Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226662 times)

abe

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #540 on: March 26, 2015, 09:30:49 pm »
Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chirari (PS Vita) has been announced for localization to North America and Europe and should be released some time this spring. The game will be released here as Sayonara UmiharaKawase + and will cost $19.99 at launch. This leads me to believe that it will likely be a digital-only release, in addition to the 3DS version we already have that's digital-only. :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

indenton

« Reply #541 on: March 31, 2015, 08:56:55 pm »
So I was just looking up Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson and I have to say that the box art is significantly better than Burst's box art. 

If there was only a single reason as to why the game was not on the shelves. It would be the insanely crude box art of Senran Kagura Burst which practically shouts "Hey!! Guess what this games got!"

In fact, the Shinovi Versus box art's pretty tame too.  Really seems like Nintendo got the raw end of the deal from the franchise, just wanting to stain the 3DS library out of spite.  I don't own a PS Vita, but it looks like these games are more at home with the Vita.  But now it's back on the 3DS? please don't mess around with the PAL [EU] box art.  I want to feel like I'm not being 'suckered in' from the box art alone. 

abe

« Reply #542 on: April 01, 2015, 08:19:06 am »
Atlus has announced that it's bringing Stella Glow (3DS) to North America some time this year. No, this isn't an April Fools' joke (I'm pretty sure).

Here's a Japanese trailer

indenton

« Reply #543 on: April 01, 2015, 11:22:01 am »
I suppose I spoke to soon... urghh

abe

« Reply #544 on: April 01, 2015, 07:56:27 pm »
THIS IS FINALLY ACTUALLY HAPPENING! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I need a WiiU now. :-[

Sooo... SMT x Fire Emblem definitely isn't dead now, and if you watch the trailer you'll notice that some of it looks like Persona too. :)
Fatal Frame is also being localized and due for a release in North America later this year.
The new Fire Emblem for the 3DS will be titled Fire Emblem If and will release in North America some time in 2016.
Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains for the 3DS is also being localized and will release in May on the eShop.

rancesama

« Reply #545 on: April 01, 2015, 09:40:56 pm »
THIS IS FINALLY ACTUALLY HAPPENING! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I need a WiiU now. :-[

Sooo... SMT x Fire Emblem definitely isn't dead now, and if you watch the trailer you'll notice that some of it looks like Persona too. :)
Fatal Frame is also being localized and due for a release in North America later this year.
The new Fire Emblem for the 3DS will be titled Fire Emblem If and will release in North America some time in 2016.
Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains for the 3DS is also being localized and will release in May on the eShop.

Just got done watching the Nintendo Direct. This is the game I have been wanting for my Wii U!!! We haven't heard much about it so I assumed it might get canceled. This is the Wii U's Persona ^_^

Fatal Frame on the Wii U was also confirmed for NA, which is another one I really wanted them to bring over. I am so pumped to own a Wii U right now ;D

See news, reviews and more at Nintendo Frontier!

argyle

« Reply #546 on: April 02, 2015, 03:06:26 pm »
Thanks guys - finally updated the OP w/ everything you mentioned + the newly announced release date for Rodea the Sky Soldier. As always, appreciate all the info!  ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #547 on: April 12, 2015, 09:01:35 pm »
Not much news for this thread has been announced recently, but Project X Zone 2 (3DS) was officially announced to be localized for NA (and some other regions) very shortly after the game was announced for Japan (within the same day officially, not counting the leak from a couple days ago).

Saint Seiya: Soldiers' Soul (PS4&3) has also been announced for localization.

No word on official or estimated release dates for either yet.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 09:03:55 pm by abe »

desocietas

« Reply #548 on: April 12, 2015, 09:27:46 pm »
Not much news for this thread has been announced recently, but Project X Zone 2 (3DS) was officially announced to be localized for NA (and some other regions) very shortly after the game was announced for Japan (within the same day officially, not counting the leak from a couple days ago).

Saint Seiya: Soldiers' Soul (PS4&3) has also been announced for localization.

No word on official or estimated release dates for either yet.

I'm hoping Monster Hunter Stories will be localized for NA...  The fact that they made a MH N3DSXL makes me hopeful  ::)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #549 on: April 13, 2015, 02:29:28 pm »
Updated OP. Gematsu reported "Fall 2015" for both Project X Zone 2 & Saint Seiya, so that's what I put down. Also, I'll be surprised if Monster Hunter Stories doesn't get a NA release. AFAIK, all of the MH games have been localized except for the MMO's. I've written off the main entries in the series as "not for me", but I'm curious about this one.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #550 on: April 13, 2015, 06:41:10 pm »
The MH RPG looks intriguing; will be interesting to see when they announce some actual gameplay mechanics.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

argyle

« Reply #551 on: April 14, 2015, 02:53:54 pm »
Atlus just announced they're localizing a dungeon crawler for the Vita, Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal.

argyle

« Reply #552 on: April 15, 2015, 12:15:56 pm »
Another update, Sayonara UmiharaKawase+ is releasing next week on the PSN. I also updated the listing w/ a new trailer.

EDIT: Oh my, that trailer is chock full of Engrish. "Flame rate now is 60fps!"  :P
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 12:21:03 pm by argyle »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #553 on: April 15, 2015, 01:36:19 pm »
aaaannnd a

(ba - da)

*Bump* +

a shout-out and a bit of thanks, recognition, and appreciation for the Dood that kicked-off, maintains, & keeps this thread going...Greg  ;D

Btw, Argy - did you forget to list the LE for Omega Quintet?

Or...did you have it there and remove it because it's already gone/sold-out?

Anyone else feeling a (*bad*) bit of deja-vu?

*Looking* hard at "The" Lost/The "Last* Guardian  >:( :-\ :'( :-\ :'( :'( :'( >:(

from the PSN/digital Vaporware/ersion of CoH2G?

I mean...wasn't that done, ready, and submitted to Sony/PSN ages ago?

Someone on the G*FAQs CoH2G board posted that "it's been Months since they've seen or heard anything or from anyone" that was involved with the game, & could answer their questions & allay their fears...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #554 on: April 15, 2015, 02:57:33 pm »
Thanks Kenny, I didn't realize there was a LE for Omega Quintet - added it. ;)  And I've had the same thoughts about the digital CoH2g, every time I update the OP in fact. I wanted to keep my physical copy sealed & just grab the digital to play since it's so rare, but I may just end up opening it up if I get ready to play it & the digital still isn't out (or even given a date).  :-\