Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226585 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #270 on: October 17, 2014, 12:34:16 pm »
I think that Kashell likes GG too Argyle...if you're looking for multiplayer  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #271 on: October 17, 2014, 05:27:23 pm »
I think that Kashell likes GG too Argyle...if you're looking for multiplayer  ;)

The thing is, I SUCK. ;) I am super-casual at fighting games.

BTW, why didn't any of you bums tell me about the new Level 5 game, Fantasy Life, that's coming out for the 3DS next week???  :o >:( :P

That looks awesome!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #272 on: October 17, 2014, 06:08:05 pm »

The thing is, I SUCK. ;) I am super-casual at fighting games.

I really love Guilty Gear, but I also suck at fighting games. If you want to play casually with somebody after you pick it up I wouldn't mind having a game with you. :)

Thanks Abe - looks like something I'd like too.

Know if it's PSTV compatible?

I have no idea. It's not on Sony's official PSTV compatibility list yet (it's pretty up to date). I'm not sure if they put upcoming stuff on there too, or if it's only current releases though. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 isn't up there yet, I kinda have a bad feeling that it won't be. Can't say for sure though.

Here's the compatibility list I use: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5376
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 06:14:14 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #273 on: October 18, 2014, 08:29:14 am »
BTW, why didn't any of you bums tell me about the new Level 5 game, Fantasy Life, that's coming out for the 3DS next week???  :o >:( :P

Funny that you mention that Fantasy Life game  :o

The 1st that I saw or heard of it was yesterday- when I finished reading the latest issue of GI.

I say "finished" because...the add for it was *literally* on one of the very last pages of the magazine; SMH at the complete lack of marketing all around = no posters/displays at GS either  :-\ 

Despite the transparent hope of customers (or parents and grandparents shopping for gifts) seeing the cover/box art and the prominent use & display of the word "Fantasy" + the strategy (ploy/desperation(?)) of releasing it after folks have started thinking about/shopping for gifts --But-- not close enough to and/or in competition with any of the more 'real' & 'serious' "true" holiday blockbuster/major releases...I must admit that the game has piqued my interest & that I'll most likely get in a GS pre-order for it sometime today or tomorrow.

What...you wanna make something of it?  ;)

Just cuz I'm getting (admittedly & assuredly undeserved) love, loot, + generosity for my B-Day the day after this releases...doesn't mean that there's anything wrong w/ me treating myself to yet *another* B-Day gift to myself; right?

...right?

...right?

...right ?

Right?!  :P

desocietas

« Reply #274 on: October 19, 2014, 01:52:31 pm »

That looks awesome!

Haha, I just assumed everyone knew because I think it was in some of the Nintendo Direct videos or something.  The game does look amazing, though I figure I'll have to wait on it because 1. I can't stream it right now and 2. it doesn't have any sort of incentive for pre-order/day 1 purchase :P  That's my only criteria at the moment holding me back from buying *everything* this Fall.

So Fantasy Life will def be a purchase in the future, but I don't *have* to have it right now :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #275 on: October 20, 2014, 12:46:27 pm »
Nifty neato, Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (PS3) has been announced for a release in North America & Europe in 2015.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #276 on: October 20, 2014, 12:52:46 pm »
Nifty neato, Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (PS3) has been announced for a release in North America & Europe in 2015.

On it!

argyle

« Reply #277 on: October 20, 2014, 01:00:11 pm »

Added, thanks!

And I've been looking for a new handheld game so it was perfect timing for me on Fantasty Life. After the $25 Amazon credit I had it's only costing me $15 out of pocket, so that's a win. :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

davifus

« Reply #278 on: October 20, 2014, 01:37:05 pm »

was hoping for Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky but... close enough  :'(
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #279 on: October 20, 2014, 02:02:12 pm »

was hoping for Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky but... close enough  :'(\

Say whaaat  :o

Escha + Logy has been out (in NA) for awhile now...

argyle

« Reply #280 on: October 20, 2014, 02:11:10 pm »

was hoping for Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky but... close enough  :'(\

Yeah, I was confused about that as well.  ???

davifus

« Reply #281 on: October 20, 2014, 02:38:58 pm »

Yeah, I was confused about that as well.  ???

Sorry, I meant Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky Plus. The Vita version that was recently announced in Japan. Not the PS3 version

source: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/20/heres-look-atelier-escha-logy-plus-playstation-vita/

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #282 on: October 20, 2014, 03:05:12 pm »
I've never played any of the "Plus" versions (well, I have & I've played the 1st couple of hours of Rorona + on the PS3) of the Atelier games; so I've never played any of the Vita's "Plus" versions.

How are they?

Now that I can play my Vita games on the HDTV and using a DS3 or DS4 controller, I may re-think buying/replaying games that I've already played that have been significantly improved & polished and/or have had a considerable amount of new content added to them.

Speaking of...

I've played (and enjoyed) both Persona 3 & Persona 4 on the PS2.

I have (but haven't even started Persona 4: Golden for my Vita); who here has played it?

I'm thinking that, since I enjoyed Persona 4 on the PS2 so much + since enough years have gone by since I played it, that it could feel 'fresh' again...that maybe I'll break-in my PSTV with the game.

Anyone know:

- What's different about/been added to the Vita game from the PS2 game?

- How's it look for trophies/platinum; easy/difficult, long/short, etc. and

- Anything else about it that you liked, didn't like, and/or just think is worth a mention?

davifus

« Reply #283 on: October 20, 2014, 03:37:56 pm »
I've never played any of the "Plus" versions (well, I have & I've played the 1st couple of hours of Rorona + on the PS3) of the Atelier games; so I've never played any of the Vita's "Plus" versions.

How are they?

Now that I can play my Vita games on the HDTV and using a DS3 or DS4 controller, I may re-think buying/replaying games that I've already played that have been significantly improved & polished and/or have had a considerable amount of new content added to them.

Speaking of...

I have (but haven't even started Persona 4: Golden for my Vita); who here has played it?

I'm thinking that, since I enjoyed Persona 4 on the PS2 so much + since enough years have gone by since I played it, that it could feel 'fresh' again...that maybe I'll break-in my PSTV with the game.

Anyone know:

- Anything else about it that you liked, didn't like, and/or just think is worth a mention?

I haven't play any Plus version ether but I would like it to be Escha & Logy.

P4G is so much better than P4. Better everything and new things.
>2 new Social Link
> New soundtrack
> New Difficulties
> Teddie & Chie VA changed which I have mixed feelings for.
> More animated Scene, More Persona, New Area, New events
>ETC ETC ETC

abe

« Reply #284 on: October 20, 2014, 03:56:06 pm »

How are they?

Speaking of...

Anyone know:

Trophy-wise, P4G will take you a while. They're not particularly difficult trophies to get (mostly), but it isn't possible to plat P4G in one playthrough. You'll need to play the game at least twice in order to get all the trophies, and I've heard it can take more than 100 hours to get the plat. I haven't gotten the plat, but I did really enjoy the game.