Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 228267 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2014, 05:39:35 pm »
From what I understand, Akiba's Trip was originally supposed to come out tomorrow but was pushed back, but apparently many people are getting the automated call to pick it up tomorrow from GS because they suck at updating things.  :P  In other words, I wouldn't go out of my way to get to a GS tomorrow if the only reason for your trip is to pick that game up.  ;)

Good advice!

Now it's getting even stranger, though - *NOW* GS (and several other sites that I've checked) are all listing its release date as 8/12 (for the PS3 version) and December (for the PS4 version)  :-\

Seriously folks...WTF?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2014, 06:45:31 pm »
From what I understand, Akiba's Trip was originally supposed to come out tomorrow but was pushed back, but apparently many people are getting the automated call to pick it up tomorrow from GS because they suck at updating things.  :P  In other words, I wouldn't go out of my way to get to a GS tomorrow if the only reason for your trip is to pick that game up.  ;)

Good advice!

Now it's getting even stranger, though - *NOW* GS (and several other sites that I've checked) are all listing its release date as 8/12 (for the PS3 version) and December (for the PS4 version)  :-\

Seriously folks...WTF?!

Yeah, that's correct - it's coming out next week for PS3/Vita, and a date hasn't been given for the PS4 yet beyond "holiday '14" - so anything they say about that is a placeholder. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

argyle

« Reply #182 on: August 06, 2014, 07:55:52 pm »
New multiplayer trailer for Natural Doctrine.  Gotta say, this is the first thing I've seen on the game that actually looks interesting.  The card thing especially, would like to know more about that.

I just hate the art direction of this game.  Looks really bland & generic. 

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #183 on: August 06, 2014, 10:43:35 pm »
New multiplayer trailer for Natural Doctrine.  Gotta say, this is the first thing I've seen on the game that actually looks interesting.  The card thing especially, would like to know more about that.

I just hate the art direction of this game.  Looks really bland & generic. 

The game hasn't done too much to make it stand out. Even the boxart is bland and boring. The one thing that stands out the most for me is that the title is stylized as NAtURAL DOCtRINE.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #184 on: August 06, 2014, 11:14:14 pm »
My biggest weakness is a card game.  Culdcept is one of my all-time favorite games.  So yeah, that'll probably be enough to get me to bite at release.  ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #185 on: August 07, 2014, 10:09:04 am »
My biggest weakness is a card game.  Culdcept is one of my all-time favorite games.  So yeah, that'll probably be enough to get me to bite at release.  ;)

Have you played/liked the Baten Kaitos Gamecube games?

Eye of Judgement for the PS3?

argyle

« Reply #186 on: August 07, 2014, 10:38:19 am »
I really enjoyed the first BK - never finished it tho (got really close, I forget what happened).  I've never played the second - both of those are Gamecube games I'm looking to pick up.

Eye of Judgement was fun, but the camera stuff was unnecessary really and I never played it a ton because it was a pain to setup. 

Phantasy Star Online Ep. III was an awesome card-based game too, and criminally overlooked IMO. 

abe

« Reply #187 on: August 09, 2014, 06:46:55 am »
Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!! releases September 23rd, alongside a million other things I want. I still can't find it up for preorder anywhere in Canada either. :'(
The North American versions of both the PS3 & Vita version will have nifty reversible cover art.

argyle

« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2014, 02:59:34 pm »
Neptunia Rebirth LE announced, with special circumstances:

abe

« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2014, 04:52:33 pm »
Neptunia Rebirth LE announced, with special circumstances:

Good news, I wonder how fast they'll sell out. It's nice to know how many will be available.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (PS3 & Vita) has been given a release date for North America of November 18th. It releases in Europe on November 21st.

argyle

« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2014, 08:38:35 am »
Yeah I was going to wait on that one, but I'll bite if I can snag one of those. 

BTW, Amazon has the PS4 version of Natrual Doctrine marked down to $40, and it still comes w/ a $10 credit.  Not bad at all. :D

http://www.amazon.com/NAtURAL-DOCtRINE-PlayStation-4/dp/B00K5UZMJO/ref=sr_1_1_title_0?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1407933170&sr=1-1&keywords=natural+doctrine

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2014, 09:19:57 am »
I'm surprised that the Neptunia LE is not being handled by N1...anyone know why?

abe

« Reply #192 on: August 13, 2014, 11:20:12 am »
I'm surprised that the Neptunia LE is not being handled by N1...anyone know why?

Because HDN Re;Birth 1 is being published by Idea Factory International, rather than NIS America this time.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #193 on: August 13, 2014, 11:46:02 am »

Because HDN Re;Birth 1 is being published by Idea Factory International, rather than NIS America this time.

Is this a 1st?

I mean, has IF self-published other games before?

argyle

« Reply #194 on: August 13, 2014, 12:03:29 pm »
They just opened their US branch earlier this year, so they've published a couple so far I believe.  Couldn't tell you what they are tho.