Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226719 times)

abe

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #330 on: December 06, 2014, 03:56:37 pm »
Yaay, Persona 5 is coming to the PS4 in addition to the previously announced PS3 version next year. So hyped! ;D There's a new teaser trailer out now too.

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #331 on: December 06, 2014, 04:35:01 pm »
Yaay, Persona 5 is coming to the PS4 in addition to the previously announced PS3 version next year. So hyped! ;D There's a new teaser trailer out now too.

You da man - you bearer of good tidings, you ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #332 on: December 06, 2014, 09:07:39 pm »
Hey, I call foul this time - we already knew it was coming to the PS4. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #333 on: December 06, 2014, 10:54:11 pm »
Hey, I call foul this time - we already knew it was coming to the PS4. :P

How did I manage to miss that? :o To be fair, it wasn't in the main post yet anyways. :P Really though, how did I miss something like that? ??? Official announcements for North America now and all that tho, not that anybody would doubt that we'd get it.

abe

« Reply #334 on: December 08, 2014, 01:42:42 pm »
I was just browsing NIS America's online store and noticed that some of their older limited editions are once again in stock. If you missed out before, now's your chance! :D

These are what's back:
-Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PS Vita) limited edition
-Mugen Souls (PS3) limited edition set - this one is actually a bundle of the limited editions for Mugen Souls and its sequel, Mugen Souls Z plus the 2 figure set for the first game's LE and the Zodiac keychain from the second.
-The Witch and the Hundred Knight (PS3) limited edition with Metallia Nendoroid figure

soera

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #337 on: December 10, 2014, 10:20:18 am »
http://rpgfan.com/news/2014/2330.html

http://rpgfan.com/news/2014/2331.html

Be still my beating heart.  Loved the FF rhythm game and reeeeeaaally hoping they bring DQ over here as well even though it never seems to sell al that well.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

davifus

« Reply #338 on: December 10, 2014, 10:42:12 am »
If these were vita imports i would of brought them in a heart beat buttttttttt Nintendo with their region lockkkkkk.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

soera

« Reply #339 on: December 10, 2014, 02:38:03 pm »
Im really hoping that these are both brought over. Bravely Second is definitely among the top 2-3 titles Im holding out on.

maximo310

« Reply #340 on: December 10, 2014, 03:08:08 pm »
Im really hoping that these are both brought over. Bravely Second is definitely among the top 2-3 titles Im holding out on.
Speaking of which, they already have the release date in Japan as April 23rd, and you get a limited edition that's pretty expensive as well. http://kotaku.com/bravely-second-dated-for-japan-getting-limited-edition-1668652565
I really hope that SE does try to localize, because I heard that for the first game, Nintendo had to step in to help for the game's localization, which took 17 months. Hopefully, the game comes out here in late 2015 or early 2016, but that's being hopeful that SE will realize there is a market here for JRPGS, since BD sold very well in the U.S. compared to most other jrpgs.

desocietas

« Reply #341 on: December 10, 2014, 03:08:20 pm »
Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker announced for NA... still need to play 1, 1 Overclocked, and 2 :/

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/12/10/atlus-announces-devil-survivor-2-record-breaker-for-north-america
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #342 on: December 10, 2014, 04:32:47 pm »
Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker announced for NA... still need to play 1, 1 Overclocked, and 2 :/

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/12/10/atlus-announces-devil-survivor-2-record-breaker-for-north-america

I'm excited for it, but I haven't played the originals or the Overclocked version of 1 either. :-[

abe

« Reply #343 on: December 11, 2014, 09:30:46 am »
Square Enix has announced that the Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster will be coming to the PS4 in the west this Spring, and will cost $49.99 at launch.

argyle

« Reply #344 on: December 11, 2014, 09:50:40 am »
Square Enix has announced that the Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster will be coming to the PS4 in the west this Spring, and will cost $49.99 at launch.

Just read that - I wonder what exactly the "system specific features" will be?  ??? I'll probably end up with it eventually because I'm such a FFX nut, but not at release. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis