Author Topic: Club Nintendo reminder  (Read 6697 times)

tpugmire

Club Nintendo reminder
« on: June 12, 2014, 02:26:40 pm »
Just a reminder, you have until June 30th to enter your codes to qualify for gold or platinum status. On a side note, it looks like I'm going to be 80 points short of my goal for the year. Anyone have a couple unwanted codes that you want to donate?  I'll love you forever!
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

90snostalga

Re: Club Nintendo reminder
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 02:29:01 pm »
Thanks for the reminder.  This is my first time on Platinum status.  When do they find out  a free item and announce it?

bobster

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 02:33:59 pm »
Thanks for this! I'm already platinum, but my girlfriend isn't yet. I'll have to let her know!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 02:34:20 pm »
I'm sitting at 995 coins myself right now with platinum status.  Been hoping to see something cool show up that I can get, but haven't seen anything interesting since the Luigi statue.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 02:38:23 pm »
I'm sitting at 995 coins myself right now with platinum status.  Been hoping to see something cool show up that I can get, but haven't seen anything interesting since the Luigi statue.

That sucks too.  It seems like they are adding less and less physical stuff.  I want stuff, dammit!  I missed the boat on the Luigi Statue.  I had the coins, I just drug my feet on ordering it. 

argyle

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 02:48:17 pm »
Just a reminder, you have until June 30th to enter your codes to qualify for gold or platinum status. On a side note, it looks like I'm going to be 80 points short of my goal for the year. Anyone have a couple unwanted codes that you want to donate?  I'll love you forever!

I think I may have a couple extra - I'll double-check when I get home tonight & send you a PM to see what you need then.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

tpugmire

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 03:07:31 pm »
I've been holding off on registering my games until they bring back the gold nunchuck or something equally as cool, but I get the feeling that Club Nintendo may be going away soon. They haven't had any worthwhile prizes in a long time, and I look for the prizes to eventually all be downloadable games.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

argyle

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 03:11:57 pm »
That's definitely possible.  :(  If they bring back those DS cases that hold 18 games again I'm going to get at least 2 more of them, maybe 3.  I keep filling them up with all of these cheap games I pickup at GS - I have 2 full now with 4 or 5 games "overflowing" that I need a case for!   :o
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 03:30:13 pm »
I was kinda hoping with E3, they'd release something special :\

soera

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 03:56:08 pm »
I got platinum this year. First year to get it (got gold the previous 4 or 5 years). I hope this reward is awesome!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 04:03:00 pm »
I got platinum this year. First year to get it (got gold the previous 4 or 5 years). I hope this reward is awesome!

You'll get a Mario sticker sheet, lol.

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 04:03:13 pm »
Oh, so getting Platinum awards you something?  This is my first year doing Club Nintendo.

soera

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 04:17:17 pm »
Yeah, normally the gold reward is a calendar. I have a stack of those. Platinum reward is usually a lot better and normally has 2 options. I cant wait!

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 07:42:15 pm »
By earning Gold or Platinum you'll get a free prize gift. Gold usually gets something small like a small calendar while Platinum gives you a (traditionally) big gift.

The figure above was the 2010 gift.

Speaking of which, we should have a Club Nintendo category under swag. <3
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 07:54:35 pm by badATchaos »

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 08:13:22 pm »
Apparently last years big reward was a 3 piece poster set with Luigi, Zelda, and Pikmin or the Majora's Mask 2 disk soundtrack. So I assume it'll be something along the same line for this years.  2012's was also a poster set and Mario trading cards.  Hope they do a statue, cause that one is pretty awesome lol