Author Topic: Club Nintendo reminder  (Read 6965 times)

abe

Re: Club Nintendo reminder
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 02:44:11 pm »
Dont you have a time limit (about 2 years) on the codes?

For registering codes? I've bought some games that have been out of print for a while and the codes have always been fine. The only thing I have noticed is that sometimes the codes for older games are worth fewer coins than usual.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

bobster

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 02:47:03 pm »
I think for gamecube and stuff, they don't give coins anymore when you register them.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

abe

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 02:58:53 pm »
I think for gamecube and stuff, they don't give coins anymore when you register them.

I'm pretty sure GameCube games never gave any coins to begin with in NA's Club Nintendo, since they all released long before we even got Club Nintendo. The codes that come with older games like GameCube and GBA games were meant for Nintendo's old rewards program thing, "My Nintendo", which never had a coin system or actual physical rewards as far as I can remember. It was mostly for warranty extensions and whatnot.

bobster

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2014, 03:04:39 pm »

I'm pretty sure GameCube games never gave any coins to begin with in NA's Club Nintendo, since they all released long before we even got Club Nintendo. The codes that come with older games like GameCube and GBA games were meant for Nintendo's old rewards program thing, "My Nintendo", which never had a coin system or actual physical rewards as far as I can remember. It was mostly for warranty extensions and whatnot.
Well that makes sense! I'm new to Club Nintendo this year so this is all new to me. It's cool you can still register that stuff.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2014, 03:39:53 pm »

Well that makes sense! I'm new to Club Nintendo this year so this is all new to me. It's cool you can still register that stuff.

I had some older DS games that didn't give me any coins.  I think one was Metroid Prime Pinball.  They last longer than 2 years though. 

soera

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2014, 03:48:13 pm »
The coins themselves will expire after entered if you dont use them within a certain time. Not sure what that time frame is though. Ive never had any vanish yet.

abe

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2014, 03:49:12 pm »

I had some older DS games that didn't give me any coins.  I think one was Metroid Prime Pinball.  They last longer than 2 years though.

Metroid Prime Pinball also released long before NA got Club Nintendo, though I did just find this on the Club Nintendo website, since I was curious about the expiry dates:

"Retail software has a registration timeframe of four years from the game's initial release date. For example: PINs included with Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (released 6/27/10) will expire on 6/27/14."

Kinda good to know. I would've never looked it up if it weren't for this thread.

*Just checked again. The unused coins on your account expire after two Club Nintendo Years. If you check under the Coins & Status section of your Account & Coins when you're logged in, it will tell you if you have any coins that expire at the end of this Club Nintendo Year.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 03:53:48 pm by abe »

haloofthesun

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2014, 07:18:49 pm »
"Retail software has a registration timeframe of four years from the game's initial release date. For example: PINs included with Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (released 6/27/10) will expire on 6/27/14."

That's kinda weird they say that because it isn't true. I decided to join Club Nintendo last week and registered a ton of my games over the weekend. Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, for example, was released in 2007 and it still gave me 20 coins for it.

abe

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2014, 07:31:26 pm »

That's kinda weird they say that because it isn't true. I decided to join Club Nintendo last week and registered a ton of my games over the weekend. Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, for example, was released in 2007 and it still gave me 20 coins for it.

Maybe they're worth fewer coins after the four years? Now that I look back to a couple months ago, I registered Glory of Heracles (which is also more than four years old now) and got 20 coins. It really does say they expire after four years though. :-\ Here's the page I found it on:
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2356/p/52

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2014, 09:19:34 pm »
I can vouch that GameCube games do not give you coins. I tried last week in order to get my 20 coins shy of Platinum Status covered.

It registered the games, but no coins.

Sucks to hear that DS games are no longer eligible now, too. Last DS game I registered worked, but it's been a while since I've bought a first-party DS game.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2014, 09:49:14 pm »
so apparently not only will you get coins for Mario Kart 8 but you will also get them for the Downloadable game you choose, so if your looking for that last squeeze of points that might be your ticket. the only amount I can confirm is that Pikmin 3 is 70 points

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2014, 05:22:18 pm »
Barely obtained gold this year... I hope they will give away another great game on the 3DS Virtual console. I had for free Metroid II in 2012 and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX last year.

Another free Zelda or Wario Land 3 would be great!

Retro ARCADE games news, review and gameplay Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrltRbkb_z9yUZvypUdWo8A

Twitter; https://twitter.com/NGCDManiac

90snostalga

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2014, 10:46:11 pm »
Anyone know when they give away the free Platinum item, and do you get to select an item out of a few choices?

soera

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2014, 11:38:44 pm »
Anyone know when they give away the free Platinum item, and do you get to select an item out of a few choices?

The year ends June 30 so basically another week to get platinum. They usually announce the options not too long after but it takes months to actually get the award.

90snostalga

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2014, 01:40:31 am »

The year ends June 30 so basically another week to get platinum. They usually announce the options not too long after but it takes months to actually get the award.

Thanks for answering my question.  It's good to know they have options for Platinum.  This is my first time Platinum and I cant wait!