Author Topic: Games that are too expensive  (Read 7631 times)

razorbeamz

Re: Games that are too expensive
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2014, 03:44:13 pm »
Dirt cheap CD/DVD based games include:

Xbox
PS2
PS3

That is all.

Sega CD and Saturn can also be dirt cheap but they're harder to find.
My collection doesn't include my Steam or PSN games, just physical games.

darko

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2014, 03:44:57 pm »

Xbox
PS2
PS3

That is all.

Sega CD and Saturn can also be dirt cheap but they're harder to find.

I probably should have qualified that with the word "good".

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2014, 04:03:39 pm »

Xbox
PS2
PS3

That is all.

Excluding the smaller-runs of niche (J)RPG's (moreso on the Sony systems (ex. Baldur's Gate 2 has been significantly more expensive for the PS2 version than the Xbox version for years now)), I agree.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2014, 11:39:04 pm »
I can still easily find dirt-cheap GameCube, Wii, and PS1 stuff, even cheap Dreamcast stuff sometimes. And I go to the usual places: Goodwill, used music shops, eBay.

However Saturn and Sega CD is a different story.

scott

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2014, 08:36:42 am »
This is an interesting question for someone who doesn't really have a limit on collection items (not bragging, just saying). I probably look at things a little differently. What it comes down to for me is - am I willing to spend $x on x? If the answer is yes, then I buy it. If it's no, then I don't. Market value has very little relevance unless I smell that something's off. For instance, I purchased The Death and Return of Superman on SNES CIB last weekend for ~ $75. Did I know that I wanted it? Not really. Did I want it when I saw it? Yep. Would I recommend anyone else pay that much for a garbage SNES title? Nope. It's all totally relative and is simply restricted by the limits of your personal confines/restraints.

As far as items I feel are terribly overpriced in comparison to supply/demand issues:

Earthbound
Mega Max X2 & X3
Panic Restaurant
Little Samson

I'm willing to bet that a part of the reason why the prices of some of these items are so outrageous (comparatively speaking) has to do with people like me. However, I also feel like many people who associate with this hobby in some form or fashion forget to use common sense a lot of the time. I paid $25 for a MINT & Complete copy of Bee 52 not too long ago (even has the baggie with the red sticker that came with it). Little Samson CIB for over $1000? GTFO.

I was this way when working on my Castlevania stuff. I watched for deals, but when it came down to the last few it was more of a matter of is $x worth x to myself?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread