Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226623 times)

abe

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2014, 04:25:52 pm »
The Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix (PS3) has been announced to be released in NA on December 2nd, Europe gets it on the 5th (only a couple months after the Japanese release).
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2014, 04:51:52 pm »
I'm going to say anything involving Disney is not niche.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2014, 05:22:12 pm »

Disney + Final Fantasy is sorta niche? :-\ Eeeeh, it's a stretch, but it doesn't matter to me anyways. I've never had any interest in KH. I didn't know where else to post it anyways. It's your thread, do what you want about it. :)

argyle

« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2014, 07:04:49 pm »

Disney + Final Fantasy is sorta niche? :-\ Eeeeh, it's a stretch, but it doesn't matter to me anyways. I've never had any interest in KH. I didn't know where else to post it anyways. It's your thread, do what you want about it. :)

Hey, not like I'm insulted or anything.  :P  I'm not a big KH fan either, they're good but the only one I've actually finished is the first one.  The one on PSP was excellent tho.  You play as 3 different characters, I beat it with one & played half-way through the second.  So I'm very interested in playing it in HD.  :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

karyann

« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2014, 02:35:28 pm »

I don't know if it's because of Disney, but I wouldn't think KH is really niche either. Final Fantasy is pretty much THE RPG everybody knows (at least in my area), so it doesn't really make it more niche to me :P Not trying to start an argument or anything; just giving my point of view! "Niche" is not easily defined anyway.

That aside, I'm excited for 2.5 Remix! I hope we at least get the bundle option with the Sora action figure. Japan gets 6 different bundles for this game, which is pretty crazy!

argyle

« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2014, 11:48:00 pm »
NISA Limited Editions Stock Update:

Fairy Fencer F - < 25% !
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited - < 25% !
Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star - < 50%

I put down a "just in case" preorder for Fairy Fencer F.  I'm leaning towards "no", but I want to be able to decide when the release gets closer. 

abe

« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2014, 11:50:34 pm »

Fairy Fencer F - < 25% !

I put down a "just in case" preorder for Fairy Fencer F.  I'm leaning towards "no", but I want to be able to decide when the release gets closer.

It sure took a long time for that Disgaea 4 LE to get down to 25%, I wonder why... :P

argyle

« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2014, 11:53:51 pm »

Fairy Fencer F - < 25% !

It sure took a long time for that Disgaea 4 LE to get down to 25%, I wonder why... :P

Hehe, I haven't been the least bit tempted by that one.  ;)  Actually, I've decided just to continue getting the Disgaea games for the PS3, because I don't care about the DLC and would rather play them on the big screen (if I ever get around to playing them at all... :P). 

abe

« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2014, 06:22:27 am »

Fairy Fencer F - < 25% !

Hehe, I haven't been the least bit tempted by that one.  ;)  Actually, I've decided just to continue getting the Disgaea games for the PS3, because I don't care about the DLC and would rather play them on the big screen (if I ever get around to playing them at all... :P).

Even if you don't care about the DLC, the Vita versions of 3 & 4 have additional characters (that aren't DLC) that are added to the main story. Rutile & Stella Grossular (yay mineral names!) were added to Disgaea 3's Vita port, and Sister Artina & Nagi Clockwork were added to Disgaea 4's Vita port. The Vita port of 4 also adds in a lot of features from Disgaea D2. If you really want to play them on the TV, I'm sure you'll be able to play them on the Playstation TV after it comes to North America. :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:27:36 am by abe »

argyle

« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2014, 10:48:35 am »
I won't say I'll never pickup the Vita versions, but I'll have to find them really cheap.  I never could get into the Disgaea series.  :-[

Brand new Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate trailer! :D

argyle

« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2014, 12:03:35 pm »
Man, this Fall is going to kill me.  They just announed a special edition of Samurai Warriors 4 for the PS4 that includes the anime on blu-ray and a soundtrack cd in special packaging.  No price yet, but looks awesome:

Samurai Warriors 4 on PS4

EDIT:  Also, the PS4 version of Akiba's Trip just got announced for the US sometime "this holiday season".  Good of them to announce it before the PS3 version released.  :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:53:29 pm by argyle »

abe

« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2014, 10:59:55 pm »
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds is coming to the PS Vita on the PSN in NA next Tuesday (July 29th). It's going to cost a whole $12, woo. Makise Kurisu (from Steins;Gate) will also be available as a DLC character (maybe at launch... I think) for $6. I'm not too sure I want to spend $6 extra just for one character, whether I like Steins;Gate or not.

Official English Trailer (way more lame than the Japanese trailer)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:03:07 pm by abe »

soera

« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2014, 01:59:53 pm »
I dont care if its niche or not. This is my future. :)

http://rpgfan.com/news/2014/1792.html

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2014, 03:17:36 pm »
I dont care if its niche or not. This is my future. :)

http://rpgfan.com/news/2014/1792.html

In a cruel & (completely hypothetical:) future...you *must* choose between getting a sequel for:

a). Ni No Kuni or

b). Bravely Default  :o

By choosing one...you doom the other & guarantee that the other will never get a sequel ==>

==> Soera says: _____?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2014, 03:58:20 pm »
I'm looking forward to seeing more about Natural Doctrine. Looks pretty good so far.

As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.