Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 228445 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #240 on: September 23, 2014, 11:11:07 am »
Thinking that I might cancel my PS4 Natural Doctrine LE & just pick up (what looks like) it could very well be the 1st game that I actually *play* on my PS4...game-only somewhere around its release date.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #241 on: September 23, 2014, 11:19:28 am »
Thinking that I might cancel my PS4 Natural Doctrine LE & just pick up (what looks like) it could very well be the 1st game that I actually *play* on my PS4...game-only somewhere around its release date.

Amazon is offering a $10 credit if you preorder ND.  For a while they actually had the PS4 version listed at $40, which is when I locked mine in, but the $10 still probably makes it the best deal on it at release. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #242 on: September 23, 2014, 02:22:55 pm »

Amazon is offering a $10 credit if you preorder ND.  For a while they actually had the PS4 version listed at $40, which is when I locked mine in, but the $10 still probably makes it the best deal on it at release.

Thanks, Greg  ;D

My only other consideration is that, once I receive my 2 Ar no Surge LE's - I'll  have somewhere between $40 and $50 worth of N1 store credit; the only good thing about them releasing + me spending so much so close together = that those store credits add up so quickly   8)

Some of you other guys must be rolling in some pretty decent amounts of N1 store credits by now too; no?

abe

« Reply #243 on: September 24, 2014, 07:46:00 am »
Croixleur Sigma, a hack n slash, is coming to the PS4... eventually. The game is due out later this year in Japan, and according to the publisher a western release is coming "as soon as possible". No idea if it's a physical or digital release yet, I have a feeling it'll be digital only though.
The game's official website is here--> http://croixleur.com/
Here's a trailer for the Steam version that's already out.

Some of you other guys must be rolling in some pretty decent amounts of N1 store credits by now too; no?

Yeah, a whole $5. :P
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #244 on: September 24, 2014, 08:04:12 am »
^

You must use them as soon as you get them then, huh?

Me - I like to save em' up until I have enough for a game/LE (or at least really close to enough:)

abe

« Reply #245 on: September 24, 2014, 08:17:58 am »
^

You must use them as soon as you get them then, huh?

Me - I like to save em' up until I have enough for a game/LE (or at least really close to enough:)

Yeah, I usually use them up on my next order. My last one went towards the Fairy Fencer F LE. This one might go towards a wall scroll or somethin'. Not sure this time, since NISA hasn't announced any new fancy limited editions in a while.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #246 on: September 24, 2014, 08:31:03 am »
kinda sorta on topic, I finally got my shipping confirmation e-mail for my Ar no Surge LE's last night...wouldn't be surprised to see em in today or tomorrow's mail  ;D

argyle

« Reply #247 on: September 24, 2014, 10:50:23 am »
Croixleur Sigma, a hack n slash, is coming to the PS4... eventually. The game is due out later this year in Japan, and according to the publisher a western release is coming "as soon as possible". No idea if it's a physical or digital release yet, I have a feeling it'll be digital only though.
The game's official website is here--> http://croixleur.com/
Here's a trailer for the Steam version that's already out.

Yeah, a whole $5. :P

Thanks, added! :) Combat looks fun, but if all the game is is fighting in round arenas it will probably be a pass for me. 

And I have a whopping $5 in NISA coupons too.  :P
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

davifus

« Reply #248 on: September 24, 2014, 11:47:00 am »
I'm in the $5 club too
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

soera

« Reply #249 on: September 24, 2014, 03:22:38 pm »

abe

« Reply #250 on: September 26, 2014, 08:03:19 pm »
Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day (PS3) releases in North America on the PSN next week on September 30th. It's a side-scrolling platformer thing directed by Suda51. It's already out in Europe, plus they've got a physical copy if you'd prefer to not buy digitally (I'm sure I'm not alone on that).

Here's a Japanese trailer.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 08:07:03 pm by abe »

davifus

« Reply #251 on: September 26, 2014, 08:12:41 pm »
Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day (PS3) releases in North America on the PSN next week on September 30th. It's a side-scrolling platformer thing directed by Suda51. It's already out in Europe, plus they've got a physical copy if you'd prefer to not buy digitally (I'm sure I'm not alone on that).

Thanks, Will pick up soon

Amazon has it for around $32. I dont know If there is only regular version for this or not.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #252 on: September 26, 2014, 09:16:27 pm »

Amazon has it for around $32. I dont know If there is only regular version for this or not.

I've only seen standard versions for sale for all 3 regions that have gotten physical copies (Japan, Asia, & Europe). I'm assuming there either isn't one or it sold out long ago.

argyle

« Reply #253 on: September 26, 2014, 10:09:27 pm »

I've only seen standard versions for sale for all 3 regions that have gotten physical copies (Japan, Asia, & Europe). I'm assuming there either isn't one or it sold out long ago.

Hrm, I may have to import this myself - I have most if not all of Suda's other stuff anyway.  I'll have a $10 gift cert coming next week from my Amazon preorder of Natural Doctrine, this might be just the thing to put it on.  :)

abe

« Reply #254 on: October 07, 2014, 08:29:00 pm »
The Legend of Dark Witch for the 3DS on the eShop has been announced for localization in North America. It's a 2D action platformer type thing. The game releases next Thursday, the 16th of October and will cost $3.99. For that price, it's pretty tempting.

Here's the trailer: