Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226671 times)

davifus

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #465 on: February 06, 2015, 07:57:30 pm »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #466 on: February 06, 2015, 08:56:39 pm »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #467 on: February 09, 2015, 11:29:16 am »
Former Team Ninja developer and current Valhalla Game Studios boss Tomonobu Itagaki has hinted at the localization of Wii U’s Fatal Frame: Oracle of the Sodden Raven coming westward.

In response to a post on his Facebook page, Itagaki said: “Hey guys, I strongly believe that [Fatal Frame producer] Kikuchi Keisuke will release the Fatal Frame V in America, in many countries. He and me have same philosophy from Tecmo days. That’s what I can say for now. I want you guys to read between the lines. Anyway I will play this game.”

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/02/tomonobu-itagaki-hints-fatal-frame-wii-u-localization#lfL8uVJy22q4yrIc.99

:D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #468 on: February 09, 2015, 11:38:43 am »
Ninty must be paying beacoup bucks for exclusivity rights for games like that & Bayonetta 2 :o

Not playing favorites, but - just going by the install-base numbers...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #469 on: February 09, 2015, 01:08:50 pm »
On another note what are all y'all looking forward to most this year in regards to games relevant to this thread? My top 5 are:
1. Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (PS4)
2. Persona 5 (PS4)
3. The new Fire Emblem (3DS)
4. Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (3DS)
5. Steins;Gate (PS Vita)

1) Bloodborne (PS4)
2) Persona 5 (PS4)
3) Disgaea 5 (PS4)
4) Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU)
5) New Fire Emblem (3DS) (crossing fingers for 2015 release)

Honorable Mentions: Bravely Second (3DS), FFXIV: Heavensward (PC)

Little disappointing that they're all sequels (and a pseudo sequel)  :-\.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

argyle

« Reply #470 on: February 09, 2015, 04:54:03 pm »
Ninty must be paying beacoup bucks for exclusivity rights for games like that & Bayonetta 2 :o

Not playing favorites, but - just going by the install-base numbers...

Well iunno about Fatal Frame but Nintendo funded getting Bayonetta 2 made, so... ;)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #471 on: February 13, 2015, 08:35:07 am »
Not surprisingly, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 (PS Vita) has been announced for a retail and digital release in North America this summer by Idea Factory International. That leaves Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II (PS4) as the only one left in the franchise that hasn't gotten a confirmed localization yet (it's only a matter of time before it does). According to Idea Factory International, the game will be a bit longer and there will be more story scenarios thanks to the addition of a new character. Also for some stupid reason, if you want dual audio so you can have the original Japanese audio (which I always do) you have to download it as a free DLC. I realize that there are other games that do this, like some of the games in the Dynasty Warriors franchise, but why can't it just be included in the game like the rest of the Neptunia franchise? Why start now? :-\

Story of Seasons (3DS) has also been given a solid release date of March 31st. Xseed has also officially announced the localization of Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (3DS), which is due to be released over here this spring.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #473 on: February 13, 2015, 11:53:22 am »
Oh man, not only are we getting Yokai Watch, but Level 5 is planning a major NA push w/ the show and a toy line as well!  Sweet! ;D

http://gematsu.com/2015/02/level-5-teaming-hasbro-western-yo-kai-watch-toy-line

abe

« Reply #474 on: February 13, 2015, 04:54:36 pm »
Any of you heard/know anything about this?

http://www.amazon.com/Under-Night-In-Birth-Exe-Late-PlayStation/dp/B00MUTAVH6/ref=pd_sim_vg_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=02YMKGKCBKCWBHG2R4GW

It's on my long list of "things I want but won't realistically buy any time soon". It's a fighting game from the same developers of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, which is another game I want. It looks pretty cool, and the version we're getting is the updated version of the game originally released in Japan. I don't really know a whole lot about it, but as far as I'm aware, it's an original game not based off of any other franchises.

davifus

« Reply #475 on: February 13, 2015, 05:34:22 pm »
Anybody who missed out on the MH4U CE they have in stock @ the online store for GS. Pure coincidence that I found this available today @ the day of launch.

maximo310

« Reply #476 on: February 13, 2015, 07:41:52 pm »
Anybody who missed out on the MH4U CE they have in stock @ the online store for GS. Pure coincidence that I found this available today @ the day of launch.
Huh, that's actually interesting. I wish they had the same for the MM LE, but it looks like I'll have to wait until Monday to see if they have any leftovers.

davifus

« Reply #477 on: February 13, 2015, 07:56:32 pm »
Huh, that's actually interesting. I wish they had the same for the MM LE, but it looks like I'll have to wait until Monday to see if they have any leftovers.
Keep a look out for an extra MM LE for me. I'll do the same for you. 

desocietas

« Reply #478 on: February 13, 2015, 08:07:41 pm »

Nintendo Minute is giving away a MM LE... worth a shot, eh? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHYCtqpV24I
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #479 on: February 13, 2015, 11:59:19 pm »

Nintendo Minute is giving away a MM LE... worth a shot, eh? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHYCtqpV24I

Heh, if they abide by their own rules most of those entries will be disqualified - they said to use the exact phrase they give at the end of the video, and almost no one is doing that.