Author Topic: Capcom shareholders open company up to takeover possibility  (Read 2030 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

abe

Re: Capcom shareholders open company up to takeover possibility
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 11:30:06 pm »
I wonder who would actually want to buy Crapcom. ::) How would a takeover turn out for Capcom anyways? Do they even have any good IPs left that they haven't already killed off aside from Street Fighter? I'm kidding, sorta. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 11:40:25 pm »
Would LOVE to see Nintendo buy them out!

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 12:20:42 am »
I wonder who would actually want to buy Crapcom. ::) How would a takeover turn out for Capcom anyways? Do they even have any good IPs left that they haven't already killed off aside from Street Fighter? I'm kidding, sorta. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

They have tons of franchises that could be brought back and be good games, they just need to be handled better.  It would be abit of an uphill climb for whoever bought them, but if they handle it smartly, it could be very good.  Monster Hunter is a big property, I feel like Mega Man is having a resurgence lately and needs a new game of some sort, Resident Evil is still good, fans just want a solid game, Street Fighter is a winner, and they have a few other good properties.  As Jahuty said, if like Nintendo somehow bought them, man that would be crazy LOL

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 12:23:37 am »
This is just kinda on topic...

Hasn't it been long enough to have a Mega Man "re-imagining"?  Just go back to the first one and make new levels. That way we get a fresh, new game and the robot masters aren't super silly.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 12:30:55 am »
Yoshinori Ono, director of the Street Fighter games, has jumped off the Capcom ship recently.  If VGCollect members didn't know yet, that is.

Article found here...

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 02:40:16 am »
This is just kinda on topic...

Hasn't it been long enough to have a Mega Man "re-imagining"?  Just go back to the first one and make new levels. That way we get a fresh, new game and the robot masters aren't super silly.

A reboot of the original would be a good way to work Mega Man back in to things with a graphic style to rival Mighty No. 9. I of course want them to make Mega Man Legends 3, but 2D Mega Man is a start.  The problem now is that since he's been away for awhile, a lot of other games are filling in the spot of that game, so Mega Man has to be a lot better than just another rehashed game.

abe

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 06:59:42 am »
A new Mega Man without any direction from Inafune would be weird. Weren't Mega Man 9 & 10 from a few years ago sorta reboots anyways, minus graphical upgrades? Mighty No. 9 seems like the closest thing we'll ever get to a Mega Man reboot now. I forgot about Capcom having Monster Hunter though. I was joking about them not having any good IPs they having ruined yet. I've just been really bitter towards Capcom since the departure of Inafune and cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3, which was essentially the death of the Mega Man franchise (one of my all-time favorite franchises). :-\
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

bobster

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 09:04:47 am »
Seeing Nintendo pick up Capcom would be pretty awesome. I can only imagine the glorious Mega Man on the Wii U :D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 09:14:01 am »
Seeing Capcom bought by anyone would be heartbreaking to me, the end of an era most definitely.  I know, I know - Capcom isn't at the top of their game anymore, a lot of talent has left them.  They certainly aren't what they once were (IMO they could practically do no wrong in the PS2 days, and I've been a fan since long before that).

But I also think people make them out to be far worse these days than they are.  Dragon's Dogma is a really good game.  I haven't played the latest Dead Rising because it's on the 'bone, but people seem to like it from what I read online.  The last DMC was incredible, I think them getting Ninja Theory to handle dev on that one was a really good move even if the game didn't sell that well. 

Fact is they got caught in the exact same trap that many Japanese developers did last gen, changing the types of games they made to try to chase a Western audience.  I'd say they did a better job of it than most *cough*Square-Enix*cough*.  ;)  Basically, I don't want to see them bought out, I want to see them return to their roots.  And I think they still have it in them. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

blipcs76

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 09:46:15 am »
Would LOVE to see Nintendo buy them out!

^^^ This.

Nintendo is desperate for Wii U exclusives.  Getting new Resident Evil, Mega Man, Dead Rising, Street Fighter and Devil May Cry exclusive to the Wii U would be a huge boost for Nintendo.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 11:22:28 am »
How about a Dino Crisis HD reboot?

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 05:31:27 pm »
I agree with what others have said, I would love to see Nintendo pick em up.

spac316

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 11:40:26 pm »
I to think Nintendo should snatch them up.

Yeah, Capcom made a lot of mistakes but I hate to see them go...

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 01:07:27 am »
I to think Nintendo should snatch them up.

Yeah, Capcom made a lot of mistakes but I hate to see them go...

Even if they were bought up, it might not be the end of Capcom.  Perhaps it just becomes more of a thing like Disney with Star Wars or Marvel.  Capcom would still exist and make games, they'd just now be making them with the buyers ideas in mind.  Really, I have no clue how something like this would turn out, but it would be a significant boon to someone like Nintendo for sure...It also could very well mean exclusivity to someone like Nintendo, which would kinda suck since Capcom does a lot of multi-platform games like Dead Rising and Resident Evil now, but that would make the Wii U a pretty amazing console if they bought Capcom and start saying to expect brand new Mega Man, Resident Evil, (more) Monster Hunter, and a return to classic Devil May Cry all for the Wii U and 3DS lol