physical version of The Great Ace Attorney or the digital-only Phoenix Wright games.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas