Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226660 times)

abe

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #285 on: October 21, 2014, 09:06:12 am »
Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit for the PS Vita has been given a release date of November 11th in North America. The game will be digital only, unfortunately.  :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #286 on: October 21, 2014, 03:16:52 pm »
Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit for the PS Vita has been given a release date of November 11th in North America. The game will be digital only, unfortunately.  :(

Damn, might as well import it.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #287 on: November 04, 2014, 12:56:13 pm »
Looks like it might be fun  ;D

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/730639-tokyo-twilight-ghost-hunters

Edit:

I fogot to mention that - not only does it look like this will be getting both PS3 and Vita releases in NA -

but:

as far as I can see...it'll be the same MSRP (of $40) for both platforms; that's odd, isn't it?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 03:01:03 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #288 on: November 05, 2014, 06:32:07 am »
Looks like it might be fun  ;D

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/730639-tokyo-twilight-ghost-hunters

Edit:

I fogot to mention that - not only does it look like this will be getting both PS3 and Vita releases in NA -

but:

as far as I can see...it'll be the same MSRP (of $40) for both platforms; that's odd, isn't it?

It's not that odd. Akiba's Trip, Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!! and XBlaze were all the same way. Their PS3 and Vita versions cost the same amount when they released. I'm sure there's a few more examples too.

It does look pretty fun. I look forward to its release. :)

argyle

« Reply #289 on: November 05, 2014, 04:21:53 pm »
Updated the OP with a lot of new release dates I pulled from Gamestop. They are usually fairly reliable when it's not an obvious placeholder date, and these don't appear to be.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

argyle

« Reply #290 on: November 07, 2014, 12:32:12 pm »
Updated again with newly announced release dates for Atelier Shallie & Atelier Ayesha Plus.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

argyle

« Reply #291 on: November 13, 2014, 04:11:23 pm »
A couple more updates - a confirmed release date for Under Night Birth-something Ex+Alpha Extreme Turbo Edition: Late. ;) Also boxart finally for Guilty Gear Xrd.

desocietas

« Reply #292 on: November 13, 2014, 06:14:51 pm »
Updated again with newly announced release dates for Atelier Shallie & Atelier Ayesha Plus.

Argh, why do they keep coming out with digital-only plus Ateliers? I want the extra content, but I want it in a retail package... it just makes me not want to purchase the original retail versions because it's likely that they'll release a plus version with more stuff.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #293 on: November 14, 2014, 07:33:43 am »

Argh, why do they keep coming out with digital-only plus Ateliers? I want the extra content, but I want it in a retail package... it just makes me not want to purchase the original retail versions because it's likely that they'll release a plus version with more stuff.

True.

IMO though, other than Rorona+ (which got a retail release and, more importantly - made Astrid a playable character!)...none of the digital only plus versions have even come close to offering any compelling enough new content to warrant a purchase.

New costumes, voices, a new "bonus" dungeon, another ending, adding another 10 or 20 minutes to the game, etc...none of the above *do* enough for me to re-buy what amounts to >95% of the game I've already bought & played.

abe

« Reply #294 on: November 14, 2014, 04:14:49 pm »
I just heard that htoL #NiQ: The Firefly Diary on the Vita has been delayed from fall 2014 to February 2015. Unfortunately, it also seems it will still be digital only unless NIS America announces a special limited edition physical version. Japan got a limited edition physical version in addition to its digital-only standard release, so it's not entirely impossible.

abe

« Reply #295 on: November 18, 2014, 08:50:00 pm »
Hell yeah! ;D htoL #NiQ: The Firefly Diary is getting a physical release in North America in both standard and limited editions! They're already up for preorder on NIS America's online store. The game is set for a February 24, 2015 release.

In other news, Idea Factory International has announced that they are bringing Omega Quintet (PS4) to the west in 2015! Here's the game's official English website: http://ideafintl.com/omega-quintet/

I'm so hyped for both of these now! ;D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:26:12 pm by abe »

argyle

« Reply #296 on: November 18, 2014, 08:53:48 pm »
Son of a.... I was JUST updating the main post about the Firefly physical edition & was about to post it here. I *cannot* beat Abe to a update! It must be his super power or something.  :o

abe

« Reply #297 on: November 18, 2014, 09:01:13 pm »
Son of a.... I was JUST updating the main post about the Firefly physical edition & was about to post it here. I *cannot* beat Abe to a update! It must be his super power or something.  :o

It is. :D

On another note, the localization for Brandish: The Dark Revenant isn't dead yet. I don't think I've heard about that game for months now. Xseed recently confirmed that they're still aiming for a 2014 release date. Unfortunately it's still a digital only release, but fortunately it will be compatible with the PS Vita and PlayStation TV (in addition to the PSP).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:16:52 pm by abe »

davifus

« Reply #298 on: November 18, 2014, 09:16:56 pm »
Thanks for the update guys
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #299 on: November 19, 2014, 06:50:02 am »
Huh

Normally, I want to play & pre-order almost any & all N1 LE's

but

I'm not interested in this Firefly game at all...

- could be a combination of the weird name + my complete ignorance about the game.

wtf *is* it?