Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226622 times)

argyle

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #390 on: January 20, 2015, 05:30:24 pm »
Updated! In addition to the info you guys posted I also added Code Name S.T.E.A.M. to the release list. Also, I typically don't mention preorder bonuses since that seems like a lot to try to keep up with, but I felt the Gamestop-exclusive Majora's Mask pin for preordering STEAM deserved a special mention.

The Majora's Mask pin comes with preorders of Code Name S.T.E.A.M.? ??? Wut :o

No idea, unless Nintendo is using that to try to sell a new IP.

.....worked on me. :P

It's a good idea I suppose. It might've worked for me, but no bonuses like that at EB Games in Canada unfortunately. :( It's too bad, because I'm kinda on the fence with this one. I'm not sure I like the look of the game so far, but it's from one of my favorite publishers... I probably won't bother with it until later, unless it turns out that it's amazing. What are your thoughts on it so far?

Steampunk Valkyria Chronicles from the Fire Emblem dev. What's not to like? :)

The steampunk part, heheh. :P Kidding (sorta).

I love Fire Emblem and enjoyed what I've played of Advance Wars, but I haven't played and of the Valkyria Chronicles series, so I don't really know what to expect from this game.

Valkyria Chronicles is turn-based strategy, but during your characters turn the view changes to 3rd person and you have full control over them - no grids or anything like that. You do have limited movement/action points. I've only watched the trailer for STEAM mind you, but that's definitely what it looks like to me.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #391 on: January 20, 2015, 05:33:36 pm »
Updated! In addition to the info you guys posted I also added Code Name S.T.E.A.M. to the release list. Also, I typically don't mention preorder bonuses since that seems like a lot to try to keep up with, but I felt the Gamestop-exclusive Majora's Mask pin for preordering STEAM deserved a special mention.

It's a good idea I suppose. It might've worked for me, but no bonuses like that at EB Games in Canada unfortunately. :( It's too bad, because I'm kinda on the fence with this one. I'm not sure I like the look of the game so far, but it's from one of my favorite publishers... I probably won't bother with it until later, unless it turns out that it's amazing. What are your thoughts on it so far?

I love Fire Emblem and enjoyed what I've played of Advance Wars, but I haven't played and of the Valkyria Chronicles series, so I don't really know what to expect from this game.

Another game that has a similar system to Valkyria Chronicles would be XCOM if that helps at all.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #392 on: January 20, 2015, 05:43:46 pm »
Another game that has a similar system to Valkyria Chronicles would be XCOM if that helps at all.

Yes, good call.

Also, Operation Abyss got a release date of 4/14 and a LE was announced (another of NISA's standard deals). I also updated the quantity remaining on the various NISA LE's. Some of those are getting really low, so jump on them now if you want them!
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #393 on: January 20, 2015, 05:48:25 pm »

Valkyria Chronicles is turn-based strategy, but during your characters turn the view changes to 3rd person and you have full control over them - no grids or anything like that. You do have limited movement/action points. I've only watched the trailer for STEAM mind you, but that's definitely what it looks like to me.

Thanks for the explanation. :) Sounds pretty fun. I might have to look into getting now if Canada gets any neat preorder bonuses. If not, I'll buy it later and buy Valkyria Chronicles instead. :P

Nope, sorry. I haven't played XCOM either. :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #394 on: January 22, 2015, 04:50:05 pm »

Nope, sorry. I haven't played XCOM either. :(

Uh, turn-based Gears of War (or really any cover shooter)?  Heh.  It's fairly unique system and X-com probably is the best comparison.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:51:50 pm by krelyan »

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

desocietas

« Reply #395 on: January 22, 2015, 08:24:03 pm »
Just wanted to let you know that Toukiden:Kiwami and Story of Seasons have updated their release dates:

Toukiden: Kiwami (PS4/Vita)
March 31, 2015

Story of Seasons (3DS)
March 10, 2015

Thanks for all your great work!  I added some of these titles to the database.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #396 on: January 23, 2015, 09:22:44 pm »
I watched a couple of new trailers for Etrian Mystery Dungeon today, and I gotta say it looks REALLY good. It looks Rogue-like - is it?

davifus

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

davifus

« Reply #398 on: January 23, 2015, 09:35:58 pm »
-o-

abe

« Reply #399 on: January 23, 2015, 10:31:56 pm »
I watched a couple of new trailers for Etrian Mystery Dungeon today, and I gotta say it looks REALLY good. It looks Rogue-like - is it?

Yep, it's a rougelike just like the rest of the Mystery Dungeon series. I'd like to play it, but for some reason it's $50 in Canada. I haven't paid that much for a standard edition 3DS game since SMT IV. What's even more ridiculous is that SMT: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker is $60. :o

IA/VT coming out around Summer 2015!

As excited as I am for IA/VT, I wouldn't even be surprised if it got delayed for the third time. According to this article, the game was already almost half done January of last year. :-\
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #400 on: January 23, 2015, 11:03:50 pm »

As excited as I am for IA/VT, I wouldn't even be surprised if it got delayed for the third time. According to this article, the game was already almost half done January of last year. :-\

Well lets cross our fingers

davifus

« Reply #401 on: January 23, 2015, 11:53:16 pm »
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NIS AMERICA WHY!

Did anybody get the email about their preorder paypal authorization expiring. Now I have to manual send them money 5 times, because it can't be fixed.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #402 on: January 24, 2015, 07:44:00 am »

Yep, it's a rougelike just like the rest of the Mystery Dungeon series. I'd like to play it, but for some reason it's $50 in Canada. I haven't paid that much for a standard edition 3DS game since SMT IV. What's even more ridiculous is that SMT: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker is $60. :o

Has EOMD & SMT pre-ordered ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Warmsignal

« Reply #403 on: January 24, 2015, 12:38:43 pm »

Did anybody get the email about their preorder paypal authorization expiring. Now I have to manual send them money 5 times, because it can't be fixed.

I'm seriously done ordering from them, and done pre-ordering anything on the Internet. Everywhere I do this, something goes wrong. I'm curious if you can actually cancel your pre-order at NIS? Because I'd like to.

davifus

« Reply #404 on: January 24, 2015, 01:40:11 pm »

I'm seriously done ordering from them, and done pre-ordering anything on the Internet. Everywhere I do this, something goes wrong. I'm curious if you can actually cancel your pre-order at NIS? Because I'd like to.

This only happened because of there recent online store upgrade.
This only affect preorder with paypal that were made before Jan 6th, so 4/5 of mine. I'm not sure how to cancel it but im sure you would have to email there support center. I'll stick with my preorder and just send the payments.