Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226617 times)

krelyan

PRO Supporter

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #555 on: April 15, 2015, 04:32:01 pm »
I didn't bother with the 2G physical release because they had announced plans to do a PSN release.  Regretting that right about now.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

abe

« Reply #556 on: April 15, 2015, 05:04:37 pm »
I didn't bother with the 2G physical release because they had announced plans to do a PSN release.  Regretting that right about now.

Me too. Now it's on my fairly long list of games I wish I bought when I had the chance. :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #557 on: April 15, 2015, 05:33:27 pm »
I always support devs who take a chance on a limited physical run of a otherwise digital-only game. I really wish they were doing that with Eiyuu Senki: The World Conquest.  I just imported RE HD to have a physical copy of that, and I plan on doing the same thing with Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines and a few others on my list.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #558 on: April 15, 2015, 06:05:39 pm »
I always support devs who take a chance on a limited physical run of a otherwise digital-only game. I really wish they were doing that with Eiyuu Senki: The World Conquest.  I just imported RE HD to have a physical copy of that, and I plan on doing the same thing with Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines and a few others on my list.

I like to as well, but I don't always have the money for it at the time. :( In addition to that, it can often be more expensive to buy one of those and have them shipped to Canada because of our crappy dollar and ridiculous shipping costs. That was the main reason I didn't get CoH 2G last year, it was going to be around $90 Canadian after shipping and the exchange rate. :'(

argyle

« Reply #559 on: April 16, 2015, 09:30:32 am »
Ick, $90 - can't say I blame you there.  :-\

Updated the OP w/ the Bamco release dates announced yesterday. Also added Godzilla to the list, it had somehow slipped through the cracks.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #560 on: April 16, 2015, 05:36:04 pm »
It didn't help that it was hard to justify paying the extra costs for CoH2G when Persona Q was just around the corner (and I was personally still working on EO:U). There hasn't been a lot of dungeon crawlers since then, so I've been getting anxious for another and if they keep slipping on releasing it digitally it's going to just end up competing with the 2nd Untold game out in a few months for my time and money :(.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

argyle

« Reply #561 on: April 17, 2015, 09:26:29 am »
Idea Factory is bringing over Amnesia: Memories this August. It's a visual novel "otome" (girl game).

:P

abe

« Reply #562 on: April 17, 2015, 09:59:53 am »
Idea Factory is bringing over Amnesia: Memories this August. It's a visual novel "otome" (girl game).

Gosh, so exciting. I'm not sure I can hold back my excitement over a game I've never heard of from a subgenre I care nothing about.

*Edit: News Time
Recent trademarks filed by Bandai Namco in Europe suggest the possible localization of the updated version of Deception IV.

Thanks to a Best Buy listing somebody discovered, it's also very likely Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence for the PS4 is getting localized for a North American release.

No official announcements for either of those games yet though.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:38:21 am by abe »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #563 on: April 17, 2015, 11:59:47 am »
What's "updated" from the existing Deception 4?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #564 on: April 17, 2015, 12:20:18 pm »

Huh? I don't even see Deception 4? Are you feeling OK, Kenny? :P

desocietas

« Reply #565 on: April 17, 2015, 12:35:25 pm »

Gosh, so exciting. I'm not sure I can hold back my excitement over a game I've never heard of from a subgenre I care nothing about.

lol, hey some people care about otome.   Hakuoki seemed to be well received in NA.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #566 on: April 17, 2015, 02:18:53 pm »

Huh? I don't even see Deception 4? Are you feeling OK, Kenny? :P

Recent trademarks filed by Bandai Namco in Europe suggest the possible localization of the updated version of Deception IV.

:o ::) :P

"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #567 on: April 17, 2015, 02:42:42 pm »

From what I understand it's mostly new traps and some new characters and old ones from previous games. There's some more new stages too.

karyann

« Reply #568 on: April 18, 2015, 01:19:52 pm »
Atlus just announced they're localizing a dungeon crawler for the Vita, Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal.

Damn, I'm so behind on all these games! An Atlus dungeon crawler sounds pretty exciting, I'm adding this to my list :) Thanks for keeping an updated list, too! It helps a lot.

abe

« Reply #569 on: April 21, 2015, 11:52:36 am »
Soo... apparently Gaijinworks is planning on localizing some more PSP RPGs. They're supposed to be making announcements on which ones exactly later this week (that's right, more than just one :D). Hopefully they'll see a limited physical release and won't be released exclusively on the PSN. It's nice to see that the PSP is still seeing some support over here in 2015, with the fairly recent release of Brandish: The Dark Revenant this year and now these new games.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/21/psp-rpgs-localized-care-gaijinworks/