Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226619 times)

argyle

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2014, 11:26:15 pm »
ooooOOOOoooo :D

per Gematsu:

NIS America is teasing a physical version of its upcoming htoL #NiQ: The Firefly Diary for PS Vita.

“Would a physical release of htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary brighten your day?” the publisher teased on Facebook.

The puzzle platformer was confirmed for localization earlier this month via PlayStation Network this fall.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/07/nis-america-teases-physical-firefly-diary-release#esOGO3eg7MYpkkkH.99
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2014, 12:39:19 am »

argyle

« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2014, 09:32:30 am »
Updated.  After watching that Tears to Tiara trailer, I was trying to find out if it shared any art direction w/ the Tales of series.  I couldn't find anything, but the logo, character design & just general look/feel of that opening screams "Tales" to me. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

argyle

« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2014, 11:19:14 am »
Hrm, I'm gonna call this one niche:

Digimon All-Star Rumble announced for PS3 and Xbox 360
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/07/digimon-star-rumble-announced-ps3-xbox-360#emsKVssvVygiq0Tp.99

abe

« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2014, 03:33:13 pm »
Hrm, I'm gonna call this one niche:

Digimon All-Star Rumble announced for PS3 and Xbox 360
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/07/digimon-star-rumble-announced-ps3-xbox-360#emsKVssvVygiq0Tp.99

If only they would announce Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth for localization instead. :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2014, 05:33:07 pm »
2 new trailers:

htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary Official Trailer

The Awakened Fate Ultimatum™ Official English Trailer

EDIT:  Er, I guess the Firefly trailer isn't new, but the AFU one definitely is.  :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 05:41:12 pm by argyle »

argyle

« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2014, 06:10:59 pm »
Busy news day!  Tenkai Knights: Brave Battle was given a release date of Oct. 7 & a Target-exclusive LE was announced:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/31/tenkai-knights-brave-battle-limited-edition-announced/

soera

« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2014, 01:14:23 am »
I checked out the Firefly a few days ago. It looks neat.

argyle

« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2014, 10:36:41 pm »
Huh.  Well, that's interesting.  ???

NIS America has delayed the release of Natural Doctrine one week and pushed Fairy Fencer F forward one week, trading their release dates.

Natural Doctrine, previously set for release on September 16 and 19 in North America and Europe, will now launch on September 23 in North America and September 26 in Europe. It will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita.

Fairy Fencer F, previously set for release on September 23 and 26 in North America and Europe, will now launch on September 16 in North America and September 19 in Europe. It will be available for PlayStation 3.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/08/natural-doctrine-fairy-fencer-f-trade-release-dates#si50IK8ZM0SqShfL.99

abe

« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2014, 10:49:15 pm »

NIS America has delayed the release of Natural Doctrine one week and pushed Fairy Fencer F forward one week, trading their release dates.

Natural Doctrine, previously set for release on September 16 and 19 in North America and Europe, will now launch on September 23 in North America and September 26 in Europe. It will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita.

Fairy Fencer F, previously set for release on September 23 and 26 in North America and Europe, will now launch on September 16 in North America and September 19 in Europe. It will be available for PlayStation 3.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/08/natural-doctrine-fairy-fencer-f-trade-release-dates#si50IK8ZM0SqShfL.99

We get to have Fairy Fencer a week earlier now? Can't complain about that. :) (Especially because I don't particularly care about Natural Doctrine)

argyle

« Reply #175 on: August 01, 2014, 10:57:16 pm »

We get to have Fairy Fencer a week earlier now? Can't complain about that. :) (Especially because I don't particularly care about Natural Doctrine)

Well I'll still be playing Destiny then regardless, so it doesn't matter much to me.   :P

abe

« Reply #176 on: August 01, 2014, 11:27:34 pm »

Well I'll still be playing Destiny then regardless, so it doesn't matter much to me.   :P

Since I'm in Canada, I probably won't get Fairy Fencer from NIS America's store in the mail until a week after it releases. That means I'll probably be hooked on Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call by the time it arrives in the mail. ;D At least I get to get my mitts on that purdy Limited Edition a bit earlier now. :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2014, 11:01:15 am »
Apparently (according to a message left by GS yesterday), Akiba's Trip will be releasing a day earlier than the previously announced release date since the message was a reminder to pick it up Tuesday morning (instead of Wednesday).
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #178 on: August 04, 2014, 11:10:34 am »
Apparently (according to a message left by GS yesterday), Akiba's Trip will be releasing a day earlier than the previously announced release date since the message was a reminder to pick it up Tuesday morning (instead of Wednesday).

It was originally supposed to be released tomorrow though. Games on Sony's platforms always release on Tuesdays in North America, since that's when the Playstation Store is supposed to update. Maybe I'm not understanding your post. ???

argyle

« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2014, 11:16:45 am »
From what I understand, Akiba's Trip was originally supposed to come out tomorrow but was pushed back, but apparently many people are getting the automated call to pick it up tomorrow from GS because they suck at updating things.  :P  In other words, I wouldn't go out of my way to get to a GS tomorrow if the only reason for your trip is to pick that game up.  ;)