Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226640 times)

abe

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #435 on: February 03, 2015, 04:00:42 pm »
Actual news is kinda scarce on this topic so... more trademark related things and speculations! Bandai Namco has registered a trademark in both 'Murica and Europe for Lost Song, which hints at a western release for Sword Art Online: Lost Song (it was pretty much confirmed already anyways, with the preoducer promising a better English localization this time). They've also registered a trademark in Europe for Eyes of Heaven, which may mean a western release for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven for the PS3 and PS4 is in the works. I'm excited by this possibility. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle (PS3) was fantastic and more JoJo is always a good thing. :D

On another note what are all y'all looking forward to most this year in regards to games relevant to this thread? My top 5 are:
1. Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (PS4)
2. Persona 5 (PS4)
3. The new Fire Emblem (3DS)
4. Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (3DS)
5. Steins;Gate (PS Vita)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #436 on: February 03, 2015, 04:14:44 pm »
Actual news is kinda scarce on this topic so... more trademark related things and speculations! Bandai Namco has registered a trademark in both 'Murica and Europe for Lost Song, which hints at a western release for Sword Art Online: Lost Song (it was pretty much confirmed already anyways, with the preoducer promising a better English localization this time). They've also registered a trademark in Europe for Eyes of Heaven, which may mean a western release for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven for the PS3 and PS4 is in the works. I'm excited by this possibility. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle (PS3) was fantastic and more JoJo is always a good thing. :D

On another note what are all y'all looking forward to most this year in regards to games relevant to this thread? Kenny's top 3 are:

2. Persona 5 (PS4)
3. Awakened Fate Ultimatum
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #437 on: February 03, 2015, 04:25:40 pm »
1) Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)
2) Tales of Zestiria (PS3)
3) Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (PS4)
4) Bloodborne (PS4)
5) Persona 5 (PS4)

Honorable Mentions: FF Type-0, Yokai Watch, Etrian Mystery Dungeon & FF XV (I can dream, right? :P)

EDIT: I've recently realized this is going to be a huge year for RPGs. In addition to the JRPGs I'm looking forward to there are WRPGs coming like Witcher 3 that I'm really excited about. Making time for the ones I want to play is going to be a real challenge, but I'm going to do my best - my goal right now is to finish Tales of Xillia 2 before FF Type-0 comes out next month on the 17th. That shouldn't be a problem, but I guess more realistically I should have it finished by the 20th of this month because I'm picking up The Order: 1886 and will want to play that as well.  :P
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:31:56 pm by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

davifus

« Reply #438 on: February 03, 2015, 05:58:39 pm »

On another note what are all y'all looking forward to most this year in regards to games relevant to this thread? My top 5 are:
2. Persona 5 (PS4)
5. Steins;Gate (PS Vita)

Is lost song going be digital or physical release? If digital I might as well just buy the Asia English Sub version.

My Top 5:
1) KH3
2) FFXV
3) FF Type-0
4) Sword Art Online: Lost Song
5) Xenoblade Chronicle X
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #439 on: February 03, 2015, 06:25:17 pm »

2. Persona 5 (PS4)
5. Steins;Gate (PS Vita)

Is lost song going be digital or physical release? If digital I might as well just buy the Asia English Sub version.

My Top 5:
1) KH3
2) FFXV
3) FF Type-0
5) Xenoblade Chronicle X

You're expecting KH3 this year? Man, you're even more optimistic than I am! :P
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

davifus

« Reply #440 on: February 03, 2015, 06:39:30 pm »

2. Persona 5 (PS4)
5. Steins;Gate (PS Vita)

My Top 5:
1) KH3
2) FFXV
3) FF Type-0
5) Xenoblade Chronicle X

You're expecting KH3 this year? Man, you're even more optimistic than I am! :P
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #441 on: February 03, 2015, 07:46:33 pm »
Well then. That's the highest resolution photo of crossed fingers I've ever seen! :o :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #442 on: February 04, 2015, 07:10:38 am »
Well then. That's the highest resolution photo of crossed fingers I've ever seen! :o :P

I'd of only used 1 finger :P

soera

« Reply #443 on: February 04, 2015, 07:53:52 am »
On another note what are all y'all looking forward to most this year in regards to games relevant to this thread?
1. Bravely Second
2. Ni no Kuni 2
3. Dragon quest heroes
4. Everquest Next
5. Final Fantasy Explorers

This is my future wishlist

argyle

« Reply #444 on: February 04, 2015, 09:58:32 am »
Added Eiyuu Senki: The World Conquest to the OP, a tactical turn-based RPG due out this summer in NA. I love the artwork for it, very colorful. :)

abe

« Reply #445 on: February 04, 2015, 10:07:52 am »
Added Eiyuu Senki: The World Conquest to the OP, a tactical turn-based RPG due out this summer in NA. I love the artwork for it, very colorful. :)

Looks pretty awesome. :) Hopefully we'll get the PS Vita version too, but I'll settle for the PS3 version as long as we get a physical version.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #446 on: February 04, 2015, 10:11:12 am »
I'm liking the artwork too!

Is it part of a series (from/in) JP, or something?

abe

« Reply #447 on: February 04, 2015, 10:20:54 am »
I'm liking the artwork too!

Is it part of a series (from/in) JP, or something?

It was originally a visual novel for the PC in Japan. I'm not sure if the PS3 & Vita versions are all-ages ports of the PC version, or if they're a new game in the series.

argyle

« Reply #448 on: February 04, 2015, 10:39:52 am »
This is the description from Gematsu.com:

Due out this summer in North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand, the tactical turn-based battle game puts players in an alternate world populated with famous characters of history and legend—all in the form of beautiful maidens—who must fight their way to conquering the world. It features over 70 heroines to battle with, 120 cities to conquer, and multiple endings.

Sounds like an amusing premise for a game. ;)

argyle

« Reply #449 on: February 05, 2015, 09:49:59 am »
There's been a new Persona 5 trailer released, which shows actual gameplay, so I've added it to the OP.  Here it is as well:

Also, the release date for P4: Dancing All Night in Japan is late June, so I'd assume we'll get it around the same time. That means that P5 will most likely be a Fall/Holiday release for us, since it's coming out sometime after P4:DAK.

One more piece of news, the FF XV demo that you can only get by buying FF Type-0 HD will be playable the day Type-0 releases.