Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 228590 times)

abe

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2014, 12:13:06 pm »
They just opened their US branch earlier this year, so they've published a couple so far I believe.  Couldn't tell you what they are tho.

They've published Monster Monpiece in NA and Europe so far. Not sure if they've published other stuff yet. Aksys has still been publishing Hakuoki, and NIS America has continued publishing some of their other stuff.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #196 on: August 18, 2014, 12:40:37 pm »
Did some overdue updating to the OP, everything should be correct now according to the info I could find.  No newly announced games AFAIK. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2014, 05:26:40 pm »
Blazblue: Clone Phantasma is being released in the 3DS eShop this Thursday. The game will cost $5.99.
The game's website can be accessed here: http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/arcstyle/overseas/blazblue/eng/index.html

Freedom Wars for the PS Vita has also been given a release date of October 28th in North America.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:18:30 am by abe »

abe

« Reply #198 on: August 19, 2014, 10:21:32 am »
Big news! Yokai Watch (3DS) has finally been announced for localization! ;D According to Level-5, it is to be released some time next year.

argyle

« Reply #199 on: August 19, 2014, 10:39:59 am »
Yay!  ;D

I also read about that Freedom Wars release date this morning, but then I got sidetracked and forgot to update it.  Stupid work.  :P
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2014, 10:48:15 pm »
Mighty Gunvolt has been announced for a North American release. It's a 3DS download only crossover thingie with playable characters from Azure Striker Gunvolt, Mighty No. 9, and Galgun. The game is done in a retro style that resembles one of the older 8-Bit Mega Man games. The game will be free to those who buy Azure Striker Gunvolt game from its release date up until the 28th of November of this year. After you buy Azure Striker Gunvolt from the 3DS eShop, you'll be sent the download code for Mighty Gunvolt. It isn't planned as a standalone title for North America yet (it will be eventually in Japan), but it sure is a neat little bonus if you plan on buying Gunvolt. :)

« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2014, 11:03:45 am »
Anyone know if Ar noSurge Plus is going to be released in the U.S.?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #202 on: August 25, 2014, 09:26:08 am »

Plus?

the vanilla version hasn't even been released here yet   :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #203 on: August 25, 2014, 11:12:22 am »

Plus?

NIS America tweeted a teaser of the Ar noSurge logo blurred out. The tweet was made well after Ar noSurge was announced for a U.S. release.
Also, Ar noSurge Plus is simply a vita port of Ar noSurge. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #204 on: August 25, 2014, 02:00:34 pm »

Plus?

NIS America tweeted a teaser of the Ar noSurge logo blurred out. The tweet was made well after Ar noSurge was announced for a U.S. release.
Also, Ar noSurge Plus is simply a vita port of Ar noSurge. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything.

Ah, I gotcha'

I don't use/follow any social media so, I'm not surprised that this is the 1st that I'm hearing of it.

Did JP get a Plus/Vita version of it?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #205 on: August 26, 2014, 09:17:23 am »

Plus?

Ah, I gotcha'

I don't use/follow any social media so, I'm not surprised that this is the 1st that I'm hearing of it.

Did JP get a Plus/Vita version of it?

Yes but it hasn't come out yet. It comes out October 2.

argyle

« Reply #206 on: August 26, 2014, 09:24:58 am »
I was hoping for a Ciel no Surge announcement instead.  Don't really care to have 2 versions of ANS, and I'd much rather play a JRPG on the TV than a portable. 

EDIT:  I also see that the Neptunia Rebirth LE didn't last long.  Kinda glad, that removes that temptation.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:46:48 am by argyle »

argyle

« Reply #207 on: August 28, 2014, 10:28:22 am »
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation coming to North America and Europe

http://gematsu.com/2014/08/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth-2-sisters-generation-coming-north-america-europe#Xp5zqkxwFvzY6j1f.99

abe

« Reply #208 on: September 02, 2014, 05:28:01 pm »
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation coming to North America and Europe

http://gematsu.com/2014/08/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth-2-sisters-generation-coming-north-america-europe#Xp5zqkxwFvzY6j1f.99

Awesome, I was wondering when IF was going to get around to that. Hopefully they'll announce a localization for the two spinoffs we don't have yet, and HDN Victory II. :) Too bad I missed out on the LE for Re;Birth 1. :'(

argyle

« Reply #209 on: September 03, 2014, 07:00:29 am »
Natural Doctrine was pushed back another week, it's now releasing on the 30th of this month.